Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will TIHWD flop harder than G.U.Y. ?

Stef

Featured Posts

SpadesToStart

idk, it's Katy so it will probably reach the top 40 just due to radio support.

then again, it truly is a bad song and radio might be done with her because birthday underperformed

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luke78619

for those who dont realise:

Born this Way / Roar = SMASH HITS

Judas / Unconditionally = HUGE FLOP

The Edge of Glory / Dark Horse = promo single that became a real single and smashed
You and I / Birthday = cute song, did ok

Marry The Night / This Is How We Do = HUGE MASSIVE FLOP

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

VasilisVas

No.

G.U.Y was just as bad a single choice as TIHWD and the media hasn't completely turned on Katy quite yet.

Funny you should say that. All the little managers kept on saying how if it would be released a single it would slay the charts. Kind of the same way everyone is talking about Gypsy now. :creepflop:

Luke78619

Perry soon :derpga:

oh i see wut u did ther  :applause:

do you really think that videos make a very big difference in sales ? normally people buy a song because they like the song, not necessary the video.

actually, a lot of people decide if they like the song reflecting on the video. I think some peopelw ouldn't like DWUW if they all saw how "rapey" people think it is

WarriorPrince

omg :toofunny::dies:  Don't even compare BTW and PRISM eras please. BTW made a difference in the world, changed a lot of lifes, gave the wolrd one of the best pop records and well, it has sold 9M records, and PRISM has sold like 3.5M :toofunny:

7M*

You sound so defensive lol

Most of the things you said aren't even things that you can bring up without sounding embarassing.

for those who dont realise:

Born this Way / Roar = SMASH HITS

Judas / Unconditionally = HUGE FLOP

The Edge of Glory / Dark Horse = promo single that became a real single and smashed

You and I / Birthday = cute song, did ok

Marry The Night / This Is How We Do = HUGE MASSIVE FLOP

Unconditionally was not a HUGE FLOP. It just didn't go number one for 3 lifetimes. Judas wasn't a HUGE FLOP either. It still peaked in the top 10. You and I did way better than Birthday. Marry The Night wasn't a HUGE MASSIVE FLOP. It was an under-performance. The only real FLOP is G.U.Y. and you can't predict how This Is How We Do is going to do at this point. 

Luke78619

Unconditionally was not a HUGE FLOP. It just didn't go number one for 3 lifetimes. Judas wasn't a HUGE FLOP either. It still peaked in the top 10. You and I did way better than Birthday. Marry The Night wasn't a HUGE MASSIVE FLOP. It was an under-performance. The only real FLOP is G.U.Y. and you can't predict how This Is How We Do is going to do at this point. 

yeah, sorry bout writing HUGE FLOP. where I am, Unconditionally did flop but not as mad eas i made it sound, Judas did well..... changing "HUGE FLOP" to "did okay... did okay". i stand by what i said with Y&I and Birthday. Marry The Night did flop. Badly. There was quite a lot of promo from where i was and it still didn;t do well. Even reduced prices didnt help. I base my opinion of TIHWD based on its chart position now and how I think it will do, seeing as i dont really like the song :dead:

VersaceKing

yes  :manicure:

She doesn't deserve any success after what she said about her fans in this "Rolling Stone" interview. :crossed:

7M*

You sound so defensive lol

Most of the things you said aren't even things that you can bring up without sounding embarassing.

Actually, Born This Way has sold over 8,000,000 copies WW.

actually one of the few katy songs i like, but it has to flop so her annoying fans on twitter shut the **** up

VersaceKing

I hope, cause after what she said about her fans in this "Rolling Stone" interview - she doesn't deserve any other fan support from that day. It's so abusive and unfair towards the fans, that the artist that they adore won't risk it all for them in order to make new sounds to them and re-invent herself and her ideas. If she doesn't wiling to die for her work and fans - she doesn't deserve to have any fans.

Plus, This Is How We Flop's music video is a copy of other female popstars work:

katy-perry-this-is-how-we-do-video-copie

katy-perry-mariah-carey.jpg?width=1200&q

I would put it this way.

Born this Way (BB #1) / Roar (BB #1) = SMASH HITS !
Judas (BB #10) / Unconditionally (BB #14) = First glimpse of a slightly "underperforming" single of their career. (Even though earlier Katy single peaked at a low place, she wasn't that global at this time).
The Edge of Glory (BB #3) / Dark Horse (BB #1) = Promo single that became a real single and smashed.
You and I (BB #6) / Birthday (BB #17) = Cute song, did ok, though You and I did wonders in the USA.
Marry The Night (BB #29) / This Is How We Do = Underperforming single.

J e s s e

OMG her era is absurdly similar to the BTW era I can't even :rip:

Well duh :giggle:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

PicklePower

I would put it this way.

Born this Way / Roar = SMASH HITS !

Judas / Unconditionally = First glimpse of a slightly "underperforming" single of their career. 

The Edge of Glory / Dark Horse (BB #1) = Promo single that became a real single and smashed.

You and I (BB #6) / Birthday (BB #17) = Cute song, did ok, though You and I did wonders in the USA.

Marry The Night / This Is How We Do = Underperforming single.

Actually Katy's third single did pretty badly, it peaked at 29.

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

I would put it this way.

Born this Way (BB #1) / Roar (BB #1) = SMASH HITS !

Judas (BB #10) / Unconditionally (BB #14) = First glimpse of a slightly "underperforming" single of their career. 

The Edge of Glory (BB #3) / Dark Horse (BB #1) = Promo single that became a real single and smashed.

Marry The Night (BB #29) / This Is How We Do = Underperforming single.

However it is pretty much confirmed there will be a 6th single..

Her tour is strutting into mid 2015 so..

Archived