Why ARTPOP was a success

Ronlop

Featured Posts

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

Nooooooooooo

For an album to be successful it needs to have great music. Gaga delivered. I MUUUCCCHHH rather have her make an album as great as ARTPOP and have fake-fans say it flopped than have her bend to your vision of "success" and make a radio-friendly bubblegum pop album like Prism just to sell mechanical industrialized pop music for children.

rant over good day  :later:

All of your posts I've been seeing, I agree with. It's such a shame we don't get along. :tea:

Except Gaga does care about the charts also. :ohwell:

Dunk96

Nooooooooooo

For an album to be successful it needs to have great music. Gaga delivered. I MUUUCCCHHH rather have her make an album as great as ARTPOP and have fake-fans say it flopped than have her bend to your vision of "success" and make a radio-friendly bubblegum pop album like Prism just to sell mechanical industrialized pop music for children.

rant over good day  :later:

Essence

This era really was great in so many ways, apart from being messy.

At times, her true vision really shined through.

Jjang

You don't need to be a chart hungry fan to acknowledge that this era has let most of us down, including Gaga.

Neptune

Really? she claimed that all of her ARTPOP work had been rushed and turned out not the way she wanted it to be, except for G.U.Y (maybe, who knows?)...

Its a success because she wore a few 'ARTPOP' dresses around London? that's why?

She failed to deliver the idea to the mainstream world, to the masses, its ARTPOP, pop stands for popular which we all know how that turned out to be :ohwell:

Plus, she said that the BTWB was chapter one in her career, and next thing you know her next era is a homage to her past career, to me it looks like she ran out of concepts.

We actually do. Applause was a top 10 hit for weeks. DWUW did very good given the fact that it basically had no promo and video. GUY was a late single to end the Era, so that doesn't count.

No, it looks like she's trying to please her spoiled fans. She always does this and she ends up getting **** for it. "I miss the old Gaga" -> she pays homage to her old looks -> "This is so boring, we've seen this".

Neptune

You don't need to be a chart hungry fan to acknowledge that this era has let most of us down, including Gaga.

I actually agree with you on this. The execution failed halfway the Era, and that was a shame, because the album had a few hits left.

MJHolland

:awkney: dont be delusional u know she isnt happy with this era either she wasnt free neough this era it was all forced APPLAUSE  was forced she wanted more music like aura (partynauseous and more rave songs) and she ended up with Jewels N' Drugs and fashion :awkney:

Swine, Venus, GUY, MANiCURE, Donatella, DWUW, Dope, etc.

The album was extremely explorative like Aura.

Because clearly she's soooo satisfied with a rushed material and a flop ass app that she had high expectations for.

And clearly she believed the album will smash.

"I believe in this album more than anything we've done in the last 5 years"

"every song has been designed to be a hit"

or even worse, retweeting tweets telling the little monsters to break the iTunes record when Applause was released.

or "I'm an albums artist" in comparison to Katy Perry, and didn't Prism double ARTPOP's sales?

Receipts. She even said to Howard Stern how she purposefully wrote songs like ARTPOP (song) to NOT be a hit. She said that she wanted ARTPOP (song) to be a slow burning song that grows on you because when a song is written to "be a hit" it has a peak and dies out after that which she didn't want to be associated with the eternal message of ARTPOP.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Yea, I don't see why some fans come at others for criticizing the era when Gaga herself made it very clear how much she disliked the era. She said the videos and single releases were rushed and that she was mismanaged and incredibly depressed. 

Jjang

Receipts. She even said to Howard Stern how she purposefully wrote songs like ARTPOP (song) to NOT be a hit. She said that she wanted ARTPOP (song) to be a slow burning song that grows on you because when a song is written to "be a hit" it has a peak and dies out after that which she didn't want to be associated with the eternal message of ARTPOP.

*It was before the album dropped, a radio interview, when she said that Sexxx Dreams and Applause were battling for the 1st single status, she had short brunette hair.

*I don't remember whats the name of the interview, but she DID say that.

Yanko

:lmao:  k  g.u.y dwuw swine (its album version is bad tho) donatella (horrible lyrics tho) are explosive but they are nothing like aura 

(dont get me wrong i love dwuw s-xxx dreams g.u.y) but applause was generic MANiCURE was not like aura fashion Jewels N' Drugs gypsy.... how can u deny that most of ARTPOP was forced? (it is my second fav album tho)

Houdini

No. I don't care about the charts. I just think ARTPOP is garbage compared to her past work.

i kinda agree with it. i don't listen to ARTPOP since a while. i'm very into BTW now

ARTPOP is missing that gaga touch 

XoXoJoanneGaga

http://www.ktu.com/player/?mid=23602805

4:40

"All the songs were designed to be hits. All the songs were designed to be radio friendly"

Yanko

It was before the album dropped, a radio interview, when she said that Sexxx Dreams and Applause were battling for the 1st single status, she had short brunette hair.

I don't remember whats the name of the interview, but she DID say that.

she was wearing that black thing with golden necklace with black sunglasses when she said every song was designed to be a hit and i agree interscope forced her she wanted songs like partynauseus and aura 

Archived