💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Still not positive about vocaloids? Watch this!

Giorno Giovanna

Featured Posts

Knife

Stop the trolling it's just boring now :bunny:

Joking =/= trolling, learn the difference.

You are all such a joyless little bunch that you take extreme offense to every little joke.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joking =/= trolling, learn the difference.

You are all such a joyless little bunch that you take extreme offense to every little joke.

:sharon:

Rosalina

I just don't get what I'm watching... What's so special about it? Other than the fact it's a projection???

IDK what you mean by "music made by real people isn't real"... It's like watching a bad music video.

It's not just a simple projection on a screen. The technology makes it appear as though Miku is actually performing on stage.

The other aspect of Miku and other Vocaloids that make her truly unique is that her voice is entirely synthesized using the Vocaloid computer program. Unlike other virtual music stars, such as Gorillaz, Miku's songs aren't recorded by a real performer. 

Vocaloid is a software program that allows you to synthesize your own vocal songs using a virtual singer. Different versions of Vocaloid have different voices, and are represented by different characters. It's actually an American product, but the Japanese Vocaloids are the most popular because they were the first to be utilised as virtual pop stars.

This is what makes Miku and other Vocaloids so special: She doesn't exist; her heart doesn't beat, she isn't self aware, but she is alive. When she performs, you believe she is a real popstar. That's the appeal. 

Rosalina

But she's doing exactly the same thing night after night?

Yeah, but most people only see her once, and the her live shows aren't that frequent. 

bionic

Ah I see. I suppose that is kinda special then. Do the people know the songs?

buy bionic

Rosalina

Ah I see. I suppose that is kinda special then. Do the people know the songs?

Yes, fans of Miku will probably know most of the songs, the most well known one is World Is Mine, which is likely to be performed at artRAVE :)

Ladey Gagz

So music made by real people isnt real :P? Tons of work goes into this, all by people. Just because her avatar is not a living breathing human being does not invalidate a single part of the musical process. 

I dont understand the train of thought --- not real person = not entertaining? I  mean its one thing to just not like her voice (even tho it changes constantly depending on how she is used and who by... like DRASTICALLY)

Well you're there for a singer/dancer/entertainer. If it's just something that gets played back every time and isn't really live, you're not really there for that. Yes, people worked on it behind the scenes, but nobody wants to see something because people worked on it behind the scenes. It just doesn't appeal

That's what you call impressive :wtf:

Katy can't dance... Like AT ALL. She has dancers who dance well-ish. But she herself is a major flop at dancing. We all know it. That's why she has great lights an effects to cover up for her terrible vocals and dancing. And have you seen Judas, Bad Romance, Marry The Night, Born This Way, G.U.Y., Applause (chorus), Telephone, Alejandro and many other videos where she slays the dancing? Meanwhile you get Katy Perry swinging from a vine and shouting at a tiger in her videos, performing 'magic' tricks or what, walking around and doing random ****. Face it sis you're fav is just a pretty face :hor:

Maybe she flops at dancing. Maybe her choreos aren't as complex as Gaga's. But you know what that makes? It makes a simple choreo that everyone can do and dance to. This > katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif is actually iconic and many people who aren't fans of her know it and do it when they hear Dark Horse. So maybe she isn't the best dancer. However, she still works with what she has and it works so I wouldn't criticize her.

Rosalina

Well you're there for a singer/dancer/entertainer. If it's just something that gets played back every time and isn't really live, you're not really there for that. Yes, people worked on it behind the scenes, but nobody wants to see something because people worked on it behind the scenes. It just doesn't appeal

She is accompanied by a live band though, so it technically is live. Even so, you can still enjoy the performance regardless of the fact that it is pre recorded, because you experience the magic of believing that Miku is a real performer. 

It's like going to Disney World and meeting Mickey Mouse: You know that Mickey's not real and that there's a human inside the costume, but when you meet him, you believe it really is Mickey Mouse. 

ItsTommyBitch

Maybe she flops at dancing. Maybe her choreos aren't as complex as Gaga's. But you know what that makes? It makes a simple choreo that everyone can do and dance to. This > katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif is actually iconic and many people who aren't fans of her know it and do it when they hear Dark Horse. So maybe she isn't the best dancer. However, she still works with what she has and it works so I wouldn't criticize her.

Shes not just standing there while music plays. She moves. She performs. She "dances". She sort of interacts with the crowd. She has costume changes. And the band is entirely live. You are still seeing a live performance. I'm still confused. If anything you have come for the band to play while her vocals play on top of them (in good balance). Shes the icon of her music and her fans. Why go to a *insert bad singer* concert if they cant sing well? People will still come even if they dont sing well and can't dance.

Hatsune Miku can dance (her dancer is mapped) and sing. And her singing isnt "auto-tuned", thats just the effect of the program which is not always eliminatable (though it can be almost 100% taken care of with skill.)  Its not perfect, there are realistic pitch discrepancies, because her program is not made to sing perfectly. She has a range like any other singer. If anything shes the most consistent vocally  :hor:

I guess I don't see why people require so much originality and "authenticity" when in reality most acts arent original (what is these days?) or entirely authentic.  :shrug:

Just because this is more visibly not "authentic" ( as in living)  does not make it any worse. Maybe people prefer their "realness" shrouded in lies and deception than wide out in the open.

If you just live for the atmosphere of a llive performance headed by a human being then i guess that's fine. When you break things down though, its not a very different experience. People go crazy @ her lives the same way they would any other singer. 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Hauser

Im sure that visually seeing these holograms would be pretty cool but i don't get the appeal. It's like going to a concert to see an interlude on a screen. 

Ladey Gagz

Shes not just standing there while music plays. She moves. She performs. She "dances". She sort of interacts with the crowd. She has costume changes. And the band is entirely live. You are still seeing a live performance. I'm still confused. If anything you have come for the band to play while her vocals play on top of them (in good balance). Shes the icon of her music and her fans. Why go to a *insert bad singer* concert if they cant sing well? People will still come even if they dont sing well and can't dance.

Hatsune Miku can dance (her dancer is mapped) and sing. And her singing isnt "auto-tuned", thats just the effect of the program which is not always eliminatable (though it can be almost 100% taken care of with skill.)  Its not perfect, there are realistic pitch discrepancies, because her program is not made to sing perfectly. She has a range like any other singer. If anything shes the most consistent vocally  :hor:

I guess I don't see why people require so much originality and "authenticity" when in reality most acts arent original (what is these days?) or entirely authentic.  :shrug:

Just because this is more visibly not "authentic" ( as in living)  does not make it any worse. Maybe people prefer their "realness" shrouded in lies and deception than wide out in the open.

If you just live for the atmosphere of a llive performance headed by a human being then i guess that's fine. When you break things down though, its not a very different experience. People go crazy @ her lives the same way they would any other singer. 

It's not that she doesn't dance or anything, it's more like... it's as if it was just a player. It's hard to explain :sweat: It's like if a player was being played. Like the "entertainer" cannot fail or have imperfections since it's just something that gets played every time. But it's not really that it's just hard to explain :sweat:

EDIT: Maybe what I'm trying to say is that ON-STAGE (not before or "BTS"), there's no real effort in that. And people are there for a LIVE show so

Prismatic

The hologram is a really cool, but I just don't like vocaloids.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

ItsTommyBitch

It's not that she doesn't dance or anything, it's more like... it's as if it was just a player. It's hard to explain :sweat: It's like if a player was being played. Like the "entertainer" cannot fail or have imperfections since it's just something that gets played every time. But it's not really that it's just hard to explain :sweat:

Her band can mess up. Hell her band sometimes plays songs differently.  Songs are cut, remixed, remade, redone, edited all of the time in the vocaloid world and on stage. I've already explained that her vocals are hardly ever "perfect". 

There is authenticity in them because they were made by people with dreams and ideas and musical vision. Of course you could argue "why not just stay home and listen to her on your ipod or iphone?" --- Because you could go to an arena or stadium and enjoy her and have a truly amazing experience with other people and interact with people who have similar interests in you and be united by a common object. Isn't that the point of all concerts? 

At this point, it sounds like the reason you are saying people might not be entertained is because of a loose understanding of how the behind the scenes work.

Again, its ok to dislike the music, because music is incredibly subjective xD I just think its a shame that people are so turned off by the idea of something different without fully understanding what it is. Some dont even try and just call it"anime ****". "Shes a computer". "Shes from an anime right?" "Why would people get excited about that?. Shes not even a real person".

These things bother me :P Especially because they often come from people who claim to be "open minded"  :awkney:

#promoteonlinekindness

*EDIT*

BTS artists practice dance moves and vocals and bands practice so that things can be executed perfectly. BTS Programmers and a dancer make choreography and map it onto the dancers body and transfer it over to Miku for these things (The Dancer is typically Ogura Yui as far as i know still. It might be done differently now since the first lives) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds33wVDR668 )

ON-STAGE she is performing, ON-STAGE A band is performing.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Rosalina

Im sure that visually seeing these holograms would be pretty cool but i don't get the appeal. It's like going to a concert to see an interlude on a screen. 

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: The fact that Miku sings using synthesized vocals and actually looks as if she's performing and interacting with the crowd is the appeal. She's not real, but you believe she is a real person when you see her perform. There really isn't anything else like it in the world. It's a unique experience that not many people will have ever seen before.

Archived