Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HIT FX Talks about VMAS and Gaga

GagaisHotAF

Featured Posts

Benji

This is the biggest mess I've seen here for a long time

tumblr_mm9bebHJKc1qcgl1no1_500.gif

1. The VMAs are about entertainment. Gaga has delivered great videos this past year but sadly due to the onslaught of bad press, reviews etc it's pretty clear she wouldn't have been rolling in awards.

2. You can't be pissed at people for discussing charts then all get upset over her not being nominated, she's had a bumpy era, let it go children. 

3. If you think something is too negative or bothers you, report it instead of being nasty to each other because you actually look worse than someone saying one off the cuff remark about Gaga.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suddenly the VMAs are ****. They were **** when she was winning, and they are **** now. Stop being hypocrites.

This tbh. She was hot and the "it" pop girl. She's not anymore.

She's lady ****ing gaga. 

VforVendetta

Let's face it. Gaga was honoured by them back in 2009-11 not because her music videos were epic. It was just because she was insanely famous and could draw ratings. The VMAs have always been about hits and success, never for actual videos. It was just that Gaga was successful as well as was making epic videos. She was a perfect combination of Art and Pop. Her recent videos are divine but she isn't the 'It Girl' anymore. But I have profound love and respect for her - not because she's been successful, but because her creations connect so well to my mind and she is the best and most talented entertainer for me. :applause:

So true words.

It sucks when she's not nominated.

It's the best when she is nominated.

We play the same tune every year when it comes to Award Shows that show their support for her or not. :smh:

So true.  :fail:  Little Monsters are the first to bash MTV but when it comes to brag for their fave they all go like "she won thousands of VMAs back in 2010!" :smh:

RBNLM

the VMA's are nothing to be excited about...Even when gaga won a lot and got a lot of nominations was only for her popularity.

blahblahblahhhh

Suddenly the VMAs are ****. They were **** when she was winning, and they are **** now. Stop being hypocrites.

Exactly :smh:

The Beliebers, Directionners, Little Monsters won't be watching 3 of the biggest fanbases were snubbed, so the views will drop mark my words.

5SOS will pick up the Directioner viewership, other than that they'll be slightly lower than last years unless they whip out some comebacks like Rihrih or something.

I see Sia winning VOTY and her doing some statement to become the 2014 'moment' like award shows so desperately want. Other than that the show so far seems like an easy pass (not even considering the Gaga factor). 

Stefani328

I'm surprised none of their reality shows were nominated for VMA's considering how MTV hasn't done anything "music video" related in the past 10 years. Regardless of whether Gaga was nominated or not, or even attending, the show was still spiraling downhill to the point where it's almost unbearable to watch as an award show. 

No lies told  :tea:  :tea:  :tea:

angelduuh

I don't get why you complain. This is based in charts and popularity. It doesn't matters if they are good or not, they only nominated the most popular videos.

freebit

the VMA's are nothing to be excited about...Even when gaga won a lot and got a lot of nominations was only for her popularity.

MTE. The VMAs have always been questionable. Britney winning her first VMA for Piece of Me tells you all you need to know.

I used to really be into award shows until I got older and noticed that they're mostly political. Plus the self-congratulatory and high school nature of them is incredibly obnoxious most of the time.

Also before the typical idiots crying "OMG HYPOCRITE!!1!": I've never cared for the VMAs much even during 2009 & 2010. I didn't even watch the Paparazzi performance live. My annoyance at her snub is more geared toward how much work went into Applause & G.U.Y., and the fact that MTV seemed to go out of their way to snub her. Like, Turn Down for What being nominated for Best Art Direction. :wtf: Wake Me Up and Talk Dirty nominated for Best Pop Video...just lol. Also I like Lorde, but Royals is such a blah video. You can't tell me that it deserved a nod over Applause or G.U.Y. It's just another example of how the media seems to have turned their back on her and refuses to throw her a bone even when the work is actually good. It's typical, but disappointing nonetheless.

Saeed

I'm surprised not to see the lush, grotesque "G.U.Y." anywhere among the nominees, but I'm sure Gaga will be back next year with more poppy art.

No... no more.... :flop:

elijahfan

VMA are a joke. Nominating only big hit songs rather than videos. Not nominating the biggest video project of this year, GUY, was a crime

And Fancy getting lots of nominations? :wtf: Problem being nominated for the video of they year? :wtf:

It's MTV..... They don't care about the actual quality of the videos. They want their ratings, so they're focusing on what's working on the charts.

Archived