Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HIT FX Talks about VMAS and Gaga

GagaisHotAF

Featured Posts

Arturo

the VMA's are about quantity not quality. If the song was a big hit, it'll get a nomination regardless of how good the video is

Then why was Applause not nominated when a bunch of other songs that sold less than it have...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I wonder myself if the members in here are really Gaga fans...

🌹 free britney 🌹

XoXoJoanneGaga

The VMA's are for manufactured artists. 

The only artist I want to win at this years ceremony is Sia. 

Were they for manufactured artists when Gaga swept 4 years ago?

so do you think that her bad romances awards were a joke?

Lucky they were that Bad Romance was a huge hit. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thriller of our generation wouldn't be nominated if it flopped back then like GUY

XoXoJoanneGaga

It's really not a big deal, there's only 5 slots per category, and this wasn't Gaga's year. There's plenty of great videos released every year, they can't nominate the same artists every year just because of how big they are. It's not like Gaga's videos this year were that stellar like they were in the years she won anyway, so it's whatever. She'll be nominated in future years when it's her time again.

VforVendetta

Then why was Applause not nominated when a bunch of other songs that sold less than it have...

You took this from my mouth. There is no excuse for them, quantity ot quality Applause deserved the nominations. Its just that the fate of Gaga for this Era has been decided my the media a long time ago.

IWannaBeThatGUY

So does Gaga in MTN  :hehe:

another video that didn't deserve a nomination tbh

rivingtonrebels

It's all political and it's not surprising.  Gaga is clearly pulling away from being a traditional US pop star.  Or at least right now it seems that way with the drop off in promo for ARTPOP and Cheek to Cheek coming up.

The negativity about Gaga in this thread is disgusting though, just because she isn't winning awards at the VMAs this year she's a loser now to some of you?

boomsheekie

Ughh how is she ever going to come back if they keep advertising her as a flop and making this whole thing overdramatic.

You took this from my mouth. There is no excuse for them, quantity ot quality Applause deserved the nominations. Its just that the fate of Gaga for this Era has been decided my the media a long time ago.

This my God. Everybody just attacks her, how can she succeed through that? Totally giving me everyone hates Britney teas.

There are a lot of members here who aren't....:MANiCURE:

Ladey Gagz

2009 - 8.97m viewers - Gaga performed one of the most iconic performances in VMA history

2010 - 11.40m viewers - Gaga took the music world by storm. Gathered 8 awards and the infamous meat dress.

2011 - 12.40m viewers - Gaga performed as alter-ego Joe Calderone and was part of the tribute for Britney.

2012 - 6.13m viewers - Low ratings because no Gaga.

2013 - 10.1m viewers - Because Gaga returns

2014 is going to be a flop. Trust me. 

not with 5sos being popular this year :sharon: and 2012 wasn't entirely because of gaga

Brooke Hoegan

I'm pretty sure she'll get another VMA nomination before her career's over...

preety sure they didn't mean "getting another nomination" and I kinda agree...

Monster2015

Lolol me everytime I come here.

Ladey Gagz

The Dark Horse being nominated makes no sense. I mean for god sacks she eats Cheetos in the video... 

Oh sorry I didn't know eating Cheetos in a video made it horrible. If you're gonna call out Katy for her videos, at least give good arguments :sharon:

So you consider 1 irrelevant item of her MV and saying that therefore, her whole video sucks

Many could imply that, going by your logic, because Gaga put 2 seconds of Minecraft in G.U.Y., the whole video sucks when really it's a masterpiece even considering those 2 little seconds

A damn mess

Katy Perry won with Firework. Need I say more? It was successful, but clearly, she's not THAT talented. Now pls sit down, it's just hipocrisy.

You mean singing talent? Because videos don't take vocal talent in consideration :huh:

LStephens11

I kinda lost it for the VMAs when Britney Spears won Video of the Year in 2007 or 2008... that is such a horrible video, really.

And even when Gaga was scalping basics with Bad Romance and setting records the VMAs were still a floppy show so that's that.

PaperIz

VMA are a joke. Nominating only big hit songs rather than videos. Not nominating the biggest video project of this year, GUY, was a crime

And Fancy getting lots of nominations? :wtf: Problem being nominated for the video of they year? :wtf:

I will admit it's all about the songs not the videos like when P!nk's "Just Give Me a Reason" was nominated last year instead of "Try" when the latter is a superior video (and song imo) but the former was more popular.

Archived