💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Best Gaga album theme?

Bambino

97 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Gaga album theme?

• The Fame: feeling like a celebrity
    • The Fame Monster: fear of fame
    • Born This Way: equality/be yourself
    • ARTPOP:... anything (:awkney:)

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Computer

The Fame because she wrote about being famous when she wasn't.  And then voila she became famous.

It's just completely magical.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

aaronyoji

Bamb, you could try harder with the AP description lol. I mean, it's prob her most blatantly autobiographical and self-reflective work.

I think BTW has the strongest overall theme. Looking strictly at the music for TFM, the suggested theme by Gaga (fear of celebrity) don't hold up as well imho. But with BTW, the message is extremely clear and permeates through pretty much every track.

tru dis. i really dont buy the whole fame monster conceptuality to be honest. it seems like her song explanations came afterwards when she was promoing the songs instead of being the initial idea to some of them. monster, alejandro, bad romance, some of them fit well into a cohesive theme of s-xual fear, but then the other half is just sort of whatevs. 

even the fame i feel embodies its supposed theme much better, even though its kinda my least favorite album. 

heavyMetalGAGA

I was listening to her Howard Stern interview the other night and she was explaining why she doesn't write with a team. She mentioned the main reason is because the result sounds contrived. 

Taking this into consideration, I really believe Born This Way and ARTPOP contain the most content that is closest to her heart & and the result shows it. I listen to these two records the most I think because I feel like I'm truly listening to Gaga, not some faux "fame" persona she tried for the first few albums (even though I really like those as well).

EDIT: And of course there are exceptions on the first two records (such as 'Speechless'). 

Interludicrous

TFM because its the only album that doesnt scream "HEY GUISE LOOK AT ME AND MY FANCY CONCEPT LOOK IM CONCEPTUAL", and yet it still executes its concept flawlessly. It seems effortless.

I like the others too though :)

I am still stuck in the Fame Era.

I wish there was a part 2 for The Fame. 

Including...

Blueberry Kisses" 
"Dirty Ice Cream" 
"Fooled Me Again"
"Glitter and Grease" 
"Funky Beat"
"Kandy Life"
"Musicland" 
"Oh Well" 
"Love Sick Girl" 
"Reel Cool"
"Retros-xual" 
"Rockshow" 
"Shake Your Kitty" 
"Sexy Ugly" 
"Wonderful"

The Fame Returns would be so epic in my opinion. It would be like the good ole gaga back in 2008.

Archived