💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do people on GGD or in general drag ARTPOP?

GagaUnderYou

Featured Posts

HarryTheNight

i love it to death and still enoy it but Btw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AP. like if i had to pick one i'd pick BTW, i still see a lot of potential in it though and it upsets me that it wasn't appreciated by the GP, but i think a lot of that is due to the DWYW situation and blackouts etc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Celina

There are some criticisms that I can understand, and there are some that just puzzle me. "Dragging" is never okay for something that means so much to Gaga + represents all her hard work, though, at least in my eyes... 

It seems like a lot of people might be disappointed by the lack of organization and changes in the era so far, and even I find myself thinking "what if ___ had gone as planned" at times. Things happen, plans have to change - I totally understand that. I personally think the ARTPOP that we have (the album and the era) is great, despite all the changes that Gaga + her team had to work with. I think we should take that into account and at least show some respect for their work if/when criticizing.

Now, those who say that there's no art on ARTPOP don't make sense to me. There is always thought behind her work, no matter the subject, and it's presented in an interesting, creative way. Besides, music itself is an art, and on top of that we should all know by now that Gaga is into the visuals in addition to that. I think what a lot of people don't realize is that "ARTPOP" can describe what she has been doing for years now. Maybe they were expecting something completely different, when that was never the point, at least based on what she has said and done. :shrug:

I really think it's underrated by a lot of people tbh. Not necessarily the music since that's subjective, but everything else - the work that went into it, the art (or at least its presence), etc.

Even if it started good, the ARTPOP era, not really the album, is a dissapointment until now and while commercially it cant be consider a flop, the numbers cant hide its underperformance. 

And ARTPOP is doing rather well! [:shrug:]

It just went out of Billboard 200 and its doing well? :dies:

ThisGuyTony

The music in ARTPOP is pop music at its best. It's just that people are kind of over the whole dance/electropop thing and got tired of the album really fast. And there's also the "art" thing which cannot be found anywhere near the album.

Basically. ^^^

It's a great dance album but it didn't live up to expectations... For me at least. :sweat:

ithinkweed

ARTPOP is my favorite album, its just that the era was handled really badly...

Wolf

Gaga keeps getting better and better each album. ARTPOP > BTW > TFM > TF

Throw all the media/charts/reviews away. Let people say whatever they want, but don't let them affect your opinion on quality music.

If you want chart success, go stan for the others. Gaga doesn't just do charts.

GypsyPrince

Because people are so insecure about themselves they daren't embrace Gaga like they used to back in 2010 when she was "slaying".

I think it always happens people used to love something until someone makes a bad comment about it.

It happened with me with Maleficent, I loved it when I first watched it and then I read reviews then boom.

Nonetheless, it's a great album :party:

The content of a review is there to stimulate your experience. Of course it can change your opinion, but it should do that by opening your senses and ideas to the problems that the album or the movie has, but that you couldnt see or hear because you were consuming popcorn, you were on a date or whatever.

Morphine Prince

Honestly people on this site loved ARTPOP until the bad reviews started emerging and people let their opinions be shaped by the media.

Yes.

EDM times are over

Lower sales that fantastic BTW sales (general decline in sales recently for everyone)

Totally different music once again

Lack of major hits on album (lots of very decent songs, very consistent)

I love ARTPOP, and don't care how much it sells, because my other faves dream to have the same sales as Gaga :spin: as long as I enjoy the music, it is all good to me :spin:

Rolodex of Hate

I honeatly feel like the album became too old too quickly.

This

We have no legal choice but to stan

Knife

Every new album is best/better than insert-previous-album-title-here when it first comes out to most people, and then the rose-colored glasses come off and you see it for what it really was.

To me, the most damning thing about ARTPOP is that it promised so much and delivered so little.

If you want chart success, go stan for the others. Gaga doesn't just do charts.

Is it coincidental this notion started to become prevalent only after Gaga stopped seeing chart success? :awkney:

Chinosky

The content of a review is there to stimulate your experience. Of course it can change your opinion, but it should do that by opening your senses and ideas to the problems that the album or the movie has, but that you couldnt see or hear because you were consuming popcorn, you were on a date or whatever.

I stand corrected :applause:

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

Archived