💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The problem with ARTPOP...

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People shouldn't try to find these negative aspects with albums. Not every record will be a complete success, and it doesn't mean that it has a problem. Sometimes it just won't click, even if its released by a popular artists.

I still prefer Born This Way, but I'm not looking for ways to dismiss ARTPOP or looking for a problem that isn't really there.

The REAL problem with ARTPOP is the presence of "fans" who THINK there's a problem with it

This album is just fine :Whitney:

Brooklyn Nights was written in 2010. When Gaga was dating Luc.

And Sexxx Dreams was written about Taylor, since, I don't know... they were in a pool, naked?

False, You and I was recorded in 2010 and she says "six whole years" Brooklyn Nights was written for ARTPOP in 2011 hence "seven years of our bad luck dating"

Seeka

False, You and I was recorded in 2010 and she says "six whole years" Brooklyn Nights was written for ARTPOP in 2011 hence "seven years of our bad luck dating"

Um... She was dating Luc just before Born this Way.

Do you not know? Gaga and Luc were on and off until Born This Way, where she broke it off completely. Plus did you never listen to how Gaga introduced You and I at the Monster Ball? "now this is a song a bout a really good looking guy from Nebraska."

Also

"Brooklyn Nights" is a song written by Lady Gaga. She revealed the song title on September 20, 2013 via Twitter in anticipation for her then-upcoming album, ARTPOP, but the song was not included on the final track list. Gaga later confirmed the song would be available through the ARTPOP application during a Twitter Q&A. On March 16, 2014, DJ White Shadow confirmed on Twitter that he produced the song.

When she was in Charlotte, North Carolina on September 18, 2010 during The Monster Ball Tour,  Gaga talked about having written a new song and referenced it as "Charlotte Nights". Before she played "Yoü and I". At the show, she said "I did write another song today while I was here in North Carolina," which she called "An impressive and interesting place" because of an "adult shop" she visited where "the ****ography was staggering... Congratulations on your tripple-X stores!" She later said she got really inspired to write a "hit song". It is unknown if "Charlotte Nights" is indeed "Brooklyn Nights" as there is no reference to "adult shop" in the lyrics.

Plus, also, the production of Brooklyn Nights is very easily believable to be made for Born this Way.

Not to mention, why would you want to include a song about an old flame when marriage rumors are flying about the dude you've been together with for two years? If Brooklyn Nights made it onto ARTPOP the lyrics would've received a complete makeover.

ALSO, You and I was PLAYED in 2010. the finished version wasn't recorded till close to the end of the Monster Ball, which was in 2011.

Fernando Garibay discussed the song with The Hollywood Reporter stating "It was near the end of the album and we were on such a time deadline. But she was so busy starting to promote the album, the concerts, still being on tour, doing press, it was insane, so she literally had to record the vocal with a piano live backstage. We sent whatever parts we had to Mutt Lange and there was no time for her to fly out or anything like that. I remember Mutt writing us back and saying, "The vocal's perfect." Considering Mutt Lange is one of the best vocal producers on the planet…"[1]

crownlessking

This doesn't even make sense? So basically you want her to stop singing about the past because you think it'l improve her music? Okaaaaaaay then.

Bellatrix

hahaha like you have any idea about any of the details of her personal life. :toofunny:

lol i'm sorry but no.

Please don't pretend you know how Gaga feels about her partners. :)

Tropico

Sis just close the thread. You were expecting the fake fans to agree with you but sis no one really likes this thread and ARTPOP is better than your exaiatence.

It's art. It's meant to be emotional and true. Looking and her past and everything about her. No one wants a fake bubblegum album about this happy chippy life bulls--t. That's not what gaga does anymore.

The real problem about ARTPOP is fake stans trying to find fault in the album like you :manicure:

Sis just close the thread. You were expecting the fake fans to agree with you but sis no one really likes this thread and ARTPOP is better than your exaiatence.

It's art. It's meant to be emotional and true. Looking and her past and everything about her. No one wants a fake bubblegum album about this happy chippy life bulls--t. That's not what gaga does anymore.

The real problem about ARTPOP is fake stans trying to find fault in the album like you :manicure:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Archived