Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Ariana Grande confirms Sam & Cat axing

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Azor Ahai

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2691799/Ariana-Grande-hit-TV-Sam-Cat-cancelled-Nickelodeon-just-one-season-amid-rumours-rift-star-Jennette-McCurdy.html

EDIT: Just saw the the post about what Ariana said but now it's official from Nickelodeon as well (Sorry for the Ap :( )

Ariana Grande's TV show Sam & Cat has been cancelled after just one season, despite being a ratings hit.
Nickelodeon announced that the comedy series, which stars Ariana as Cat Valentine and Jennette McCurdy as Sam Puckett, would end with its last produced episode 'Getting Wiggy' which airs on July 17.
'Nickelodeon will not be producing more episodes of Sam & Cat,' the network said in a statement. 'We are very proud of the show and its very talented cast and we wish them all the best.'

The cancellation comes following rumours of a rift between the co-stars and friends, with Jennette unfollowing Ariana on Twitter and not appearing at the Kid's Choice Awards back in March due to 'issues' she had with Nickelodeon, according to Deadline.
'I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me,' Jennette tweeted following her non-appearance at the show, despite being nominated for Favourite Actress.
'I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing. I want to thank those of you who have reached out with kind words of support, McCurdians and Arianators alike. No matter who or what you support, I believe in supporting fairness first.'

Indeed, Ariana omitted to mention her co-star in a lengthy post on social media about the end of the show.
'I want to thank Nickelodeon for making a childhood dream of mine come true, for being a family to me, for being so accommodating and supportive of my multitasking with my music career, and for of course introducing me to many of my fans however many years ago,' she wrote.
'I will always hold Cat near and dear to my heart and appreciate her help in my personal growth from teenager to adult. I know she seems like a simple, daft character (and she is) but she played such a huge part in my life.'

The spin-off show, which teamed up Jennette's Sam from hit iCarly and Cat from Victorious to run an after-school babysitting business, was a huge hit for the children's network, with its initial episode order of 20 doubled to 40.
However, as the show grew in success, Ariana was forced to take to Twitter to deny she was receiving a bigger salary than her co-star.
'Jennette and I agreed upfront that we would be treated equally on this show in all regards (as we should be, considering we each work just as hard as the other on this show),' she wrote in April.
'The rumors circulating about our contracts and our salary not being equal are absolutely ridiculous and false. I don't know who's putting these idiotic quotes out there but I thought I'd straighten it out and try to end this nonsense.'

Finally.

I honestly saw the difference in personality before she released The Way. She was Cat essentially. Now she's just unenthusiastic Ariana.

JaggedMonster

It wasn't that good anyways :giggle:

Plus her music career is taking off i though she would have the time now

It's okay Nickelodean are already hiring really pretty young girls. We can watch them be fun right?! I hope there's a typical dumb one and a really pretty one because being pretty is a must for girls. I just hope they don't grow into overly self loving hoe bags. Pfft that'll never happen thought. It never does

who cares. this show sucked from day one, and the character of cat was ruined since victorious season 2.

OMG. I thought I was the only one who thought so! Glad someone agrees.

Gov Hooka

who cares. this show sucked from day one, and the character of cat was ruined since victorious season 2.

Tropico

I liked the show. It was so fun and stuff. :cry:

I'm glad to see she actually had a connection to the character. :emo:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Justin Drew Bieber

It was an amazing show and anyone that denies it go back and watch your cruddy Disney channel.. So sad it's going :(

OrphanBlack

What an amazingly articulate and very sincere letter. I really like Ariana. She's got a good head on her shoulders. I don't know what is going on between her and The McCurdy girl but it's good that Ariana is moving on with her music career as it's clearly what she wants to focus on. As far as the show, it was terrible. Zoey 101 remains the best teen show that Nickelodeon has produced and is its fourth best series ever after Avatar, Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents. Even iCarly and the one episode of Victorious I saw we're not as bad as this show. Glad she's moving on.

Archived