Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why ARTPOP was a success

Ronlop

Featured Posts

Houdini

God... Can't ARTPOP just be enjoyed for once instead of bashed. I agree with you OP but most of these fans are "fans" and they only care for the charts. Is all.

ARTPOP was conceptually a success.

don't forget she got a huge fan base by hitting the charts

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

more mature ? seriously ? this is a compilation of teen lyrics, there's nothing mature on it. BTW was mature

THIS IS COmING FROM A MADONNA STAN! SCREAMING! :lmao:

don't forget she got a huge fan base by hitting the charts

That was when she had to be commercially successful. Now she can be a free artist. If you don't like new Gaga then leave. Simple as that tbh.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Houdini

THIS IS COmING FROM A MADONNA STAN! SCREAMING! :lmao:

WE ARE TALkING ABoUT GAGA NOW MADOnNA IS ANOTHeR THING  :lmao:

somebody here doesn't know madonna's discography

Tropico

*Sigh*

It wasn't a universal success like some of you think that the word "success" must mean :awkney:

But it was a success to those who cared to see it. I think she knew that the Concept was kind of Deep for the average listener or even average fan. I respect her for embodying an idea that means a lot to her, regardless of whether the people were here for it or not.

There is a slight disconnect between the Music and the Concept, but its ok because not every lyric has to reflect a concept for it to be considered effective. I also think some of the songs that made the final cut are not as "ARTPOP" as some that were put on the back burner, but the music is just a part of the entire thing.

I personally love this kind of idea. "My ARTPOP could mean anything" is such a brilliant line. It has the haters saying its "just a cop out for an underdeveloped theme" and the GP thinking the same. But its pretty literal. Its liberating.

Conceptually, BTW has more of an emotional impact on me, but I still like ARTPOP more. And yes, she has been doing ARTPOP her entire career, I mean she even mentioned it before in an interview or two :giveup: So in that way this is just a celebration of ARTPOP, i dont think her goal was to make young kids and teens and young adults sit down and think about "Art". I mean even in that situation most people don't see all the forms of what Art can be, so itd be useless to set out on that specific a goal but ofc, she did have to reference the most obvious form of Art. Things like Paintings and Performance Art and making her body a canvas are a part of that, so she did make reference of them in her clothing and performances accordingly. It just kinda bothers me when people are so 2 dimensional that they look at an album called ARTPOP and say "wheres the art? I hear Pop music with a little EDM influence".

Some people are so blind to the idea its frustrating...

But I digress..

♪ We could, We could Belong together. ARTPOP iWLy4yi4j0t8u.gif♪

THE BEST post. :applause:

I agree with every word. Every single word. :legend:

Houdini

That was when she had to be commercially successful. Now she can be a free artist. If you don't like new Gaga then leave. Simple as that tbh.

why should i leave if i don't like her recent work ? i like the artist, i like her previous album and i can't wait to see her future work.

chien-guide-aveugle.jpg

this is for you, you seem a bit blind

Tropico

L-U-V these messy threads about ARTPOP

p2KjHI4.jpg

Look who came to comment... Again. :roll: He has a real problem tbh. :lmao:

Sugarfall

Look who came to comment... Again. :roll: He has a real problem tbh. :lmao:

ikr

p2KjHI4.jpg

Well everyone has to vent out steam, whatever floats his boat

wQiGLhZ.gif

Tropico

why should i leave if i don't like her recent work ? i like the artist, i like her previous album and i can't wait to see her future work.

chien-guide-aveugle.jpg

this is for you, you seem a bit blind

I meant leave and then come back when you are happy with her music... Or should I say when she's #1 on billboard again? :usrs:

No point in spreading negativity and stuff.

Gov Hooka

not because you like AP over TFM that it's the absolute truth

and leave holy out of this

Holly is the best Dance Mom :manicure:

Tropico

ikr

p2KjHI4.jpg

Well everyone has to vent out steam, whatever floats his boat

wQiGLhZ.gif

I wanna vent too but my WP's just expired and I don't wanna go back to that place in my life again.

wQiGLhZ.gif

RBNLM

Nooooooooooo

For an album to be successful it needs to have great music. Gaga delivered. I MUUUCCCHHH rather have her make an album as great as ARTPOP and have fake-fans say it flopped than have her bend to your vision of "success" and make a radio-friendly bubblegum pop album like Prism just to sell mechanical industrialized pop music for children.

rant over good day  :later:

:applause:

Archived