Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Which album was more successful: TFM or BTW

Popero22

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elizabeth

In terms of GP acceptance: The Fame Monster. 

Sales: Born This Way.

Culture influence: Both because I would say that's something to do with Gaga as a whole, rather than one particular album. 

Slayness: Both because I love them both in some similar and different ways. :sara: 

Just a brief outline imo, there's so much more that could be said though.

Optimus

The Fame Monster of course

BTW I'd say. :)

Even tho BR and Telephone slayed as singles, BTW was a greater success as an album + it influenced the whole pop/music industry

:lmao:

Tommy Monster

TFM blasted her career into the outer space, BTW destroyed it :toofunny:

MonsterOfficial

Element of Crime

loljk

TFM

exorcise my mind

M I M I Z

TF was her most successful in the terms of album and singles sales, and TFM just made her bigger specially promotionally,and BTW made her flop

:applause:  :applause:  :applause:  :applause:

fullofsheibe

TF was her most successful in the terms of album and singles sales, and TFM just made her bigger specially promotionally,and BTW made her flop

I agreed until those 5 last words :rip:

She didn't flop, it was a risky descision to bring an album out like this. She didn't flopped at all, she's lucky she got so much money with btwball which was the most succesful tour in history. 

Mills

It varies depending on a category. Commercial-wise in terms of chart domination, particularly digital song sales worldwide, TFM takes the top of the cake. Album sales? BTW technically sold more (by an estimate of 2 million). Critically-wise? TFM's the album that gave Gaga her most GRAMMYs and VMAs among others. It was also during that era when she's widely admired by the public and media alike, as reflected by the various titles given to her. But between the two, I'd consider TFM as the more successful one in general. She was literally dominating during 2009/2010.  

Bebe

TFM. 

After TFM, the album BTW debuted with 1,000,000 copies sold.
After BTW, ARTPOP debuted with 258,000 copies sold.

Gaga slayed in 2010. She dominated the VMAs and was breaking records left, right and center.
Born This Way was a great album, but TFM was obviously more successful. 

Archived