💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Basic Instinct Appreciation Thread

tokyodisko

Featured Posts

tokyodisko

That is like saving the best for last :laughga:

Good on you tbh! :golfclap:

:lana: I went on an erotic thriller movie binge earlier this year after seeing Nurse. lol Basic Instinct was definitely the best.  :gaga:

tokyodisko

But better  :coffee:

I wouldn't say that would be hard.  :teehee:

What happens when she opens her legs? :emma:

VAGINA EVERYWHERE, basically.

Is that real? :udidnt: I've seen that gif before but someone put Neyde's face in between her legs :huh:

Very real. lol

MonsterMum

Is that real? :udidnt: I've seen that gif before but someone put Neyde's face in between her legs :huh:

It's real, she was without knickers for the shooting, it's a beaver shot lol

TimisaMonster

I agree... bad doesn't begin to cover it. lol I saw the sequel first, but then went back to watch the first and was very surprised. 

You should fix that. 

My life isn't broken from not seeing it so..:derpga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

tokyodisko

My life isn't broken from not seeing it so.. :derpga:

You wouldn't know unless you see it.  :ohwell:

instinto-basico.gif

I looove it. It's very well made and Sharon Stone was amazing, but because of the leg cross scene, people act like the movie was trash. smh.

I would love for Gaga to base a persona/fashion for an album from Stone's character in the movie.

I've said the very same thing about Gaga..... if they remade this movie, i could easily see Gaga redoing catherine tramell :nooo:

tokyodisko

I've said the very same thing about Gaga..... if they remade this movie, i could easily see Gaga redoing catherine tramell :nooo:

I really hope they don't remake it! lol But if they did, I think Gaga would sell it well. Gaga should write a track from Catherine's perspective. Bad Romance 2.0 tbh. 

It's funny, I watched it yesterday (after this thread reminded me that it was on my looong list of classics to watch) waiting to be slayed and it left me really disappointed. I didn't like it and I can't really seem to understand why.

It's very weird because I'm usually pretty rational and can explain my likes and dislikes precisely but something really threw me off here. Maybe I don't like thrillers enough, especially erotic thrillers, but I thought it was quite bad. I kept thinking it was trying to be a Hitchcock, a mix of Vertigo's style of narration with a Rear Widow style plot twist, mixed with a Stephen King story.

Firstly, I think the music was misused, it was trying a little too hard to bring a certain ambiance to the movie, it felt out of place and too present most of the time.

I also didn't think Sharon Stone was that good tbh. I'm not sure Catherine is empowered by s-x as much as she sees it being her only power to control men. I thought she was trying a little bit too hard to be that femme fatale/using s-x as weapon/not being intimidated by men character. It looked a little forced to me; in the interrogation scene, the way she says "f*ck" is like the way a good kid says his first naughty words, and not like someone who is truthfully naughty/uses it often.

To me, Jeanne Tripplehorn (Beth) looked like a much stronger woman than Catherine. From her very first scene she struck me as the stand-out female character, her face had much more... impact than Sharon's.

I also think the depth of character in any of the men was inexistant. I mean, Michael Douglas' character had absolutely no dimension, he had a story but nothing was made of it really. He didn't drink for three months but once he starts again, he has absolutely no reaction apart from a 2sec empty look to his glass?? He tried to be ealthier but once he went back to smoking and drinking, it didn't change his behaviour at all and it doesn't make sense. It tried to have a symbolic but it got lost.

His shooting of those tourists should have left him a little haunted and tormented, his psychiatric follow-up seem to confirm that but I really didn't buy that, neither in Douglas' portrayal of Nick nor on the character's behaviour really.

Now that I think of it, I guess all the characters didn't seem passionate or consistant enough. You know their back stories but the reasons behind their past actions are not explained and they don't seem to have an influence on their present selves.

I don't know, maybe I'm too gay to appreciate it but it didn't do anything for me and I had to force myself to finish it. The fact that it was so damn hetero oriented (almost misogynistic) definitely was a turn off for me, but still I usually can appreciate a movie even if I don't like it. I wish they would have focused more on sensuality rather than blatant beaver shots and straight-men-fantasies lesbian kisses.

The story was good though, a bit cliché but interesting. It could have been a much better movie with a little character work and nuances here and there.

inuborg

Basic Instinct is iconic tho :legend:

NSFW

0_22a13_e10f2635_-2-L.gif

I'm trying to understand what's going on in this gif

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

MonsterMum

I'm trying to understand what's going on in this gif

The beaver says hello

Valextra

How it is possible that people don't know this movie  :sick:

By the way it's one of the most iconic movie of 90's and Sharon is amazing :legend:

Archived