Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

When did Katy begin slaying?

johnjeric

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tokyodisko

I'd say Katy cemented her place in Superstardom between Teenage Dream and Firework.

I think Gaga's team dropped the ball on promotionals and social media mid BTW, because I don't see how she could fall far behind so easily otherwise. 

I don't think people are paid to follow Katy- at least no more than are paid to follow Gaga.  :toofunny: Remember all the fake profiles found following Gaga? Or was that proven to be fake?

People just like Katy more than Gaga generally.  :shrug:

But I do think a lot had to do with Gaga's seemingly non-existent PR and marketing. 

Katy's got an amazing team. Like woah. 

ryhanna

When did the dinosaurs die out?

Seriously though, with the first of her string of number 1's, California Gurls.

dontbesweet

I'd say Katy cemented her place in Superstardom between Teenage Dream and Firework.

I think Gaga's team dropped the ball on promotionals and social media mid BTW, because I don't see how she could fall far behind so easily otherwise. 

This

Perhaps even California Gurls.

badboymonsterx

I remember I used to think Katy was going to be a one hit wonder after the OOTB era, I was like what else is she gonna do? 

I don't think she will top I kissed a girl level of success and then she released california gurls and then teenage dream and then firework and ET, part of me, last friday night, roar, dark horse.........

I was so wrong

KTsmf5J.gif

I love Oprah's puzzled faces lmaoooo

djBuffoon

She goes with the tried and tested formula for hit albums and singles.

She takes no risks whatsoever, Prism is mediocre as f**k

I do really like her though, but she doesn't slay anything

That's how it happens. You would be hard-pressed to find someone who is offended or challenged by her, and that's why she so easily soared to the top right from the start: top-notch publicity team, catchy and easily singable tracks, winning personality, and opulent but easy-to-process videos.

Very little of this is interesting to me, personally, but it makes perfect sense that she's huge right now. She's doing everything by the book.

CatelynnMarie

As long as she keeps releasing music/ videos that people can relate to and are easily understandable, she'll be top in the public's eye. 

tokyodisko

This

Perhaps even California Gurls.

I think that was the start of it, but that song annoyed too many people, but then she did TD and people are suckers for teenage nostalgia, then she did Firework which was a feel good, empowering anthem, like BTW, but at the same time it wasn't as kitschy. I love BTW, but it was lyrically kind of off and definitely was aimed for LGBT, of course, but Firework appealed to more people over time.

Katy did a good job building up her singles and I don't think she hypes her releases as much. And her team is so good that when Unconditionally flopped they didn't linger at all and were on top of DH being a single. They plan so well.  :giveup: I still can't get over the Birthday teaser that is already out. lol That is a damn fast team. 

Archived