💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you guys think Venus would do well as the lead?

disneyhigh

Venis  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would Venus do well at the lead single of ARTPOP

• yes
    • no

Featured Posts

No. It would have probably debuted the same all thanks to the support of the fanbase, but I'm doubtful it'll have the same legs which Applause had for months within the top 10 of iTunes. Radio wouldn't have supported it as much as they did for Applause. And besides, among all the tracks on ARTPOP, Applause is the best option for a pre-album single or a single in general for that matter. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MikeyMoonShine

No and idk why you guys are always bashing Applause, it did very well. I love Venus but it got an incredibly mixed reaction and did terribly as a promo single.

It probably would have charted in a similar place just for being the lead but I doubt it would have had anything like the longevity Applause did. 

wearenotjustart

Rocket Number 9 would have taken off to #1.

I'm still slayed by Venus everyday.

MikeyMoonShine

Nope, it wouldve absolutely bombed. I love Venus but i honestly dont understand why people think it shouldve been a single. Its been performed on major TV shows and it had no impact on its sales on itunes. Plus I think Venus is a FAN favourite, but everyone that i know that has heard it absolutely hates it.

Exactly, she gave it just as much promo as DWUW in the beginning and nobody cared. If anything all she achieved by doing that was harming DWUW's momentum. 

Aura tho...

That would've been so perfect if she planned everything... The video would've slayed and it would've stabbed Roar to pieces.

I could have seen that working especially with a radio edit to get rid of the intro (and demo version vocals  :manicure: ) but other than that Applause was the best option for lead. 

Slade

Aura tho...

That would've been so perfect if she planned everything... The video would've slayed and it would've stabbed Roar to pieces.

Mmmmm...you're right. Aura would've actually been the best lead now that I think about it.

Yanko

yes cuz gaga was hyped back then everyone was waiting for her and venus is like bad romance i think it would have been better as a lead single or second single would have been goo as well cause gp really liked applause 

TraeumereiLPB

Who are we to predict which song would do well or not? It's not that easy. All I am going to say is: I love Venus, it is my favorite track on ARTPOP. I'd love to see a video for it, but that's just me. It could do very well, but it could also flop. Like every song.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Nikkothemermaid

I totally agree with you, my family absolutely hates VENUS because I play it so much.  :gaga:  I don't know what it is about that song that makes it my favorite, but i honestly think it would have slayed as the lead single, or at least a single after Applause. 

Teal Ambition

Nope

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Antidote

No, I think Applause was a great choice. Venus should have been the second single tho instead of DWUW

LilVenusian

Hell Yes!
It might have been a riskier choice than Applause but I think it would have generated a lot more publicity and critical interest ( in the same way that Bad Romance really made people sit up and take notice). I also think it would have marketed the album better image wise. E.g coming out with that new seashell bikini-girl image would have made a lot more sense if Venus was the lead single. 

Even as the second single i think it would have had a good chance of slaying.
Gaga clearly liked it more than DWUW and would have given it an epic music video and gone that extra mile for it promo wise. It was her little baby, her first solo production and it breaks my heart that the rest of world wont be able to appreciate her excellent work.

Regardless, im so proud of her and I have no doubt it will go down as a  classic fan favourite I also have a feeling she will do it justice on the tour, when she is really in charge!

VforVendetta

Yes but Applause was the best chouce, it's the best song on ARTPOP and the best lead single.

Archived