1. 1. Best No Doubt album?

• No Doubt
    • The Beacon Street Collection
    • Tragic Kingdom
    • Return of Saturn
    • Rock Steady
    • Push and Shove

Featured Posts

Isn't just the BSC, a sticker, a poster, a VHS, and a crate full of fake oranges?

Yes. Limited to like 6000 or something. Pretty awesome. But I didn't win :cry:

Hot Space

I can't wait! The little snippets in the webisode sound so good. I miss No Doubt. :giveup:

Here's a rumored review of the new song. Its from a member on the official forum, but take it with a grain of salt.

I got an opportunity to hear "Settle Down" a few times recently, I loved it. Anyone worried No Doubt may have lost their ability to create a great pop song, or were worried we'd see them sacrifice their sound for Top 40 success by giving us a Dr. Luke rehash -- Stop, this is classic No Doubt. A perfect blend of the styles we've seen from their past albums, but it won't draw direct comparisons to any of their past hits. It's fresh, but it's still VERY No Doubt before it all.

The chorus has Gwen belting out and the instrumental is a total jam out moment; in that respect it brings back memories of TK or ROS than RS.

However, those looking for the more off-beat styling of RS won't be disappointed in the verses & hook. The verses see Gwen responding to herself in the background in a rhythmic-like speech; "No big deal (I can handle it), It can bounce off me (I can handle it)", "Here we go again (Are you kidding me) Are you insane (Are you kidding me)".

The hook goes "Ge-ge-get in line and settle down yyeaahhhhh in line and settle down" & it's repeated before the verses. It's really catchy. The song is lots of fun, but still deals with a theme that resonates further than the dance floor and perhaps offers some insight to how they've been feeling. The song opens with the line "Once you're twenty, where's your ring?" Gwen is both assuring herself she is "rough and tough, nothing's gonna knock this girl down", but still is seemingly struggling to fully "get a hold on this". Classic No Doubt stuff lyrically.

Touching back on the issue of Top 40 potential. While there is nothing that sounds like it on radio right now, it's SO catchy. Like, if there's any vehicle that's gonna bring them back without sacrificing their identity, it's probably this.

If it's true though

Edited by Lum

Here's a rumored review of the new song. Its from a member on the official forum, but take it with a grain of salt.

If it's true though

I need it now

JustDance

YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 24 DAYS TILL SETTLE DOWN. LESS THAN A MONTH :giveup: :giveup:

MY CHILDHOOD IS COMING BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.

Can't wait!

KingAlanI

http://www.spin.com/articles/no-doubts-push-and-shove-heavy-reggae-songs-horns

Seems like they're back to form. :)

Hot Space

NEW WEBISODE :excited: SHAKING AND CRYING.

The horns sound incredible! I can't wait to hear Settle Down. :giveup:

Sabertooth

No Doubt is amazing :legend: I'm glad Gwen is working with them again instead of another solo record. Her solo stuff is good, but most of it sounds dated, unlike No Doubt.

Its My Life video is just flawless. Better than most Gaga videos tbqfh.

Check out my submission for the "Push and Shove album cover" contest that a No Doubt fan site is doing!

http://www.doghousegallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=77482#top_display_media

If I win, I get a free copy of their new album!!

Check out my submission for the "Push and Shove album cover" contest that a No Doubt fan site is doing!

http://www.doghousegallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=77482#top_display_media

I like it.

LittleDudeNT5

http://www.doghouseg...p_display_media

That's cool!

Where do you get the images to use for the contest? I assume they want you to use recent photos, lol.

• Mills locked this topic