Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How will "Applause" be remembered?

Slade

133 members have voted

1. 1. How will "Applause" be remembered?

• As an iconic single (Bad Romance, Born This Way, Poker Face)
    • As a memorable hit (Alejandro, Telephone, Paparazzi)
    • It won't be remembered

Featured Posts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio

Ha biggest hit ever AFTER G.U.Y. :legend:

No but honestly, it'll be remembered as a nice, memorable Gaga hit.

tokyodisko

Eh, probably not all that memorable. It didn't smash or leave an impact on music. It came, it was heard, but it didn't conquer. 

People were trying to catch up to Gaga even during BTW, but now that everyone is on a level playing field it didn't set the bar higher, even if it was successful and a decent song. 

This is all in terms of a GP hit. It's not the Gaga song that will be played at weddings in 20 years. 

gagavsartpop

Just being honest Gaga won't have anymore hits in the future unless you're delusional like a lot of people on this forum. The GP got over her fast she is just a flash in the pan. We are the only ones who can support her.

GypsyPrince

I think Applause is on top together with her other singles like Paparazzi, but maybe not as iconic as BR / PF because of its commercial success.

Many people I know who aren't even Gaga fans or don't care about pop music know this song, and every time someone casually mentions the word "applause" in a conversation, people would go "applause, applause, applause". 

Hew else tbh? :legend:

tokyodisko

Just being honest Gaga won't have anymore hits in the future unless you're delusional like a lot of people on this forum. The GP got over her fast she is just a flash in the pan. We are the only ones who can support her.

Gaga is a product from Interscope. lol

She'll be back, but it'll piss creative rebellion and BTW fans off, because it will be too "basic" for them. 

GypsyPrince

And here we have a perfect example of an over-reacting little monster in his natural habitat of paranoia. :later:

Better Day

It won't be remembered, i doubt Gaga will be remembered truly in 10/15 years time

Together You And I!

gagavsartpop

And here we have a perfect example of an over-reacting little monster in his natural habitat of paranoia. :later:

lol you're just a delusional ass just like the rest

Notthebling

I don't know if it's the same in the US, but here in Quebec, no one knows the lyrics, AT ALL.

"Applause applause applause... na na na na na na na, na na na na na na, na na na na na na na. na na na na"

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

tokyodisko

I don't know if it's the same in the US, but here in Quebec, no one knows the lyrics, AT ALL.

"Applause applause applause... na na na na na na na, na na na na na na, na na na na na na na. na na na na"

:rip:

gagavsartpop

It won't be remembered, i doubt Gaga will be remembered truly in 10/15 years time

I like you finally someone smart

Cody Draco

Shame on everyone here who thinks Gaga won't be remembered in 15-20 years. She is the biggest thing to happen so far in pop music in the 21st century and the most talented and creative pop star since Bowie and Michael Jackson imo. She will be remembered, talked about in art classes and the art community, and awed at many years from now.

Archived