💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why ARTPOP was a success

Ronlop

Featured Posts

Quark

I feel you may have thought about this too much

No because what he said is exactly what ARTPOP was is about.

ARTPOP was not a success. It's a failure, but she can recover from it if she plays her cards right. She's talented enough to.

It wasn't a failure.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Really? she claimed that all of her ARTPOP work had been rushed and turned out not the way she wanted it to be, except for G.U.Y (maybe, who knows?)...

When did she claim that? :huh:

Her success isn't measured in sales. That is not what Gaga defines as HER vision of success. Success to her is being happy, creating great music, and sharing that WITH HER FANS, NOT the general public.

The only failure here is flop fans and chartmonsters :ohwell::later:

No one mentioned sales, general interest is what they're talking about, creating impact on pop culture with the album and the era is what they defined as success and face it, there hasn't seemed to be much of it. ARTPOP succeeded in several ways but also didn't do too well in others.

The true failure is fans not being able to understand and discuss with each other their interests and reflections of the ARTPOP era without bashing each other.

doseofamnesia. tumblr. com

micahmassacre

I have to bow down to Gaga for this album. It was risky, but the concept is very creative and isn't just some bubblegum pop album. She isn't here to please the critics, but she's here to entertain her fans and give them something different. 

and she has a voice that slays your faves sooooo :coffee:  :hor:  :kissga:

Jjang

When did she claim that? :huh:

*Applause music video - she said they didn't give her proper time

*Applause performances - her label made her perform even though she was technically still recovering from her surgery, making her scratch her original ideas.

*Do What U Want - she's obviously unhappy about it.

RBNLM

ARTPOP is lyrically a confession of her deepest thought resulted from his injury conceptually it's the description of her whole carrer and the koons sculpture says it all. Gaga is not an icon she's every icon, that's beacause she's is the summary of pop culture. Every time she create something new she incorporates popular culture in her ( pop culture was in art now art's in pop culture in me ) she does get pregnant but it and then finally give birth to a new vision to it giving a new life for her purpouse. That's what she does since TFM. She's a POP surrealist. ARTPOP isn't the ART ARTPOP is an instruction book to celebrate her career.

dali-lobster.jpg

Lady-Gagas-Lobster-Hat.jpg

410318631_700.png

5799120_orig.jpg

No. I don't care about the charts. I just think ARTPOP is garbage compared to her past work.

You're wrong by a lot :awkney:

VforVendetta

Applause music video - she said they didn't give her proper time

Applause performances - her label made her perform even though she was technically still recovering from her surgery, making her scratch her original ideas.

Do What U Want - she's obviously unhappy about it.

Two songs is =/= than the whole album though + half of these are speculations.

Guys, everyone here creates scenarios depending on what de believes or likes. ARTPOP was not a commercial hit, definitely. It wasn't a commercial flop as well though, regardless of our big expectations. Now putting that aside, the album has left many people happy and many others unhappy, like most albums. If the Era was just a commercial success, you wouldn't listen many complains. I mean, the whole thing is a Deja Vu. BTW was a big success but because it wasn't as big as the fans expected it to be the album received all the hate in the world. TFM would have received the same hate as well if it wasn't that successful and didn't sustain the success of TF. Let's not forget that many didn't react well to the change from TF to TFM as well and there are still people in TF videos that write comments like "we miss the old Gaga''. It was the success that didn't leave place for people to complain. As for the Era, it was arguably a mess, too many mistakes, still this has nothing to do with the quality of the music.

Teriyaking

Two songs is =/= than the whole album though + half of these are speculations.

Guys, everyone here creates scenarios depending on what de believes or likes. ARTPOP was not a commercial hit, definitely. It wasn't a commercial flop as well though, regardless of our big expectations. Now putting that aside, the album has left many people happy and many others unhappy, like most albums. If the Era was just a commercial success, you wouldn't listen many complains. I mean, the whole thing is a Deja Vu. BTW was a big success but because it wasn't as big as the fans expected it to be the album received all the hate in the world. TFM would have received the same hate as well if it wasn't that successful and didn't sustain the success of TF. Let's not forget that many didn't react well to the change from TF to TFM as well and there sre still people in TF videos that wrote comments like "we miss the old Gaga''. It was the success that didn't leave place for people to complain. As for the Era, it was arguably a mess, too many mistakes, still this has nothing to do with the quality of the music.

AGREED!

Quark

i still think BTW is closer to gaga's music vision than ARTPOP

Gaga's music vision changes with every album.

MJHolland

wow so ARTPOP DONATELLA IS A MASTERPIECE..I WANNA DRESS U UP IN SIILLK TAFETTA

:smh: Jewels N' Drugs fashion mancure dope donatella are fillers ure just to delusional 

Dope went top ten and MANiCURE is a fan favorite. Sit down girl. 

Archived