Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HIT FX Talks about VMAS and Gaga

GagaisHotAF

Featured Posts

the VMA's are about quantity not quality. If the song was a big hit, it'll get a nomination regardless of how good the video is

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

2009 - 8.97m viewers - Gaga performed one of the most iconic performances in VMA history

2010 - 11.40m viewers - Gaga took the music world by storm. Gathered 8 awards and the infamous meat dress.

2011 - 12.40m viewers - Gaga performed as alter-ego Joe Calderone and was part of the tribute for Britney.

2012 - 6.13m viewers - Low ratings because no Gaga.

2013 - 10.1m viewers - Because Gaga returns

2014 is going to be a flop. Trust me. 

In my messy era.

Allison M

You guys praise the VMA when she is winning, and now with no nominations the show is ****?

Yeah, the show has seen a bit of a downfall but it's still a good show if they do it right.

I thought we all knew it was based on popularity? Gaga wasn't popular this time around in their opinion.

Applause should have been nominated. It was a good video and a popular song. GUY definitely should havebeen nomineesif they wanted to stay true to music videos rather than popularity, but it doesn't work that way. But it's MTV's issue. They will see a large drop in ratings tbh

Stefani328

What I find funny about this situation is, I'm on another music forum and these people don't even like Gaga but they even think she was snubbed. They also think the VMAS are a popularity contest and haven't been great since the early 2000's. So we aren't the only ones.

IWannaBeThatGUY

The VMA's isn't about if the song was a hit or not. It's called the Video Music Awards for a reason... not the Hit Single Awards

It's made for well-done videos from outstanding or over the top artists.

The Dark Horse being nominated makes no sense. I mean for god sacks she eats Cheetos in the video... 

Stefani328

You guys praise the VMA when she is winning, and now with no nominations the show is ****?

Yeah, the show has seem a bit of a downfall but it's still a good award show.

I thought we all knew it was based on popularity? Gaga wasn't popular this time around.

Applause should have been nominated, but in the end it's MTV's issue. They will see a large drop in ratings tbh

The VMAS haven't been great since 2003. When I do watch it, it's for Gaga. I watch her performance and then I find something else to watch. I can't sit through the bad performances and predictable wins. It isn't interesting anymore. I feel the same way about other award shows (Oscars, Grammys, Billboard, & AMAs).

SlaeUrAnus

The Dark Horse being nominated makes no sense. I mean for god sacks she eats Cheetos in the video... 

So does Gaga in MTN  :hehe:

In my messy era.

vespertine

VMA are a joke. Nominating only big hit songs rather than videos. Not nominating the biggest video project of this year, GUY, was a crime

And Fancy getting lots of nominations? :wtf: Problem being nominated for the video of they year? :wtf:

:trootea:

amenART

2009 - 8.97m viewers - Gaga performed one of the most iconic performances in VMA history

2010 - 11.40m viewers - Gaga took the music world by storm. Gathered 8 awards and the infamous meat dress.

2011 - 12.40m viewers - Gaga performed as alter-ego Joe Calderone and was part of the tribute for Britney.

you preach sis

Allison M

The VMAS haven't been great since 2003. When I do watch it, it's for Gaga. I watch her performance and then I find something else to watch. I can't sit through the bad performances and predictable wins. It isn't interesting anymore. I feel the same way about other award shows (Oscars, Grammys, Billboard, & AMAs).

I'm the same way. But people can't be like, "OMG WELL GAGA HAS 456787332 VMAS. MUCH AWARDS SUCH HONORS"

And then be like, "Well it's a **** award show." The moment she doesn't get nominated.

And all music award shows have always been predictable.

Robinladen

in 2012 they were on a thursday because of arena problems and literally no one interesting showed up besides rihanna. let's not act like these numbers are only based on if gaga is there or not.

MJHolland

VMA are a joke. Nominating only big hit songs rather than videos. Not nominating the biggest video project of this year, GUY, was a crime

And Fancy getting lots of nominations? :wtf:Problem being nominated for the video of they year? :wtf:

Case and point

The VMAs can eat Gaga's a**

Archived