Should ARTPOP have ACT II?

SlaeUrAnus

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should ARTPOP have a sequel?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

YES OF COURSE !

I need TEA, Brooklyn nights, PARTYNAUSEOUS, Red Flame, Onion Girl… on my iTunes library

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BloodyMJH

Yes.

Blah blah blah I don't give a **** about the sales of ARTPOP, the negativity, all of that bull****, I just want all the good music that was hyped and we didn't get yet. :legend:

ithinkweed

ARTPOP is my fav album and the sound, the visuals are just perfect. It deserves a sequel with a nicely handled era.

The concept, the music, and the tour are so brilliant.  It deserves a sequel.  The people interested in charts, ratings, awards, and sales won't agree, but I'm her for the art Gaga creates.

AMEN 

LibraLove

The concept, the music, and the tour are so brilliant.  It deserves a sequel.  The people interested in charts, ratings, awards, and sales won't agree, but I'm her for the art Gaga creates.

THIS THIS THIS!!

Yes, but I don't think it should be an entire new album. A nice little EP as a "surprise" or something would be way worth it, since a) She even talked about wanting to put C2C first and b) I mean really, the ones who would care are the fans so just sorta dropping an EP would be nice as it would sell moderately well and she wouldn't have to worry about everyone and their sister dragging her since she would only be doing it for the fans (I'm thinking keep promo a minimum).

HausOfGuy

yes and no. i wish she would release the "act 2" songs without them having anything to do with ARTPOP. Call it something else, everyone is over ARTPOP and no one gets it, its time to move on 100%

I really want a sequel to ARTPOP. In fact, I just want new music. Gettin' real thirsty for that tea  :tea:

don’t you know my a** is famous

XoXoJoanneGaga

We all are sis, wanting a new concept instead of a sequel doesn't mean you're a chart-fiend lol. Why would you want such a diverse artist to repeat herself instead of doing something totally fresh and unexpected? 

Ronk

We all are sis, wanting a new concept instead of a sequel doesn't mean you're a chart-fiend lol. Why would you want such a diverse artist to repeat herself instead of doing something totally fresh and unexpected? 

A sequel would have all new songs anyway, I don't look at it as Gaga repeating herself.  I love the idea of another era and album based on art even if the public isn't there for it.  There is plenty of art in the entire ARTPOP era, the music being only a part of it.  It's refreshing that someone is willing to sacrifice so much to put out music purely for sake of the art of music with little regard to commercial consequences.  That takes courage and a strong commitment to vision.  I don't care if the album is called "ACT II", but I am here for the steadfast, unapologetic artist.

On the other hand, it can be argued that Gaga always has been ARTPOP.  I believe that ... all of her eras are artistic.  But somehow with ARTPOP, art is front and center, and I like that idea.

I live outside the space time continuum.

hookerfreak

I'm not sure if it should be called ACT II, but I'd be here for another album linked to ARTPOP and made up of songs that didn't make the cut for the first installation.
I'm more excited to see Gaga execute the album promo and campaign exactly how she wants, so personally I'd see it as another chance to give ARTPOP the platform it deserves.

eifulien

YES, YES AND YES!!! A sequel should happen! I desperately need more of ARTPOP.

I am sure that there are left unheard jewels from Gaga for at least a 8-10-song album. I couldnt't believe when I found out she recorded 90! songs for ARTPOP. I mean how EXACTLY do you pick 15 out of 90...  :excited2: Besides, she has said that this ARTPOP has the commercial songs and she would like to put a second act with more experimental stuff (a la Swine Aura ARTPOP etc.maybe? )  :giveup:

Archived