Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Billboard accuses Katy of Copying Gaga

Yanko

Featured Posts

HORRORHOLIC

So I didn't know what Katy Keene was and have seen it here often lately so I googled it...

:rip: i cannot believe it. :deadbanana:

I was aware of the Katy Keene character but never put two and two together and made the connection to Katy Perry until I started reading people refer to her as Katy Kleene here. After I figured out who they were talking about I googled it and couldn't believe it either. They are so similar it's unbelievable. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Rogoe

This drama is so boring :emo:

tumblr_inline_n57nk51Pov1rz6dmw.gif

I disagree :omfgaga:  I find celebrity feuds funny as hell (e.g. Banks vs Lily)

AquaFire Witch

So is Gaga gonna tweet "I guess vomiting art is in now?" She should!

Yeah Katy just "spit the paint" but if she really is doing all of the same things all at once then it does sound like a diss towards Gaga. If she was going to be inspired by Gaga she should have said she thought the idea was cool and creative and then released her thing.... then it might not have been so bad.

I am a Katy stan, but she needs to STOP. 

Applause was announced for the 19th of August, then Katy steps up and releases Roar a week before.

Gaga capitalizes her new album title, Katy capitalizes her new album title.

Gaga announces 3 promo singles, Katy announces her flop 2nd single the week before.

Gaga uses mechanical horses, color vomit, a huge balloon thingy and a fiber-optic wig, Katy uses mechanical horses, color vomit, a huge balloon thingy and a fiber-optic wig.

The obsession is REAL.  :deadbanana:

Mama Ru

Also the original concept for the Prism album cover just leaked:

iFGM5BD.png

P(lagia)RISM

:udidnt::udidnt::udidnt:

It all makes sense now! 

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Spanish Eyes

iFGM5BD.png

It all makes sense now! 

giphy.gif

VasilisVas

iFGM5BD.png

It all makes sense now! 

omg  :rip:

Anderson123

I'm not a fan of Katy Perry, I do listen to some of her songs that I like (The One That Got Away, ET, Teenage Dream, Love Me) and I think she's good at what she does (Sell music for the charts). I don't really care about Katy, but I have to agree with this article and some of the comments. Not trying to be rude, but we know how people trash talk about Gaga and Madonna because of her influences. We know she's been influenced by Madonna and many other artists, but it seems like it's something BAD. People make it look like she's a bad person for doing it, but that's art.

Now, I'm honestly satisfied right now because I see that Katy Perry is FINALLY being called for doing something similiar to Gaga, when nobody ever talks about what she does or what she "borrows" from other artists or ideas. The thing that I don't like is how people just swallow whatever Katy Perry releases (whether it's Tik Tok 2.0 or the countless remixes that got her those #1 records) and just let it pass like nothing happens and they always talk about the Amazon discount whenever they mention Born This Way.

I agree that it's one thing to promote online kindness, but I also don't agree that people walk all over Gaga. I'm happy that she tweeted that horse and green hair thing because it's true. And I still don't know WHY the media hasn't talked about Katy Keene and how Katy Perry has created her entire image based on that. I mean, if Gaga gets called for having a song sound like Express Yourself (Same chord progression), I must see Katy Perry getting called for EVERYTHING that she borrows or gets inspired by. It's only fair.

I guess I just wish both girls (and every other popstar) the best. I mean, go on with your career and be happy.

StrawberryBlond

Katy has been immune to bad press and handled with kid gloves for years. It's about time they treated her like everyone else.

You said it. Seriously, the only real backlash Katy ever suffered was at the very start of her career. Her technical very first single was Ur So Gay, and it got a small amount of people annoyed for the way she seemed to say homophobic things. But that hate was so small, and it didn't affect her whatsoever. Then what is seen as her debut single, I Kissed A Girl, gained a bigger backlash for the way she seemed to objectify lesbians and adopted faux lesbianism to turn boys on. But this was the kind of backlash that defined the phrase "all publicity is good publicity," because it gave her one of her biggest hits ever and was what was responsible for turning her into the star she is today. So those "backlashes" weren't proper backlashes, not really. Backlashes can be career reducing and career destroying. The backlash Gaga suffered during the BTW era was a true backlash, for it lowered her popularity, lowered her sales, lowered her touring demand and lowered her credibility. Katy has never suffered that level of hate. Ever since she got signed by Capitol, all Katy has ever known is success. And that's all the critics, music committees, radio DJs, touring companies and the general public have ever known her for. Therefore, they are wary about deserting her. Until Unconditionally, Katy had only ever had one flop single (Thinking of You). She doesn't really know what it's like to underperform and Prism so far has been hit and miss, giving her some insight into life after Teenage Dream.

At the end of the day, what goes up must come down. And Katy will come down very soon, probably with her next album. She can't possibly still be a huge popstar when she's well into her 30's and no longer young enough for the kind of people who buy her music. And because that's the kind of music that has made her successful and the public don't seem to want a serious song from her, she's going to struggle when she tries to present a more mature album.

blubrryxkisses

You said it. Seriously, the only real backlash Katy ever suffered was at the very start of her career. Her technical very first single was Ur So Gay, and it got a small amount of people annoyed for the way she seemed to say homophobic things. But that hate was so small, and it didn't affect her whatsoever. Then what is seen as her debut single, I Kissed A Girl, gained a bigger backlash for the way she seemed to objectify lesbians and adopted faux lesbianism to turn boys on. But this was the kind of backlash that defined the phrase "all publicity is good publicity," because it gave her one of her biggest hits ever and was what was responsible for turning her into the star she is today. So those "backlashes" weren't proper backlashes, not really. Backlashes can be career reducing and career destroying. The backlash Gaga suffered during the BTW era was a true backlash, for it lowered her popularity, lowered her sales, lowered her touring demand and lowered her credibility. Katy has never suffered that level of hate. Ever since she got signed by Capitol, all Katy has ever known is success. And that's all the critics, music committees, radio DJs, touring companies and the general public have ever known her for. Therefore, they are wary about deserting her. Until Unconditionally, Katy had only ever had one flop single (Thinking of You). She doesn't really know what it's like to underperform and Prism so far has been hit and miss, giving her some insight into life after Teenage Dream.

At the end of the day, what goes up must come down. And Katy will come down very soon, probably with her next album. She can't possibly still be a huge popstar when she's well into her 30's and no longer young enough for the kind of people who buy her music. And because that's the kind of music that has made her successful and the public don't seem to want a serious song from her, she's going to struggle when she tries to present a more mature album.

:tea:

GypsyPrince

I think the label is trying to milk her for whatever she's worth while they still can. It's really sad, because either she doesn't realise she's being made used of, OR she knows but doesn't really care about music and true artistry.

Either way, I don't see why Gaga should be the only one getting flack for doing the same things Katy and countless other pop stars are doing. 

Are monsters asking Demi on twitter about this? Or does she only hate Gaga? If she doesn't want to come off as a hypocrite she should say something.

She doesnt hate gaga she is a fan actually she also posted on twitter after the bulimia thing that she loves gaga but she thinks gaga hates her

Archived