đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTW has better instruementals, period.

FATCAT

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

My preference is with ARTPOP's instrumentals. Immaculately layered, expertly assembled and mastered. But while BTW had this cold, metallic sheen to it, ARTPOP's production lends soul to the electronics and seems to breathe with the vocalist.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilVenusian

I feel like BTW's production was really hit and miss. We had really progressive adventurous stuff like"Bloody Mary", "Heavy Metal Lover",  "Government Hooker" mixed in the with really  lazy dated sounding productions like "Hair" "Highway Unicorn" and "Judas" (Redone work on BTW was abysmal, you could tell her really wasn't trying anymore).

On the other hand ARTPOP is consistently well produced and has a fresh, dynamic approach to the music, even to overdone genres like EDM. I generally hate that sort of music but Aura+Swine are some of my fave songs on ARTPOP purely because she took it to the edge vocally and really challenged all those typical EDM cliches. 

Gypsy is the only song on ARTPOP that gives me those cheesy BTW flashbacks, and of course u have Recycle-One to thank for that lol. Other than that there's nothing really predictable about ARTPOP and i feel like gaga really came into her own vocally where as i feel like she tended to imitate other artists styles on BTW, the most obvious being Bruce Springsteen and Madonna and Whitney. 

Rivington St

I agree with you. The Born This Way's instrumentals are EPIC. That's why is my favorite album of her.

XoXoJoanneGaga

I feel like BTW's production was really hit and miss. We had really progressive adventurous stuff like"Bloody Mary", "Heavy Metal Lover",  "Government Hooker" mixed in the with really  lazy dated sounding productions like "Hair" "Highway Unicorn" and "Judas" (Redone work on BTW was abysmal, you could tell her really wasn't trying anymore).

On the other hand ARTPOP is consistently well produced and has a fresh, dynamic approach to the music, even to overdone genres like EDM. I generally hate that sort of music but Swine is one of my fave songs on ARTPOP purely because she took it to the edge vocally and really challenged all those typical EDM cliches. 

Gypsy is the only song on ARTPOP that gives me those cheesy BTW flashbacks, and of course u have Recycle-One to thank for that lol. Other than that there's nothing really predictable about ARTPOP and i feel like gaga really came into her own vocally where as i feel like she tended to imitate other artists styles on BTW, the most obvious being Bruce Springsteen and Madonna and Whitney. 

He didn't produce Gypsy, so you can thank Madeon. I agree that Hair and Highway Unicorn have a cheesy element to them but it fits the nostalgic feeling Gaga was going for, and the Scheibe instrumental is pretty fantastic 

Emvee

Honestly the only songs on BTW that I truly love are HML, EC, and Scheisse.

Whereas ARTPOP has DWUW, MJH, SD, Gypsy, GUY, and Swine that really do it for me.

Idk where y'all get off saying BTW was perfect when you were probably the same people bashing half of that album as the worst songs in existence until 2013 lol

Funny how this fanbase constantly used the word "overproduced" and "messy" for BTW, but now the fanbase is wanting that back.

LilVenusian

He didn't produce Gypsy, so you can thank Madeon. I agree that Hair and Highway Unicorn have a cheesy element to them but it fits the nostalgic feeling Gaga was going for, and the Scheibe instrumental is pretty fantastic 

Yeah i guess he didnt produce it but you can just smell his terribly cheesy input all over the composition and hooks. Scheibe was probably his best produced song on BTW but you've still got to admit, it follows that typical gaga/redone formula and didn't really push her into any new and exciting territories, unlike DJWS and Fernando did on their productions. Its all too evident why gaga dosent work with him as much anymore, his just not a dynamic enough producer for her and tends to stick to safe and tried formulas. 

GagaDragon

BTW was a masterpiece, people bashed it when it was released but it will be the Gaga album which be looked upon nicely many years later as i feel people don't appreciate the album at all. In fact if the BTW era was based purely on the music, it would have easily would have decimated everything in its path. Unfortunately people simply got sick of her by that point :toofunga:

Miel

BTW is, imo, her best album so far in many areas, including production and instrumentals.

Doesn't mean any of the other albums are bad. In fact, I'd say ARTPOP is very close.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived