Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What does Gaga truly need now?

Saint Laurent

Featured Posts

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPchamp

Someone said Gaga should take a break. She did take a break, from Spring 2012 to Summer 2013. I realize that it wasn't technically a real break because she was resting her hip and recording new music but it was a break from performing, promoting herself, etc.

But also, I wonder if Gaga ever takes a true break from music? No writing, no recording, no working at all? Maybe just taking time away from it all, just spending time with Taylor is what she needs? Maybe 6 months to a year, a break from everything including Monsters, then sit down and write new music with fresh eyes and fresh ears; a creative reawakening? A creative rebirth?

And also taking a dig at Madeon? That's lame. Madeon worked on GYPSY and MARY JANE HOLLAND, two songs that have gotten incredible praise from both Monsters and critics. Madeon also helped Gaga create the bass line for VENUS, my personal favorite song from the album and in my opinion, the best track from the album. Madeon had the least to do with ARTPOP. Zedd is the one who basically pulled Gaga in the direction of an EDM album. And also, DJWS produced most of ARTPOP, he certainly isn't 17. AND Monsters are the ones who said Gaga needed to work with DJWS again after GOVERNMENT HOOKER and BLACK JESUS.

ARTPOPchamp

In my opinion, Gaga's most exciting and amazing track she's ever done is DANCE IN THE DARK. I'd love Gaga and Fernando Garibay to work together again. I feel RedOne's expired his production ability on J.Lo.

hoodrat

Maybe fusing two genres of music again like superpop and dance like she did with THE FAME MONSTER, or maybe do something completely unexpected, like an album of all piano ballads or acoustics like DOPE or even a country album.

Something no one expects is what I feel can launch Gaga back into global domination.

I think making an album with more stripped-down tracks would be exactly what the media would like, even if many fans would be opposed to it. 

Since the very beginning, the media has been obsessed with understanding who Gaga is "underneath all of the make-up and clothes," and I think the same idea applies to her music. SO many people always say "Gaga is so talented and her voice is beautiful, but I hate the electronic garbage on top of it!" (I don't agree, but I constantly see comments like this on videos of her piano performances.)

I'd personally love an album of stripped down music...but the meltdowns on GGD would be legendary. I think it'd be cool if she did a double album with fully produced AND acoustic versions of songs, just so people could pick. She probably wouldn't though...I doubt she'd want people to compare them.

HORRORHOLIC

She needs her fans to stop thinking they know what she should do. She's the artist, they are the audience. If the audience knew what they needed, they'd be the artist.

This. But I do think she should take a break after the tour before working on her next album (if she isn't already)

I think making an album with more stripped-down tracks would be exactly what the media would like, even if many fans would be opposed to it. 

I'm all for that. It would probably be her best album

LaLuna

Somebody's a little mad. 

Mad? No. Annoyed? Yes, definitely.

Maybe I shouldn't have used such harsh words, but what I meant to say was, I just wish people in this fanbase would stop assuming they know what's best for Gaga's career. She's gonna make mistakes, some people might even argue that the entire ARTPOP era was a mistake, but I don't think she'd be true to herself if she constantly catered to her fans' every whim.

giskardsb

In order to have and maintain success you need to have firstly great ****ing songs, WHICH HAVE A TARGET MARKET

This is the attitude of someone producing a product, not an artist.

RetroPhysico

Fans who don't watch her every move and looking for miniscule mistakes then make a thread in GGD to overreact/meltdown about it.

Even MOAR artistic freedom, bring dat era filled of Swine-at-SXSW moments :gaga:

XoXoJoanneGaga

confidence

This is the only correct answer

All she needs is to be confident and fearless, and the strength to perform at her best. All these answers that she needs better fans are silly, as long as she's putting out great music she'll always have lots of fans, both "good" and "bad" (of course there's no such thing as a bad fan  :toofunny: ). The fans have nothing to do with the music she puts out, and that's all that matters. 20 years from now when people look back on her all that's left with be the music and the videos, nothing else matters, you guys get too caught up in petty drama.

Ikvs

She needs her fans to stop thinking they know what she should do. She's the artist, they are the audience. If the audience knew what they needed, they'd be the artist.

Ronk

This.

dTrS8H8.jpg

You got me laughing, fisherman.  I like that.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived