đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Did anybody else see it coming?

Adakam

Featured Posts

People said this about BTW though, that it was meant to fail...honestly, you guys are trying to find some special reason that it under performed, one orchestrated by gaga herself. and there isn't one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga is Life

Custom flopping will become the new thing :pawsup:

Explains the lack of promo for her latest single though ;)

ARTPOP is a great pop record but gaga and her team did their best to bury it's potential six feet under.

feelitinmybones

I absolutely love ARTPOP, but it did take a while for it to grow on me.

But I thought the gay baby comment was her being sarcastic/kidding around?

Well, yes and no. The ARTPOP era is where she cleans her slate clean. She embraced being a human while connecting it brilliantly to the vulnerability and relatability of the album. She showed the human underneath that larger than life persona she created. She took herself apart for the whole world to see, and she did it just one step ahead of the media. Timing is brilliant. She transformed the fall of THE Lady Gaga into an inspirational experience for us all to feel closer to her than ever.

So yeah, ARTPOP was set to be controversial and stripped down and it was a risk. I think the album underperforming makes the ARTPOP experience feel more special for us. Don't know if it was made on purpose or not, but I like it.

We'll look back on this era and see its significance in her career, that's for sure.

MonsterRocket

C'mon, that gay baby commentary was just a joke...she was being funny.. :awkney:

Also, those little things you're mentioning are not the reason for that "decay" some people see in Gaga's career. It's just that the stuff she did in BTW wasn't what the majority of monsters were expecting, and also, not as great as her previous works according to lots of them . It's a managing and creative direction issue, not Gaga's attitude's. She's always been very charismatic.

djBuffoon

I wouldn't say it was meant to fell, but I think she knew this was going to happen. An album this good, released at that particular point in her career, can only be fully appreciated later on. And I believe it will be.

Alex C

She listened to her little managers who constantly whined about 'wanting the Fame-era Gaga back / stop being so serious' and, well, you got what you wished for. And that's the result.

I hope she returns to her revolutionary potential she was projecting with BTW, flip the bird to all of us, and continue being a rebel since Alejandro onwards.

Perform Living

DeleteMyAccount

C2C wont do anything, her target audience dont even know who tony bennett is, it'll fly under the radar

I'm her target audience and I know who he is.  Easy Listening fans will buy the album.  If anything, I maybe won't have great charting success, yet it may have success at the Grammys knowing Tony's track record there.

I'm her target audience and I know who he is.  Easy Listening fans will buy the album.  If anything, I maybe won't have great charting success, yet it may have success at the Grammys knowing Tony's track record there.

well if shes/her teams aiming for this album to help her image then the target audience isnt her fans but the GP around 15-25, i almost sure that most of them arnt major jazz fans, they may know who he is but they wont buy his album, C2C may help her image with the older generation who do buy his albums but its not gonna help her career as the majority of people who buy her albums/singles are her target audience, i agree about the grammys tho, thats the biggest positive im seeing from this album, another grammy or two for gaga :party:

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Shadow

Wasn't the gay baby thing on Jimmy Kimmel a joke, the typical dead pan, Gaga style humor?

Dancing in the Shadow... đź–¤

chiuga

She did say ARTPOP is even riskier than Born This Way so she saw this coming

Archived