Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PHOTO: artRave stage set up in Tokyo

TRILL MONSTER

Featured Posts

high heeled fem

No catwalks in that stadium :awkney:

i know its so weird

ALSO have u notcied the barrier?? is so far back :udidnt: i feel so bad for those japanese monsters!!! WTF surely the ground with all that added stuff is level to add catwalks???

she had the btwb catwalk pit 

stage looks terrible poor JPN and they are the biggest fans :lmao:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zakroberts

Why are y'all acting like the BTWB didn't have the catwalk for stadium shows? 

The-Born-This-Way-Ball-Tour-at-Twickenha

They even still used the catwalk from the Monster Ball stage when she played stadiums in Mexico

0.jpg

(Sorry not the best pics but I cbf finding decent ones)

The point is there are ways to do it, just live nation or whoever is in charge of that just decided it would be easier not to put in the extra effort.

HighwayFantasy

WTf is this shiz?! So the artRave is now: one white balloon castle, 3 videoscreens and a piano? 

God.....this compared to the BTWB makes me kinda mad, i mean, she is the touring legend. How come that this stage is so mega boring :(

There aren't any catwalks.

The catwalks are meant for crowd interaction. Therefore they're only useful in arenas.

They lose their purpose in stadiums.

Where is your logic? Do you have none? 

Tropico

Where is your logic? Do you have none?

Get that WP for disrespect. :coffee:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Battle 4 Ur Life

It's a stadium. there won't be catwalks cause it's open, if it rains, she might slip and break her neck.

that being said, artRave is not the same without them and the Venus' inflatable flowers/penises.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Didn't the BTWB had catlwalks in the stadium?

The stage looks so boring without them :deadbanana: 

WTf is this shiz?! So the artRave is now: one white balloon castle, 3 videoscreens and a piano? 

God.....this compared to the BTWB makes me kinda mad, i mean, she is the touring legend. How come that this stage is so mega boring :(

yeah :(

NewYorkCity

Cause they need lights trusses above them, and in an open roof stadium, you don't have where to hang them from, differently from Arena where they hang them from the ceilling.

Exactly.

It is not the same for a normal catwalk (aka TMB) where you only need a structure for it. The artRAVE catwalks are complicated and with a very unique form that makes impossible to build the structure upon them.

NewYorkCity

The catwalks are meant for crowd interaction. Therefore they're only useful in arenas.

That's not the reason tho. It is because of the lighting.

MonsterOfSpain

I understand why they can't put the catwalks in stadium, but the show isn't the same without them.

destructivelove

uhhhh wut about everyone on the ground tho...also there's the whole underwhelming factor....literally the entirety of the stage design :awkney: :reductive:

What's the point of doing that though? Gaga has already said that the point of the catwalks are for crowd interaction. She'd only be near the people at the very very front of the floor in that stadium if she had the catwalks.

In an arena, she's near people on virtually the ENTIRE floor and the people on the sides in seats.

BTWB says hello 👀:awkney:

destructivelove

this tho 👀 it's not like she is some random new pop act

Her team should have build something special for her stadium dates. I'm not saying she should have done something only for Japan, but Japan is such a supportive country to Gaga after all...

And only 2 dates around Tokyo ?

They are so many artists in Japan who do some stadium tour with very complex lightings and stage set, so I guess a lot of them will be disappointed by the stage for this tour (though the show is good).

Archived