💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

TMZ did not air the full DWUW video

Petrichor

Featured Posts

she didn't want to release it back in December because she didn't like the final cut and was too sad about the whole situation, not because it was too controversial. It would be hypocritical to release it now just because someone has leaked parts of it (which is not her intention) and to get the views and money. Do you think because of this leak now she will be happy to let the video out all of a sudden?

I still don't get what she was sad about? Like people leaving her and stuff she sais but it seems so unclear and I think ther is other reason.

Pain of fame1

I just want the video. I though TMZ was going to release it last night. What happened? Are we ever going to get it in full?

DanceInTheDark

Are we ever going to get it in full?

No

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

I just want the video. I though TMZ was going to release it last night. What happened? Are we ever going to get it in full?

Leaking just snippets is safer for them.

Dangerous Man

I really want this vid so badly. :giveup:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Shaney

Yeah - but the publics reaction to her [through the internet] has never been flattering. They're just faceless people - the haters voices are the loudest because they are the ones who care the most, regualr people just view it and move on.

thank you.

People here don't realize that if this was ever released, she would have gained so much from streaming points and could have made DWUW reach much higher positions on the charts, and ultimately helped album sales overall. The song is among, if not the best song on ARTPOP, and not having benefited from a mv killed both the single and the album :cry:

Edited by alffy74

Cody Draco

People here don't realize that if this was ever released, she would have gained so much from streaming points and could have made DWUW reach much higher positions on the charts, and ultimately helped album sales overall. The song is among, if not the best song on ARTPOP, and not having benefited from a mv killed both the single and the album :cry:

Yes. She sacrificed Venus for DWUW and then killed DWUW which killed the album. Triple betrayal. :spin:

Edited by codydraco

BricksNStrings

I think a lot of people, fans especially, are not understanding that Gaga's intentions were not to trivialize rape, but to make a commentary about agency over one's body - as a woman, as a public figure, as a symbol of s-xuality to be devoured. I think R Kelly and Terry were chosen for this very reason. The video was, if anything, the exact OPPOSITE of an endorsement of rape. Saying it is would be like saying Marry the Night is an endorsement of whatever happened to her there, or that Swine is. Gaga probably was not happy with how the intentions of the video came across....or, she was, and this is a very clever way of garnering more publicity for this performance art piece she's pulling off. Either way, Gaga either was attempting to make a statement and decided not to because it was too likely to be misunderstood, or she is attempting to make a statement and risking being misunderstood. The former is probably wiser but the second is braver, and I can't fault her for either. I will say I don't think she's an idiot, and I think fans saying she didn't (at any point) understand the possible ramifications are underestimating both her intelligence and her ethics as an artist.

I think a lot of people, fans especially, are not understanding that Gaga's intentions were not to trivialize rape, but to make a commentary about agency over one's body - as a woman, as a public figure, as a symbol of s-xuality to be devoured. I think R Kelly and Terry were chosen for this very reason. The video was, if anything, the exact OPPOSITE of an endorsement of rape. Saying it is would be like saying Marry the Night is an endorsement of whatever happened to her there, or that Swine is. Gaga probably was not happy with how the intentions of the video came across....or, she was, and this is a very clever way of garnering more publicity for this performance art piece she's pulling off. Either way, Gaga either was attempting to make a statement and decided not to because it was too likely to be misunderstood, or she is attempting to make a statement and risking being misunderstood. The former is probably wiser but the second is braver, and I can't fault her for either. I will say I don't think she's an idiot, and I think fans saying she didn't (at any point) understand the possible ramifications are underestimating both her intelligence and her ethics as an artist.

:worship:  Thank you! I agree 100%.

Bloody Matt

Slay sis

good point