Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How will "Applause" be remembered?

Slade

133 members have voted

1. 1. How will "Applause" be remembered?

• As an iconic single (Bad Romance, Born This Way, Poker Face)
    • As a memorable hit (Alejandro, Telephone, Paparazzi)
    • It won't be remembered

Featured Posts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
high heeled fem

to me the song is iconic but sadly it won't be remembered that way.

SAME!! i think it will ;)

VforVendetta

It won't be remembered, i doubt Gaga will be remembered truly in 10/15 years time

:excuseme: I expect Gaga to still have an active career in 15 years. Also even if her career ended now she would still be remembered, she already had a lot of impact throughout her career.

Yepiz92

I like you finally someone smart

says the member who is only here because he has so many outtakes and the versace shoot oh how unique and exciting!

gagavsartpop

says the member who is only here because he has so many outtakes and the versace shoot oh how unique and exciting!

Lmao

ryhanna

Hmm… mildly memorable. Don't think it's up there with Poker Face or Bad Romance, and not quite on the level of Alejandro, Telephone and TEOG either.

timmomatic

It will turn out to be a classic club-banger. Play this at a gay club and watch everyone go crazy. 

Economy

I think fans will remember it as a memorable hit...

Ppl in general wont remember it tho. The somg was neither a smash ht nor as unique as some ppl like to pertend it is. The only unique thing about it is the lyrics and the music video. But the sound (which is what ppl remember the most) is quite ordinary

Im sorry its just my opinion that it wont be remembered. In 2-3 years no one will remember applause

Economy

I don't know if it's the same in the US, but here in Quebec, no one knows the lyrics, AT ALL.

"Applause applause applause... na na na na na na na, na na na na na na, na na na na na na na. na na na na"

tbh. Even here in Ontario where the song was a pretty decent hit, 90% of ppl don know more lyrics than just the "aplause applause applause, i live fire the applause plause, live for the applause..." Part

And fans are deluded to even considerig the possibility this song will be remembered :lmao:

Economy

Hmm memorable. But it is her biggest radio hit yet.

ppl gotta stop saying that.

More stations are sampled under the charts now and as a result u get larger AI and spins but it was NOT her biggest radio hit. Ur comparing apples and oranges

Saying applause was her biggest radio hit cuz it reached the highest AI number is like saying its hotter in the US with 80F cause in India its only 40C :rip:

The US has the higher number but India has the actual higher temperatures. But its a different method of measuring.

If the conditions of measuring the charts have changed and as a result songs get bigger numbers, u can make comparisons like that :shrug:

ppl gotta stop saying that.

More stations are sampled under the charts now and as a result u get larger AI and spins but it was NOT her biggest radio hit. Ur comparing apples and oranges

Saying applause was her biggest radio hit cuz it reached the highest AI number is like saying its hotter in the US with 80F cause in India its only 40C :rip:

The US has the higher number but India has the actual higher temperatures. But its a different method of measuring.

If the conditions of measuring the charts have changed and as a result songs get bigger numbers, u can make comparisons like that :shrug:

You just made a bunch of metaphors but didn't explain :usrs:

Weather or not that's the case she's still getting more spins than the rest of hers songs. Even the BTW era songs.

Archived