💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE doesn't match ARTPOP.

Skins

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95

Have we seen the show yet? 

ARTPOP is a dance album from start to finish. Not everything needs a storyline, and majority of people who went to the show loved it.

I get the no art thing but in itself, artrave is a major party that I would be stoked to attend again.

:applause:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

THIS 1000000x. finally someone with some common sense

:hug:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Have we seen the show yet? 

ARTPOP is a dance album from start to finish. Not everything needs a storyline, and majority of people who went to the show loved it.

I get the no art thing but in itself, artrave is a major party that I would be stoked to attend again.

Disagree. J&D/Fashion/MJH are not dance songs tbh.

somechick

Disagree. J&D/Fashion/MJH are not dance songs tbh.

All three are more so dance songs than Dope. lmao

All three are more so dance songs than Dope. lmao

I wasn't including that one because she's not preforming it.

Mama Ru

I get what you mean. I love the stage design and the general feel of the show, but I feel like it needs to be filled in a bit with some more interesting fashions, tech, art references, etc.

Don't get me wrong. It's a great show. But it's the first time any of her tour shows has felt like a concert rather than something that transcends that. Maybe that's what she wants and that's fine. It's still a great show. It's just less interesting than her previous shows imo but that could easily be changed if there were more standout details.

I always think of these Aura lyrics (along with the ARTPOP lyrics) as the manifesto of the album: dance, s-x, art, pop, tech. The show has dance, s-x, and pop, but I'd love for her to add in a bit more art and tech.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

blacklistedd

I'm going to say this: I don't think artRave matches what she wanted ARTPOP to be about, but I think that artRave matches the music perfectly. Does that make any sense? I don't think the music was ever the correct vehicle for the artistic message she was attempting to put forward. To me, it was like trying to pin broccoli on a cat. They just didn't go together! The art she wanted to do and the music she made didn't go together. The artRave and the music go together so well. So yeah, I wish we could've seen more of a classical art theme, but I think the tour aesthetic is perfect for the music, and I'm happy with that. I do wish that there was a storyline though. I always loved that.

I agree with all of this ^

Although I will say that I don't think that this |v| japanese/dread/rave outfit relates to anything Lady Gaga.

10177313_10152050325836080_1852115072208

Other than this very blatant standout look, I think the rest of the show fits the music and content of the record.

I think we know ARTPOP isn't what Gaga first wanted for ARTPOP. I think this time around she was really pressured by the label to release certain songs and a certain album. With the track listing delay (even though she claims it was the decision between MJH and BN) and the DWUW video situation I think we have enough to say they pressured her. I mean look at some unreleased songs we know about! The concepts are truly amazing! Onion Girl's title! Tinittus' meaning of ringing in the ear, PARTYNAUSEOUS, Sire, TEA! She wrote come crazy amazing songs that are probably the futuristic 2050 complextro electronic masterpieces Gaga and the producers spoke about so often before ARTPOP's announcement! I think a lot of changes were made from March to June 2013. It went from "this album is a futuristic rave party from 2050 that will knock your d*** in the dirt" to "it's all about the art, f*** the industry!" I think the label pressured her and p***ed her off putting her in a "f*** everything" mindset. That's who "betrayed" her late last year and early this year. They told her "No Gaga you can't do that" too many times. I think this has been the problem since post-DWUW. Now she's refusing to do promo cause she's still bitter towards the label. I think with the new people on her team like Bobby, who she knew prior to managing her, she will get back in the game this year and next year. I think it all goes back to the label.

So yeah, artRave or any of ARTPOP doesn't really match the initial hype+concept Gaga meant for.

Wow, been a long time since I've seen such a good post around here!

HORRORHOLIC

The story lines were kind of contrived and IMO didn't add anything to the shows anyway.

The story lines added theatrics. I don't care so much if it has a story line but the theatrics will be missed (by me anyway) The lights look really cool but the show itself isn't very different from other concerts. I guess with all the other performances she did leading up to the actual tour, some people thought it was gonna be a different kind of show. 

somechick

I wasn't including that one because she's not preforming it.

She doesn't really perform JND either though. It's just an iterlude. :noparty:

blacklistedd

I think we know ARTPOP isn't what Gaga first wanted for ARTPOP. I think this time around she was really pressured by the label to release certain songs and a certain album. With the track listing delay (even though she claims it was the decision between MJH and BN) and the DWUW video situation I think we have enough to say they pressured her. I mean look at some unreleased songs we know about! The concepts are truly amazing! Onion Girl's title! Tinittus' meaning of ringing in the ear, PARTYNAUSEOUS, Sire, TEA! She wrote come crazy amazing songs that are probably the futuristic 2050 complextro electronic masterpieces Gaga and the producers spoke about so often before ARTPOP's announcement! I think a lot of changes were made from March to June 2013. It went from "this album is a futuristic rave party from 2050 that will knock your d*** in the dirt" to "it's all about the art, f*** the industry!" I think the label pressured her and p***ed her off putting her in a "f*** everything" mindset. That's who "betrayed" her late last year and early this year. They told her "No Gaga you can't do that" too many times. I think this has been the problem since post-DWUW. Now she's refusing to do promo cause she's still bitter towards the label. I think with the new people on her team like Bobby, who she knew prior to managing her, she will get back in the game this year and next year. I think it all goes back to the label.

So yeah, artRave or any of ARTPOP doesn't really match the initial hype+concept Gaga meant for.

I like your enthusiasm about Gaga and your hopefulness however not to rain on your parade but I think Onion Girl and TEA are both really lame titles especially for what they seem to reference, I don't think PARTYNASEUOUS is anything to write home about and in fact her vocals in it are a little...., Sire sounds like a Michael Jackson fan cheesefest that I have no interest in partaking in, I mean to assume any of these are masterpieces is a bit of a stretch imo and in fact Brooklyn Nights is a pretty good song but its not really better than anything we got on the album and it straight up sounds like a throwback to her unreleased music from like 2010 (Changing Skies) which is why I think some people like it so much. Its old Gaga.

Idk. I agree though that ARTPOP is probably not as out there as she really wanted it to be but hypothetically if she didnt have as much freedom and then it were given to her would she really have delivered something that much better? Im really not sure. Because the whole concept of ARTPOP the album in the first place really wasn't that invigorating in my opinion. Its very open ended and to me showed how self conscious shes become considering shes been very vocal about how much the media lashings and fame negativity has affected her. It shown through in the concept for the record, it showed through in some of the music, it showed through in her execution. She was very in her head for awhile and I think shes still in the process of getting out of it. Hopefully the next album contains the drastic change in approach she really needed for this record.

Slayer

It's not the lack of storyline that puts me off, it's the lack of any big moments. The Monster Ball had the giant angler fish and the silhouette opening. The BTW Ball had the unicorn and the meat grinder and other theatrics. I don't really understand why Gaga's veered away from those big, iconic moments that define a tour. Was she purposefully trying to keep it low-key so this era falls off people's radars? Was she out of money? Or time? Or ideas? I know she said "it's just a big rave party", but there's got to be more to it than that. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Karandr

So many people lying to themselves. Tragic!

I haven't been to the artrave yet, but I'm not gonna lie, it seems a little flat in comparison to the other tours. I really wish Gaga would incorporate some kind of narrative or more theatrical aspects. I don't need to be dancing for an hour and forty five minutes straight! I don't really want a non stop rave -- since when have any of Gaga's albums been like that?

I actually feel like this is really out of character for Gaga. I don't think this tour matches the album strongly, because (and I think it's a valid point) where's the art? The music is pop, through and through, so where does Gaga bring artistic merit into the equation?

All that said, I'm going, and I'm excited to see her, but I'm kind of hoping she'll change it up a bit by the time she comes to Australia (the forgotten land)

blacklistedd

On a sidenote, why can't Gaga just have a tour that exists? Why do you guys have to make everything into something thats supposed to be iconic? I mean shes on tour for the record on a tour that fits the record for an era that didn't deliver what everyone wanted for the most part anyway. Enjoy the fact that shes on tour at all and let that be that. She could've pulled a Christina and just not gone on tour at all for this record considering how this album was perceived.

Besides, yeah this tour doesn't have some enormous castle or monster but I mean so what? Lol neither did The Fame Ball. Thing is this tour isn't that bad and the storylines for the previous tour didn't even make sense anyway. Just let this exist. Its fine enough and the album was just fine enough. They match.

Schwerk

I think she wants to stress the point that she's in this for the music, not the bling.

After the whole mess this era, she wants the audience to see a real concert, straight up, just Gaga performing her ass off, no distractions. She's a true live artist and that is what this tour shows. Plus it's a breath of fresh air she prob needs. Good old fun. The art will manifest itself again in other ways.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived