Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV UK: Has Katy Perry watered down Gaga’s art

lego

Featured Posts

What exactly has happened with Katy and that comic character?

oh you're in for a treat 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fullofsheibe

What :udidnt:. Show me dem receipts.

girl, check dem mtv.com & type in Katy Keene, your late :awkney:

VforVendetta

girl, check dem mtv.com & type in Katy Keene, your late :awkney:

I gokgled it myself and the guys also sent it to me. I've heard it for some days now but I was bored to investigate. :ohno:

Creyk

What exactly has happened with Katy and that comic character?

There is a 30-page long thread about it in the entertainment section, I suggest you look it up cuz it's hilarious

Addy Ezzie

I really love Katy but it's a good thing the media starts exposing her like that. It's so obvious (and disappointing tbh), of course people are not blind ! It's good that the media finally gives credit to Gaga.

fullofsheibe

I gokgled it myself and the guys also sent it to me. I've heard it for some days now but I was bored to investigate. :ohno:

lmao :rip: 

I feel like Katy gets off unusually lightly for taking ideas from other artists, I don't really see it as wrong and Gaga does it all the time but she gets dragged to hell for it. Even Madonna was criticized for it allot in her day.

This will probably just result in Madonna and Katy's fan bases uniting to brand Gaga a hypocrite though. 

tokyodisko

I need media to start showing the Katy Keene thing that's even more blatant than the prismatic comparisons. 

It's too old for it to make headline... lol

Plus it's not really a big deal. A lot of people think it is cool she is channeling an old comic book character that she likes. 

It isn't any different from Gaga copying Madonna or Madonna copying Marilyn.

Plus some of the outfits are not unique enough to say they are copied... a heart shaped bust? a Santa skirt? lol Really? Mean Girls could have been just as much inspiration as that. 

Plus it's not really a big deal. A lot of people think it is cool she is channeling an old comic book character that she likes. 

Plus some of the outfits are not unique enough to say they are copied... a heart shaped bust? a Santa skirt? lol Really? Mean Girls could have been just as much inspiration as that.

Stopped reading when you said Gaga copied Madonna.

tokyodisko

Stopped reading when you said Gaga copied Madonna.

Hey, look, the sky is blue. 

Hey, look, the sky is blue.

Gaga has previously said Madonna was an inspiration and she didn't copy her exactly.

Katy never said Gaga I posted her nor Katy Keene. Xerox rip off tbh.

VforVendetta

It is not the same as Madonna copying a Marylin outfit or Gaga copying a Madonna outfit. Katy has copied half that comic character looks since TD and many of Gaga's stunts for her latest Tour. They are obvious and we are not blind. Stop acting like Katy's lawyer all the time. :awkney:

tokyodisko

It is not the same as Madonna copying a Marylin outfit or Gaga copying a Madonna outfit. Katy has copied half that comic character looks since TD and many of Gaga's stunts for her latest Tour. They are obvious and we are not blind. Stop acting like Katy's lawyer all the time. :awkney:

lol Stunts? You mean a similarly colored wig which Gaga wasn't even the first to wear? Reaching... The paint bit is similar though, but the overall concept is totally different, could still be considered copying in the lowest denominator. 

Mechanical horse... eh, it's tough to say. Gaga didn't invent them and Katy does have a song, DH, so it's also a slight reach, but could be used as click bait and immature internet mud flinging between stan bases. 

So she's inspired by an old comic book character? Oh no, such shame. She was inspired by other retro figures before that. Lolita was huge in OOTB, shall we alert the writer of the novel and director of the movie? Oh, god, it was Kubrick??? I bet that was to copy Gaga too. :toofunny:  Half the looks? You might want to stop exaggerating, you might hurt yourself. 

I'm not acting like Katy's lawyer. First because Katy didn't plagiarize anything and second, because I'm just being logical and unbiased. I'm not about to be a bull headed stan suffering from grandiose delusions of Gaga. 

Gaga has previously said Madonna was an inspiration and she didn't copy her exactly.

Does she have to? I mean... Gaga doesn't always directly give credit to her inspirations either. I only mentioned Madonna, because it was so huge. 

MonsterRocket

This

Psychedelic

Mess, mess, mess!  :sweep:

lol Stunts? You mean a similarly colored wig which Gaga wasn't even the first to wear? Reaching... The paint bit is similar though, but the overall concept is totally different, could still be considered copying in the lowest denominator. 

Mechanical horse... eh, it's tough to say. Gaga didn't invent them and Katy does have a song, DH, so it's also a slight reach, but could be used as click bait and immature internet mud flinging between stan bases. 

So she's inspired by an old comic book character? Oh no, such shame. She was inspired by other retro figures before that. Lolita was huge in OOTB, shall we alert the writer of the novel and director of the movie? Oh, god, it was Kubrick??? I bet that was to copy Gaga too. :toofunny:  Half the looks? You might want to stop exaggerating, you might hurt yourself. 

I'm not acting like Katy's lawyer. First because Katy didn't plagiarize anything and second, because I'm just being logical and unbiased. I'm not about to be a bull headed stan suffering from grandiose delusions of Gaga. 

Does she have to? I mean... Gaga doesn't always directly give credit to her inspirations either. I only mentioned Madonna, because it was so huge. 

:tea:  :applause:

Archived