šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Your best memory/appearance/perforamce of ARTPOP-era

Bat

Featured Posts

blacklistedd

This. This so much.

The era became to complicated and messy after this :noparty: it kind of fell apart

Ā 

My theory is that she started rebelling against the notion that she "should" or "had" to go so minimal/clean. i.e. creative rebellion, troy carter and her parting ways. I mean look at SXSW and the looks for the ARTrave or even swinefest, that was like the total opposite of what they said the intent was going to be visually for this era/record.

Ā 

I on one hand respect the almost punk sort of attitude in regards to not wanting to be what anyone wants her to be (and before anyone starts cringing at my use of the term punk and lady gaga in relation to eachother im using the term VERY VERY VERY loosely here) but really im kind of just like stop already and create and exist from the heart and not from your head. Stop trying to be perceived certain ways and just exist and be perceived how you will. Because regardless of what she says you don't get vomited on and wear dreads to not be perceived a certain way. Im tired of the blatant strategies. Just be organic. Make something cool without having to constantly try and validate and explain yourself. Validation comes naturally, you can't force it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

The iTunes festival. WOW.

SXSW. WTF and WOW

The "Applause" and "GUY" videos. YES.

But my favorite memory was listening to the album for the first time. My car, several good friends, two joints, and no particular destination. Spent an hour driving and grooving and humming. No b---hing, no "flop" talk, no ill-conceived comparisons. Just friends enjoying the gift that the Queen had given us. I'll never forget that night.

That sounds so amazing. What was it like seeing Swine performed? I remember seeing that on the livestream and my jaw dropped and I was literally in shock because the song and performance were unlike anything she'd done before. I still get chills whenever I watch it. It must've been so much fun to watch live.

Ā 

It was very intense, but actually a little disappointing. I camped out the night before and all everyone had spoken about was how we were going to be covered in paint, as Gaga had mentioned the paint zone and to bring protective clothing. My friends and I went as Pierrot clowns so that we could wear white gowns to enjoy the paint without ruining our clothes. Then when no paint was actually sprayed in the audience, we all felt a little disappointed afterwards. But the song itself was amazing live - as we were leaving, I overheard lots of people talking about how Swine slayed and would be the next single.

Slayer

The iTunes festival. WOW.

SXSW. WTF and WOW

The "Applause" and "GUY" videos. YES.

But my favorite memory was listening to the album for the first time. My car, several good friends, two joints, and no particular destination. Spent an hour driving and grooving and humming. No b---hing, no "flop" talk, no ill-conceived comparisons. Just friends enjoying the gift that the Queen had given us. I'll never forget that night.

Ā 

I wish I had friends who were Gaga fans so I could enjoy it with them.Ā  :giveup:

Ā 

It was very intense, but actually a little disappointing. I camped out the night before and all everyone had spoken about was how we were going to be covered in paint, as Gaga had mentioned the paint zone and to bring protective clothing. My friends and I went as Pierrot clowns so that we could wear white gowns to enjoy the paint without ruining our clothes. Then when no paint was actually sprayed in the audience, we all felt a little disappointed afterwards. But the song itself was amazing live - as we were leaving, I overheard lots of people talking about how Swine slayed and would be the next single.

Ā 

It's a shame there wasn't sprayed paint, but I guess they put a stop to it for health and safety issues. Glad you enjoyed the performance. It looked so much fun. The Aura performance looked amazing too.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canŹ¹t look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

blacklistedd

Ā 

Lots of people as in little monsters? Because Swine would be an awful single and im pretty sure the only people that even like it are like hardcore fans.

djBuffoon

Lots of people as in little monsters? Because Swine would be an awful single and im pretty sure the only people that even like it are like hardcore fans.

I can tell you from experience, that is incorrect.

HANZ

I think it was THE best. She really killed it. Every single performance was just electric. I remember thinking at the time that it would be one of those things I would always remember about her in years to come. It was an iconic show and definitely my best memory of the era.Ā 

yeah, she was on fire, the artrave should have more of it tbh

Ā 

I literally want to her to use the same wig and outfit for the performances of s-xxx dreams and aura and MANiCURE :worship2:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Omegahedron

The iTunes festival. I was in London that day with my friend waiting at the Langham. There was massive anticipation. We were all so happy and it was a beautiful day, and a beautiful performance.

Ā 

To pick one song from the show, ARTPOP blew me away.

Judas Oyster

The SXSW 2014 interview and the The Culture Show interview rly

Ā 

Other than that hmmm... Maybe the first Aura performance? simply because of her wearing burqa on a performance.

I also liked MTV (?) DWUW performance ft. R.Kelly.

Ā 

And the G.U.Y. video ofc.

blacklistedd

I can tell you from experience, that is incorrect.

Ā 

:what: idk man, I don't mean to generalize and say as if its fact that literally only people that are fans like swine. I just think swine would not predominantly get a positive response from people that aren't fans.

Omegahedron

The really clean minimal aesthetic the era started out with was perfect. I dislike that she strayed so far from it shortly after.

Ā 

Yeah I would agree with this sentiment.

Ā 

Not that I didn't enjoy the Applause video, or the fun that Venus brought, but I was looking forward to seeing Gaga playing it straight; let the music sing without the bells and whistles - perhaps if only to make a statement about her music, the album and the philosophy of ARTPOP.

djBuffoon

:what: idk man, I don't mean to generalize and say as if its fact that literally only people that are fans like swine. I just think swine would not predominantly get a positive response from people that aren't fans.

Ya never know. It would sound fantastic on the radio, and I think it would show people a different,

more raw side of her.

But it's not going to happen, so it's a moot point lol

blacklistedd

Ya never know. It would sound fantastic on the radio, and I think it would show people a different,

more raw side of her.

But it's not going to happen, so it's a moot point lol

Ā 

I passionately disagree with this statement because I straight up think the song is awful. In my opinion its hands down one of the worst Lady Gaga songs shes released on an official album.

djBuffoon

I passionately disagree with this statement because I straight up think the song is awful. In my opinion its hands down one of the worst Lady Gaga songs shes released on an official album.

And I totally disagree with that, so we're even. lol

Archived