Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

I just want ARTPOP to be over already

MillieBrown

Featured Posts

Tropico

I'm pretty sure the fans who are disappointed are disappointed with the quality not the chart placements. This era pales in comparison to her others. Say what you will about the album, but the visuals and performances have also been a shadow of what they used to be. It just hasn't been a good era. I can't speak for others but I've stanned for plenty of albums that weren't commercially successful, Artpop is just not a good era so far. Maybe Act 2 can save it

The visuals? We've only got two MV's and while Applause not be as interesting as others like Paparazzi, Telephone and Marry The Night it is still a good video! And G.U.Y. Is considered by many to be one of her best yet. And the performances aren't slacking at all! SXSW had people talking, SWINEFEST had people talking, Jingle Bell Ball is one of her best short conerts, Applause live at The VMA's may not have been as big as Miley's stupid gimmick, The DWUW AMA performance had concept and vocals executed perfectly, DWUW - featuring Xtina is one of her best vocal performances... Nothing has been slacking in terms of visuals nor perforamnces. And I'm pretty f--king sure that if ACT II does well you and many others in this chart obsessed fanbase will call it a masterpeice. It's the most disappointing thing to know that all the old fans are such b---hes when it comes to new art. She is still just as talented... She may not be generating as much hit singles but she is still the greatest in the pop biz! I would've thought the old fans would be the proudest to see Gaga who used to perform at small award shows and stuff sell out Madison square Garden and be the most powerful muscian in the biz (according to a 2013 forbes story) but nope all they do is complain and say stuff like "I miss TFM. She was perfect in TF. ARTPOP is a huge flop. BTW comes off to strong." Fucking get over it.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

you maybe should think about just hiding under a rock for the next year or two until Gaga puts out another album then.

The "disasters" are caused by "fan" ( using the term loosely) expectations more than anything Gaga has done.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Sorry if my post confused you. As an American citizen, English is actually my first language and I re-read my post and it appears easy to understand to me so perhaps English isn't your first language which is fine. I've tried learning other languages and i suck at it lol. I wasn't calling you a hater fan and I apologize if I struck a nerve. I'm sure you are a loyal fan. I just, kindly, disagree with you. No harm there. I'd suggest in the future to be more polite tho. It's way more classy.

Oh I wasn't trying to insult you I was just confused cause the post was rambling and didn't seem connected to what I said, it can be hard to pick up on intent through text though :)

That J

Why do we really care about the chart performance? Of course we want our Lady to be the biggest star in the world but why do we focus so strongly on charts? ARTPOP has sold over 2 million copies worldwide and the tour will have a big impact on sales. Bookmark me. I just like the music. I'm just glad there's someone in pop land doing their thing and not giving a ****. That's not even pop. It's punk! And I love that personally

Oh I wasn't trying to insult you I was just confused cause the post was rambling and didn't seem connected to what I said, it can be hard to pick up on intent through text though :)

My post was rambling? I was simply trying to cover things and connect them as best I could. All apologies if it bored you

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Benji

Calling this user a mess and telling them to leave is far ruder than what they have posted.

You can't fight a negative opinion with even worse negativity. Practice what you preach.

That J

My final word on this nonsensical drama? Love ARTPOP. Like ARTPOP. Hate ARTPOP. Do what you want, what ya want with the album. I can only speak for me. I love it. I love it more than her previous work and I'm excited about the future of her work. I'm thrilled to have LMZ tickets to artRAVE in Dallas. SO excited!!! It saddens me that some fellow monsters are disappointed. I get what ya mean but seasons change. Yin yang. This album and era will eventually come full circle and it'll be good. The artRAVE will change everything!!! Bet!! While I agree to disagree with some fellow fans...I honestly send *hugs* to you all. ;). Xo

shane_c

Gaga's aim with this album was to bring Art into Pop and she's lived to see it considering Beyoncé, Lorde and Lana all consider their videos and music to be 'art'. 

I think its the opposite. Thats what The Fame was about: Andy Warhol, "pop culture will never be low brow"... Thats one of the reasons I became a fan, because I thought one of her messages was that "pop culture IS art" and that she wasn't a snob. But ARTPOP sort of turns that on its head. ARTPOP seems to be saying pop culture isn't good enough and that "real art" (Koons, Abramovic, Boticelli...) needs to be promoted/taught to the public. Thats why I think this album didn't do as well. The music is good, its just that the ARTPOP theme is a turnoff. 

That J

Calling this user a mess and telling them to leave is far ruder than what they have posted.

You can't fight a negative opinion with even worse negativity. Practice what you preach.

This tbh. We may not always agree but at least we are all passionate!! That means we have feeling and there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

Interludicrous

MillieBrown you are such a negative b---h omg... All you have done is bash this bloody album and era. I've seen your threads are all revolved around bashing her lately. Get over yourself tbh. Some of us like what's happening. If you don't then go be a KatyCat or a Mariah Carey fan or what ever because ARTPOP has just begun girl and we have a tour and possible continuation to look forward to. And I'm refering to fans who actually appretiate all Gaga's work not just TFM and TF. Bye b---h :later:

I don't agree with the OP either but this comment is simply rude. We should respect eachothers opinion, and if you don't want to read negative posts you can skip this thread just as easily as the OP can 'go be a KatyCat'.

Back on topic: we can't control Gaga's carreer and we shouldn't try to. I don't enjoy ARTPOP as much as other albums, but I still love Gaga as a person and artist. So I focus on the stuff I do like, revisit some older material and just fantasize about what the future might hold for this fanbase. There's no use in focussing on the stuff you don't like, because both Gaga as well as other artists have a lot of amazing stuff for you to enjoy.

Ladle Ghoulash

You could literally log out and not come back till 2015 or whenever it's over. Really not hard

Interludicrous

:yes:

MonsterOfSpain

I like it  :ohno:

eww.....

Gaga spawned two top 20 hits with ARTPOP sold 2.7 million albums ww. so yea,,,, sure shes not sucessful as Katy or Beyonce. But what she did with the Fame Monster and Born This Way Katy and Beyonce cant touch

***3 top 15 hits

Archived