šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why ARTPOP isn't as successful as it should've been?

BoomMonster

Should Gaga go back to the industry rules and make #1 hits by obeying?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gaga go back to the industry rules and make #1 hits by obeying?

Featured Posts

One Five Ten

I think it was a mistake to premiere so many songs before the release. With BTW, it was all HYPE HYPE HYPE and little payoff till release day, but here on release we only had a few songs left to hear in full. Same goes for the public.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scarlet Witch

Bad title, bad management, and not very good music (personal opinion)Ā 

Gaga can be experimental all she wants, but the fact that the music of ARTPOP itself is not very good remains true, at least to me

VforVendetta

I also think its Gaga's fault to some extend as others have said but it doesn't have to do with music. Even if people don't like AP that much look at what music has smashed. I mean if Prism or Bangers are not dated then what is? Happy is smashing all that time and its one of the most recycled things you can listen

People aren't here for her anymore that's why

Ā 

they are sick of the "artistic" ****... they don't careĀ  :blehga:

Ā 

songs about Power bottoming? Outside the gay community that is not relatableĀ  :derpga:

eamonster123

The true problems:

Ā 

- the material isn't catchy or fresh or trendy, it's dated

- the wait for the era was too long, she lost fans because of that

- the Troy split and the depression and the other things that didn't go as planned - the VMA performance, international promotion, Applause release/leak, DWUW video, Venus single release..

- the long break after December made the album lose momentum.

Ā 

Ā 

Thats djws for ya

hmmm i have mixed feelings on this. Ā while i don't mind if she gets less popular......i think it'd be amazing if i could see her at more intamite settings like theaters again...my all time favorite gaga, is fame gaga, where she was radio friendly. Ā she played the radio game. Ā i guess overall, i just want her to do whatever she wants to do, not the record company.

Wet Fire

Blackout

Alienation

Miley Cyrus

Katy Perry

High consception of art

GP's misconsception

Media

Haters

ARTPOP didn't do really well because of its mess and it got pretty much overshadowed by over artists in the industry, for example Miley :sweat:

I think Gaga should do what ever she wants, all I want to do is listen to her interviews and appriciate her outfits. She's so magical like that. Ofc the music is aso important. But I just love to listen to her talking. I guess that's why I'm stil here.

Dominic

She just needs to get better material. Whilst I love ARTPOP it isn't exactly the most fresh sounding album, it isn't really innovative or new sounding like her earlier work has been and the message behind ARTPOP is so muddled that even the majority of the fans don't know what it is other than 'anything'.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Antidote

I don't think that Gaga has to go back to the industry rules and has to obey... I think it's the opposite.

ARTPOP is a mainstream pop album to me, way too much tbh.

The reason for ARTPOP not smashing as hard as anything before is just that the promo is missing,especially in Europe. So many people don't even know about ARTPOP or GUY.

Also Gaga's speeches about the "art in pop and art in everything she does" is just too much for the people, I feel like they're getting annoyed by it.

eamonster123

Zedd is the biggest problem. And yeah,

DJWS played it very safe too...

Ā 

I think zedd did pretty good, especially with Aura and G.U.Y. Him and madeon practically saved the album imo

Versace

ARTPOP died for 3 reasons in my opinion

Ā 

1-Bad Timing

2-Bad Team

3-Way too many blackouts

Archived