Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

artRave Philly: My experience backstage.

Lana Winters

Featured Posts

Lana Winters

This is going to be a really long post so I'm just warning everyone right now. :sweat:

I'll start off by apologizing in advance if any of this is confusing or doesn't make any sense because honestly last night is still such a daze to me. This was my second artRave with my first being Madison Square Garden on the 13th. As many of you know the Philly show was supposed to be on May 12th. That was devastating because I had requested the days off from work months and months in advance so I would be able to go and because of the rescheduled shows I didn't think I would be able to go any longer. I begged, pleaded, sold my soul, and worked 10+ shifts on my days off leading up to the day but they managed to change my work schedule around. Selling your soul works wonders. :awesome:

This time around I knew what to expect from seeing it at MSG. I was near ARTPOP Zone for that show and although it was an amazing view I still could not see the main stage so this time around I was going to take advantage of my LMZ and go straight for the barricade at the main stage. After the New York show I went home and wrote a letter to her with the intentions of throwing it up on the stage right before s-xxx dreams while she was on the couch but my main goal was just to enjoy the show and party. Seeing her live is amazing enough without worrying about getting backstage the entire time.

Check-in for LMZ began at 5 o'clock according to the email and I was late getting there because I just had to stop for the beanie baby I was going throw up on stage. We (my dad who slept in the car instead of buying a ticket like I told him to :toofunny:) cut it really close and arrived at literally 4:55 but that didn't matter because they didn't start letting LMZ in until 5:30-5:45 and then we had to wait in the arena halls until 6:25 when they finally let us down on the floor. We weren't allowed to run, push, shove going down the stairs and everyone was calm as can be. I immediately went to the main stage and there was only one row of people in front of me but I was basically at the barricade and could hold onto if it I wanted to. It was an amazing view. If you want to go there, don't worry: ARTPOP Zone is shown on the back drop and on all the screens.

We were all dying during the opening acts but when Gaga came on the stage everyone went crazy. Seeing her that much closer to me was such an amazing feeling. She looked straight at me and smiled during Just Dance. As the show went on I completely forgot about the beanie baby with the letter in my purse until I realized the opportunity was right after Aura so I took out the monkey and waited for others to start throwing it first and when I did threw it I couldn't see where it went. It landed in a pile with a lot of others in front of the couch but I thought it went under it. She read another girls letter (my mind is drawing a blank on the name rn oh my god) and she was right next to me and so happy. We were all hugging each other, crying, and congratulating her and at that point I didn't even realize she had picked up my monkey with the letter attached because we were all so excited for her. As soon as I realized the letter was mine I started flipping out and so did everyone else: we were all holding onto each other for dear life as I had my hand over my mouth the entire time crying like a baby. I couldn't even focus on what she was saying but she asked me if I wanted to go backstage after the show and all I could really do was nod my head yes while crying and holding my mouth. :lmao:

It was so surreal. Getting backstage was a nice goal and all and if it happened it happened but it wasn't really my main goal, you know? Enjoying the show and being in the moment was my main priority. Gaga reading my letter was so unexpected because I honestly didn't think she would ever end up reading it. Ever. One of the coordinators was behind the barricade (his name was Bruno) and while I was still crying he told me to wait for him back at the end of GA at the end of the show, that his name was Bruno, and that I could bring one friend all while I was still crying and I had to ask him to repeat it like three times because I was a mess. How anyone expects you to pay attention to the rest of the show after that happens is beyond me. I remember texting my dad that I got backstage and then my friend on Twitter (who was also at the show in GA) and told her that I could bring one friend backstage. I asked her to go back with me because we were both wishing each other luck before the show and she really deserved to go backstage. We never met before that night but I've definitely made a great new friend.

Once Gypsy ended and she said good night to the crowd now was the time to find my friend Kristine who was also freaking out that she was going backstage with me. She met me by the entrance to ARTPOP Zone with the other girl and her mother who got chosen and we all started crying and hugging each other. We had to wait a few minutes until the floor cleared and then we got lead to a lounge area but before that this group of three girls tried to follow us and said that Gaga told them to go there when clearly she didn't and they blew them off and blocked off the area once we were there. We were led into a private room with a big table and comfortable chairs and given a cup of water and then an additional two bottles of water which was really needed. We were all about to die. It felt soooo good to sit after the show. Bruno came in again and explained that we would take pictures with her and meet her and that our phones would have to be away during it but we were all fine with that. He said he'll come back for us when they're ready and it could be an hour, thirty minutes, forty minutes etc but we didn't care how long we had to wait. We got in there at 11:30 and we were lead out to the area to meet her at 12:45 but we didn't care. All four of us were laughing, giggling, sharing pictures and stories and talking about Gaga and everything and it was all so amazing. Waiting and talking to each other was one of the best parts.

We were taken out into the hall to the meet and greet station where the meet and greet coordinator went over some basic rules of no lifting her up, no kissing her or saliva contact because they can't risk her getting sick but that's pretty much it. He said we can bring in one thing for her to sign and I didn't have anything else besides my concert ticket so that was what I brought it. We decided to go in the order which we wrote our names down on the email list to have our picture sent to us and I was number three. The four of us still had to wait for the ARTPOP Zone people to be down and every time someone went in and we heard her squeal and laugh we all died a little inside. There was a table where we could set our belongings down in the hall outside of the room so I put my purse down and waited. At around 1am it was our turn and we expected to go in one at a time but then they said all four us can go in all together.

She. Was. Amazing. She hugged the girl and her mother first and then walked towards me and gave me a big hug and then Kristine (my friend) and it was so emotional. The girl and her mother took a picture together with Gaga first and then she asked if she could get a picture with Gaga herself and she said of course. They had a few moments to talk and then I waited for my turn and when she extended her arms out for me to come over for a hug I pretty much died in the inside. We were hugging each other so tight and we took the picture like that and luckily I managed not to cry until I got out of the room. I told her thank you so much for reading my letter during the hug and then I asked her to sign my ticket. She asked me my name and I said Emily and she smiled and said, "Oh right, Emily!" from reading my letter. While she was signing the ticket I was trying to think of what else to say and all I could think of was to say how much I loved her outfit and she smiled at me and said "No, I love yours!" and then pointed at my light up pacifier tour merch around my neck and said "Is that the pacifier?" and I nodded and laughed. I thanked her again and gave her a hug and then walked out of the room about to cry again, picking up my bag and waited for Kristine. By the time we were all down we were all messes. She came out of the room again while we were leaving and walked the opposite direction and waved to us and me and Kristine said "See you in Atlantic City!" because we're both going then too lmao. She was so cute.

When we got outside the arena we were all crying and hugging each other; telling each other how amazing this was and Kristine would not stop thanking me but she really did deserve to go backstage with me. It still feels so unreal and I can't believe this actually happened. It's a night I'm never going to forget and I can't wait to see my picture with her.

@2:10 is when she goes around, finds my monkey, and starts to read my letter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDMAzyKN9Hc

and here is my signed ticket.
28w18qr.png

I still can't function properly. 

EDIT: MY PHOTO CAME :excited2:

1ru2xs.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lana Winters

Lana Banana

:usrs:

Shhh Thredson let me out of the basement this one night to see mommy  :teehee:

:lmao:

Prometheus

Shhh Thredson let me out of the basement this one night to see mommy  :teehee:

:lmao:

He's such a swine. :whip:

EdgeofTeeth

That is so amazing, I'm so happy for you! I'm planning to throw something onstage that I'm making for her when she comes here.

Arturo

How lucky of you. :)

I'm glad you didn't make it your mission to see her backstage and prioritized your enjoyment of the show before anything else :yes:

Zilla

:hug:

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

GagaSlayedYou

That's amazing! :giveup:

It's great to see how much Gaga appreciates her fans :flutter:

Lana Winters

How lucky of you. :)

I'm glad you didn't make it your mission to see her backstage and prioritized your enjoyment of the show before anything else :yes:

Aww. Thank you!

This one drunk person was tapping all our shoulders telling us to throw this doll on stage every single song and she was third row. We kept telling her no because we were enjoying ourselves and that it would just be kicked off anyway. :sweat: Enjoying the show is what everyone should do. All the eye contact during the show was amazing. Phone tucked away in my bra with no pictures or anything and just enjoying the moment. :)

Rolodex of Hate

Hi! What an amazing story!!!!! Congrats so much!!!! (PS - I don't want to sound like a party-pooper or something, but I was just wondering if the video at the bottom could be made a 'Spoiler' for people who don't want to watch videos from the show). WELL DONE! :hug:

We have no legal choice but to stan

Archived