Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

G.U.Y. Reaches top 30 on pop radio!

HaveAnOysterBBy

Featured Posts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tarl69gp

This could raise her spins per week! If anything, request in NY and LA!!!! Plays have risen +16 since yesterday but fell -26 over the weekend! We need continuous increase in plays everyday!

TArL

HaveAnOysterBBy

This could raise her spins per week! If anything, request in NY and LA!!!! Plays have risen +16 since yesterday but fell -26 over the weekend! We need continuous increase in plays everyday!

TArL

YAAAAAAASSSS!

Economy

I don't think people are uninterested in Gaga, I think she's just choosing the wrong singles. Applause was a good 1st single, they could of done a little more to push it a little further, but it was a huge hit so whatever. Venus should of been the second single, it was supposed to be so they had a plan and usually your initial instincts are the correct ones. I blame the release of DWYW as the second single for throwing a wrench in the sequencing of single releases. GUY is a great song but I also don't think it's one of the most hit-worthy songs on the album. Just my 2 cents, I hope it reaches top 20 but at this point I'm already looking toward act 2 :/

DWYW actually is very radio friendly. Wasnt a poor choice at all, better than venus...

It has a style even Gaga haters liked and even hip-hop stations played it and they usually never play Gaga

There was a lack of promotion (especially for DWYW), there was competition, and the GP isnt as much into Gaga as they were when she first came out and thus neither of the first 2 singles were mega hits, but they did decently

As for GUY, its not the worst choice but not the best. Maybe Gypsy might have done better who knows. But her first 2 singles tbh are the most radio friendly and she used them up already

Mister G

I've been hearing that s-x is banned from radio so any song with that word is being censored out. Wonder if anyone noticed that.

GagaisHotAF

I've been hearing that s-x is banned from radio so any song with that word is being censored out. Wonder if anyone noticed that.

No not all radio stations block it. My local radio station 103.3 AMP Radio never blocks out the word s-x. 

Probably on Grindr

Jellybean Monster

DWYW actually is very radio friendly. Wasnt a poor choice at all, better than venus...

It has a style even Gaga haters liked and even hip-hop stations played it and they usually never play Gaga

There was a lack of promotion (especially for DWYW), there was competition, and the GP isnt as much into Gaga as they were when she first came out and thus neither of the first 2 singles were mega hits, but they did decently

As for GUY, its not the worst choice but not the best. Maybe Gypsy might have done better who knows. But her first 2 singles tbh are the most radio friendly and she used them up already

I agree that she should of gone with Gypsy, she should have pushed that to be a single of some sort around the Olympics (in my little world it would of been perfect lol!)

But yeah, the promotion for this era, especially in the very beginning was pretty dismal. My problem with DWYW was it sounded really similar to music from TFM to me, I really just don't think it gave people anything particularly new or surprising from her, which is honestly what people have come to expect. Big, epic pop music..Especially at the beginning of each album release. I still think VENUS would have provided that more...But again, thats just me :/

Economy

I agree that she should of gone with Gypsy, she should have pushed that to be a single of some sort around the Olympics (in my little world it would of been perfect lol!)

But yeah, the promotion for this era, especially in the very beginning was pretty dismal. My problem with DWYW was it sounded really similar to music from TFM to me, I really just don't think it gave people anything particularly new or surprising from her, which is honestly what people have come to expect. Big, epic pop music..Especially at the beginning of each album release. I still think VENUS would have provided that more...But again, thats just me :/

yeah but ur thinking like a fan still "big different pop music"

The GP doesnt think that way, they like the song or they dont. Thats why Katy Perry hasnt changed too much and still keeps smashing (and tbh im liking Katies music)

Venus has a cool sound but because its very different it would need to catch on first before smashing... Its the kind of somg that would be either a total hit or a total flop...

Seeing as Gagas fame and popularity has dwindled somewhat, it would be harder for her to get a different sound to catch on right now and likely it would flop. But thats just my opinion :shrug:

Archived