Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Katy Perry - "This Is How We Do"

LetsGetHigh

Featured Posts

heavyMetalGAGA

how do u feel about katy getting her nails done while saying "japanesey" lmao...

That is just ridiculous. Reminds me of this:

("You're so kawii and I wanna take you home to California with me") like she's some sort of pet or accessory. 

tumblr_mvlthsww1y1qcbwpgo2_250.jpg

kyary_katy_xiahpop-1.jpg

Or this:

Katy Perry was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel’s show Monday night and made some controversial statements.

It started it out pretty innocently.

“I am obsessed with Japanese people,†Perry said. “I love everything about them and they are so wonderful as human beings.â€

But then she took it up a notch.

“I’m so obsessed I want to skin you and wear you like Versace,†the pop star said referring to a Japanese person she said she was obsessed with.

:smh:  :smh:  :smh:  :smh:  :smh: 

ItsTommyBitch

This reminds me of like..

ARTPOP meets Kyary Pamyu Pamyu with a kiddie twist.

The video > the song imo

Edited by ASipOfVENUS
私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

The watermelon is back! Giving me One of the Boys teas, and a lot of Jessie J! Overall, it's a decent video that reflects the silliness of the song. Anyway, the single is rising on iTunes as expected, but I still doubt it could turn this single as a top 10 hit. 

OrphanBlack

Wow so many pages for this thread. I watched it and I must say I only watched it once like I do all of her videos and I won't watch it again like I do all of her videos. I don't know I feel indifferent towards her now. I used to despise her because she has all this success, such little talent and is an incredibly basic artist in my honest opinion, but now I just don't care. In the seven years that she's been around, from I Kissed A Girl to This Is How We Do, she has been digging herself a hole that is getting deeper and deeper with each single, album and video. What happened to videos like Waking Up in Vegas and Hot N Cold which we're both funny, tongue in cheek but also grown up enough for adults to enjoy? The humor in this is just tacky and immature (Jessica Thot? Really? :awkney:) Her artistic integrity is just going down the drain when she does things like this. I'm not saying there's a problem with her aesthetic, but it's so obvious she's doing everything for mass appeal and not for the sake of artistic integrity. Thinking of You, The One that Got Away and Unconditionally are all great so she can obviously do both serious and humorous really well but this is just a new low IMO. The imagery is so overused and nothing special. I mean pop art, surrealism and vintage fashion has been done so many times before with much better style and taste. Honestly, Pink has done everything Katy has done with much better style and taste without making music, albums, and videos that are so blatantly catered to the masses.

I just want Katy to make what she wants to make and stop caring about the charts and thinking that her artistry is validated by her performance on them and start thinking about what she wants to be remembered for as an artist, because right now she's becoming a joke. She doesn't realize that no one remembers number ones from 50-60 years ago, they remember the talent, the music, the videos, and the persona. Can anyone tell me how many number ones and which songs went number one by Aretha Franklin, Elvis, David Bowie, MJ, Madonna, Grace Jones, The Beetles, Queen, Rolling Stones, Carole King, Whitney, Mariah, Janet, etc? (Without looking it up?) Can Anyone name one song, video, album or trademark of one of these artist without looking it up? It's upsetting to me that Katy has made comments about how she likes that she has success on the charts, and doesn't want to give that up (paraphrasing from an interview of hers) because that tells me she doesn't have anything else of hers to her name that is one hundred percent hers to be remembered by. Guess what Katy, tons of artists have multiple number ones. It's nothing special. I'm not saying her time is up because she's only been in the game for seven years, but usually your reputation and expected growth as an artist is determined within your first few years/albums and Katy is only taken seriously as an artist by her fans. I know some people will say that maybe she doesn't want to be taken seriously, but in all honesty, no matter how serious your art is, whether you're Picasso or Jeff Koons, you want SOMEONE to take you seriously as an artist. I especially think it's important as a woman to want to be taken seriously as a female artist as women have been handed the short end of the stick in pretty much all professions especially the creative arts. Gaga is still living under constant scrutiny for her her inability to duplicate the creative/artistic/professional heights from 2009-2010 and will probably for the rest of her career. As for Katy I'll just say this: it's better to aim high and miss your mark than aim for mediocrity and hit every time.

Edited by OrphanBlack

That is just ridiculous. Reminds me of this:

("You're so kawii and I wanna take you home to California with me") like she's some sort of pet or accessory. 

tumblr_mvlthsww1y1qcbwpgo2_250.jpg

kyary_katy_xiahpop-1.jpg

Or this:

Katy Perry was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel’s show Monday night and made some controversial statements.

It started it out pretty innocently.

“I am obsessed with Japanese people,†Perry said. “I love everything about them and they are so wonderful as human beings.â€

But then she took it up a notch.

“I’m so obsessed I want to skin you and wear you like Versace,†the pop star said referring to a Japanese person she said she was obsessed with.

:smh:  :smh:  :smh:  :smh: 

Copying Gwen Stefani I see.

Reductive. :reductive:

Whispering

ARTPOP actually has more co-writer credits than PRISM. For less tracks.

]

The people listed on Gaga's songs are DJs and sound engineers, not co-writers. Gaga writes the large majority of her lyrics.

Edited by rarigoes

Awakened M

Wtf? The twerking ice cream cone at 1:40!  :lmao:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

Whispering

But she still cowrites songs just like gaga does. Prism is as much of Katy as ARTPOP is gaga. She wrote this song with two talented cowriters, and she's there for the creation of all of her lyrics. She decides what is used and what isn't in that aspect, and she brings in writers just like gaga. The only other writers on this song are the producers.

Gaga doesn't use professional song writers on her songs. Katy calls in song writers...people who write songs for a living. That is their trade. Gaga doesn't bring in or use these type of writers on her songs, like Katy does.

display name

lol cause Gaga gives credit where it's fue? She literally credits SOUND ENGINEERS

This.

Garibay even said that Gaga gave him and other writers credits just to show her appreciation to them, even when they did not write anything. I do not mean this in a hateful way to either Perry or her fans, but I highly doubt Perry writes nearly as much as Gaga does.

As far as the video is concerned, I am not fond of it.

Edited by Vamp

dark horse, roar and unconditionally don't look cheap at all lol

applause looks cheap

You sir need to re-evaluate your taste if you don't think roar and dark horse isn't cheap... Let alone tacky

ru forreal G.U.Y. was BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY ASPECT, B.Y.E.

Yes I am for real and I'm not the only one here who thinks so. The visuals were amazing, but the editing was poor.