💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lisa Robinson talks Gaga in new Book (+ NEW PIC!)

LaMaisonGaga

Featured Posts

SpaceAce

Lisa Robinson is very well respected and has been a figure in the industry since the 70s. I'm sure the article this quote is from (abc), decided to contrast her opinions of Gaga and Madonna, rather than Lisa having done so herself within the book. According to other reviews of the book, she talks a little more about Gaga. Also, I'm sure it's not some unfounded bias - she's respected and she's gotten to observe both artists for quite some time now.

(Lisa is on the left)

lisa_robinson_dave_and_madonna_1984.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schwerk

Wondering the reasons behind those words, I think Madge is very passionate with her work  :shrug:

True. She just has a hard time expressing/vocalizing it. Madonna is naturally much 'harder'/tougher/less emotional then Gaga. For example not everybody has the ability to connect and love and care for complete strangers, which fans kind of are. I for example never really cry, but it doesn't mean stuff doesnt affect me deeply. 

Madonna has come a long way and has brought down her guard a bit these last few years. Interacting with her audience more, letting them watch soundchecks. I think Gaga has learned her the importance of building a true connection with your fanbase. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

She didn't need to add Madge in there. 

We're all Stronger Together!

Willy Wonka

I think she's talking about personal relationships.

Madonna is passionate about her work and she has notoriously been willing to throw others under the bus to further herself. She is also notoriously cold with people.

Gaga, on the other hand, is known as being very warm and affectionate and personable.

Battle 4 Ur Life

Why was it necessary to bring up Madonna though 

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Ray of Light
"Gaga is a gifted artist connected to her audience,"

Dear Lisa, I agree. Gaga is indeed a very gifted artist, and has an amazing connection to her fans, or even casual spectators. Gaga is very talented, and I'm glad you can see that. 

"Unlike Madonna who’s humorless & lacking passion."

You know what b---h.

Madonna humorless? Where have you been the past 30 years? The woman has been known for her sense of humor in endless interviews, and anyone that has worked with her agrees that Madonna is a very funny and engaging humorous person. Her tours speak for themselves (contrary to what a few b---hy interviews she's done say, but hey, she's still hilarious.

Now, what bothers me the most Mrs. Robinson is your dim witted idea that Madonna lacks passion. What planet is your head stuck in? What gases are you inhaling? Madonna, her career, her music, her attitude is all BASED on PASSION. Had it not been for the passion, or "lack of passion" that you apparently think Madonna displays, Madonna would not be here after 3 decades. POP MUSIC would not be the same had it not been for Madonna's passion and ambition. 

Now, I love what you said about Gaga. But I'm not sure what drove you to say those things about Madonna. My opinion is you met her down the road and she told you the TRUTH and you didn't like it. or maybe you haven't been fortunate enough to actually meet her so just assume things about her? Either way, it's petty. 

Mer Girl

I know it's another Madonna comparison, but at least someone stood up for Gaga.  And I'm sorry, but Madonna has lacked passion since the Hard Candy era and as far as I'm concerned, she's not connected to the audience a tenth of what Gaga is.  Madonna has little concern for the integrity of her music anymore... 

RAMROD

Ummm..., She does look alike to Jenniferella tho? :lmao:

tumblr_myan6bELYQ1rpe379o1_500.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived