Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE doesn't match ARTPOP.

Skins

Featured Posts

I have never been into Pop music except Gaga (considering Bey is R&B and Adele is soul). I'm so happy this album is more EDM and the tour have more F good lightning from the beginning to the end. Even though I firstly tought ARTPOP will be more Classic and less EDM but I am okay with everything because I loved it anyway.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

We just have to agree, she has no idea what she is doing anymore

But who cares the music is mostly good, and she doesn't perform Dope so I'm happy

LittleBoot

I've found this whole era to be too disjointed for my tastes, that said, when it comes to these things I have to respect her creative choices -- I really do love the rave theme, though. I actually would have loved to have seen that earlier on and in the AP album. 

djBuffoon

I don't think there was ever a concrete concept or theme to ARTPOP. The themes to me have been change, love, partying, s-x, and loving your passion, and I believe that all of those things are represented quite well in the show.

But to this day, people remain unsatisfied with the ARTPOP era because there was no central theme, but that's the way it's supposed to be. There's nothing concrete about ARTPOP because it's all about the possibilities, it could be anything, etc. She's told us that from the beginning. The only central message is spreading love, which is a constant message through her albums simply because that's who she as a person always promotes and stands by.

In short, there was no central concept or message of ARTPOP besides that and the tour remains true to that. She's done what she wanted and created what she wanted over the course of this whole era no matter what anyone else said. She created the tour exactly how she wanted to, and it's now her piece of art to show to the world. Bam. ARTPOP.

Exactly. No storyline could possibly add more to the experience, in my opinion. If anything, it would put the album in a constricting box, and this album in particular doesn't warrant that. It's about finding yourself in the music, not being explicitly told what context the songs should be put in.

Gagz

The tour is amazing, and when I was there I wasn't even thinking about where the art was. I doubt anybody was tbh. Music is an art though, and Gaga is an artist, so...to say there is no art is a bit untrue.

Ronk
Not everything needs a storyline, and majority of people who went to the show loved it.

This.  And if the artRAVE stage isn't art, I don't know what is.  And the costumes ... the colors.  The show itself is art.

It's too bad fans look only at the music and not everything else.

I live outside the space time continuum.

hughdancy

I'm going to say this: I don't think artRave matches what she wanted ARTPOP to be about, but I think that artRave matches the music perfectly. Does that make any sense? I don't think the music was ever the correct vehicle for the artistic message she was attempting to put forward. To me, it was like trying to pin broccoli on a cat. They just didn't go together! The art she wanted to do and the music she made didn't go together. The artRave and the music go together so well. So yeah, I wish we could've seen more of a classical art theme, but I think the tour aesthetic is perfect for the music, and I'm happy with that. I do wish that there was a storyline though. I always loved that.

Agreed

giskardsb

Unlike all her previous tours, there is no storyline. That is what separated Gaga from the rest of the pop stars. She doesn't showcase any of the inventions.. etc.

The story lines were kind of contrived and IMO didn't add anything to the shows anyway. She can do a storlyline when she does a full on concept album IMO.  

Battle 4 Ur Life

I'm too tired to argue w this right now, but go ahead and remain unsatisfied

THIS  :later:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

destructivelove

It's called artRAVE not artMUSEUM. :awkney:

it still has the word "art" in it sis.... :awkney: she should have just called it the popRave cause that's about all it is...a great pop artist concert

destructivelove

I think we know ARTPOP isn't what Gaga first wanted for ARTPOP. I think this time around she was really pressured by the label to release certain songs and a certain album. With the track listing delay (even though she claims it was the decision between MJH and BN) and the DWUW video situation I think we have enough to say they pressured her. I mean look at some unreleased songs we know about! The concepts are truly amazing! Onion Girl's title! Tinittus' meaning of ringing in the ear, PARTYNAUSEOUS, Sire, TEA! She wrote come crazy amazing songs that are probably the futuristic 2050 complextro electronic masterpieces Gaga and the producers spoke about so often before ARTPOP's announcement! I think a lot of changes were made from March to June 2013. It went from "this album is a futuristic rave party from 2050 that will knock your d*** in the dirt" to "it's all about the art, f*** the industry!" I think the label pressured her and p***ed her off putting her in a "f*** everything" mindset. That's who "betrayed" her late last year and early this year. They told her "No Gaga you can't do that" too many times. I think this has been the problem since post-DWUW. Now she's refusing to do promo cause she's still bitter towards the label. I think with the new people on her team like Bobby, who she knew prior to managing her, she will get back in the game this year and next year. I think it all goes back to the label.

So yeah, artRave or any of ARTPOP doesn't really match the initial hype+concept Gaga meant for.

THIS 1000000x. finally someone with some common sense

Archived