Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

I Don't Think the GP HATES Gaga, It Just Doesn't Care too Much

Wet Fire

Featured Posts

heavymlover

You'd be surprised. Some haters are more obsessed with her than her fans. But I get what you mean. For everyone who thinks Gaga is a talentless pop b---h, she's just doing crazy stuff for the attention and they don't care about it anymore.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jester

Other stanbases hate her, GP doesn't care. They like her when she's pretty and normal, don't like her when she's weird and gets puked on on stage

Ā 

Although the GP seemed to love her during the Applause era, a lot of people praised her looks, SNL monolouge/performances/skits, the thing with that homeless man and the rose...

Ā 

Ā 

The GP are not loyal to any artist

Ā 

Ā 

Except Beyonce, I'm not trolling or trying to be funny but the GP has decided to put her on the highest pedestal. Friends with the president, praised by the media for being a hard working mother, praised for being a woman with balls, praised for being colored. Beyonce can do nothing bad and while miley is being a slut and desperate for undressing, beyonce is simply "empowering female beauty and strenght". It's a tad weird.

The Professor

Do you go up to random people and ask them if they like you? Do you change your behavior to please people? That's basically what you're expecting Gaga to do. That is not a way to live.

Ā 

Gaga's career is focused entirely on how people percieve her :awkney:

Ā 

This is the entertainment business its not like she's a supply managerĀ 

britneylopez99

Its just because everybody is seriously just over her preachy-art gimmicks now. EVEN TO ME, it's starting to get kind of old.

Ā 

"What happened to the Gaga that used to sing about disco sticks and clubbing; now all she sings about is her bank account and reference different artists at any chance she gets."

Ā 

THIS is what people are thinking. People miss the Gaga that they could relate to. Gaga thinks that now that she is as famous as she is, she can get away with being totally not relatable to anyone. A bold move--no doubt, but it will never work in her favour.

Ā 

I think for her to make a comeback, she needs to get real again. She needs to stop writing about art and referencing Koons and Marina whenever she can, because it does come across as pretentious and try hard. We all know she can be fun, lets see CrazyGa come back with her next album. If she does, trust me, she'll go miles with the "GP".

geopang

More like they're over her, it doesn't matter how GOOD the music video or song is, its just that they're over everything over the top, outrageous and well, Gaga.

That's why, IMO, she needs to reinvent her image.

Pain of fame1

Its not that the GP hates her, its just that the haters get wayy more attention, from the fan base and from the media

this

Slayer

Madonna showed her reinventing skills and she could get iconic hits like Ray of Light and Hung Up after so many years from her debut. I'm not sure if Gaga will do it. But I still think Cheek to Cheek might be a big turning point of her career.

Ā 

Ā 

Me, too. In fact, at this rate, I think Cheek to Cheek will SAVE her career.Ā 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canŹ¹t look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

lairofhk

Its just because everybody is seriously just over her preachy-art gimmicks now. EVEN TO ME, it's starting to get kind of old.

Ā 

"What happened to the Gaga that used to sing about disco sticks and clubbing; now all she sings about is her bank account and reference different artists at any chance she gets."

Ā 

THIS is what people are thinking. People miss the Gaga that they could relate to. Gaga thinks that now that she is as famous as she is, she can get away with being totally not relatable to anyone. A bold move--no doubt, but it will never work in her favour.

Ā 

I think for her to make a comeback, she needs to get real again. She needs to stop writing about art and referencing Koons and Marina whenever she can, because it does come across as pretentious and try hard. We all know she can be fun, lets see CrazyGa come back with her next album. If she does, trust me, she'll go miles with the "GP".

So much TRUTH in this post. The art **** is really just too much. As a big fan myself I have been quite turned off by it, it's honestly nothing but pretentious...she's just taking it too seriously honestly. And nobody still understands what "ARTPOP" actually is...she honestly couldn't explain it well at all. She kind of just needs a reality check...like the people who she surrounds herself with, I feel, don't give her a lot of perspective on things. She needs some outside perspective, for real.Ā 

Maybe it's getting trendy to hate her in USA, but here in Europe, actually more people, my friends who disliked Gaga, are becoming quite a fans for Applause and DWUW. ;)Ā  They prefer ARTPOP to BTW

The problem is that you need hits to be talked about and Gaga isn't delivering on that front right now. "Applause" was a bona fide hit, but it got overshadowed with the stupid Gaga vs. Katy media story. "Do What U Want" had the makings of a smash hit but the cancellation of the video killed it right when it was about to blow up. "G.U.Y." is not and will not be a chart hit.

It's not really that people dislike her; it's just that she's losing her profile since she's not as successful.

Also, there is no such thing as having "loyalty" with the 'GP' or being universally loved or hated by them. People are fickle, especially when it comes to music. For as many people as there are who love BeyoncƃʒĀ© or think she's a good role model or whatever, you have just as many people who think she's a slut or that her music is bad. For as many people download Katy Perry songs there are just as many, if not more, people who think she is talentless and her music disposable.

Gaga's industry is not about winning over people who don't and will never like you, it's about appealing to as many people who will like you as you can.

ryhanna

The thing is though, that there has been underlying hate for Gaga since the very beginning. Even when she was at her peak, she was "too weird and crazy" and "too ugly." As much as I hate the comparison, Katy Perry is a very good example of someone who is more normal and likable on a broad scale. Because Gaga is who she is, a polarizing figure, it's not likely that she'll ever be universally adored.

But you're right though, the public doesn't hate her. A lot of people are probably tired of her weirdness though. I mean, there's only so much time before the novelty of crazy fashion wears off.

Emvee

Do you go up to random people and ask them if they like you? Do you change your behavior to please people? That's basically what you're expecting Gaga to do. That is not a way to live.

It's kicks my ass that fans expect her to be authentic AND change her look/sound to whatever is popular.

Madonna reinvented herself because she didn't have morals as an artist. She was a business woman. She's the epitome of a popstar who's in it to be on top. She's a sheezus. The idea of a reinvention only exists in music because of marketing. Art naturally goes through movements and it's rare and even inherently wrong for artists to try to hop from one movement and to the next to stay popular. If the whole Gaga thing isn't hitting anymore, so be it. But the Gaga "shtick" is what she is.

Don't expect Gaga to change herself for more sales and popularity anytime soon. If that's what you're waiting for, start packing your bags. Lol

Archived