Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

Bad Monster Kid

I'm so excited to hear it on radio in Chicago. I would be shocked if the two Top 40 stations here don't add it by Tuesday.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where can Gaga perform?

Nowhere tbh. People need to think about stuff before they post it. How's a performance going to help when it's so low on iTunes and has radio support so small? That was one of the biggest (not the biggest :teehee: ) complaints about the DWUW era in this thread :toofunny: 

Bad Monster Kid

Ellen and Wendy :toofunny:

No to Wendy. She has been throwing too much shade the last year. I stopped watching because of it.

Stefani328

The denial :toofunny:

Of course music should cater to at least ONE audience. Why are Happy and Blurred Lines the biggest radio hits of all time? Not because they're just good songs, it's because Mainstream Rhythmic, Rhythmic AC, Mainstream Top40, Hot AC, AC, Urban, Urban AC play their music. That's all. Rolling in the Deep smashed because it appealed to so many formats, instead of the urban formats it appealed to more alternative formats and was more appealing to the AC/HAC audience than Happy for example. Rolling in the Deep appeals to lots of demographics. Poker Face smashed because it was so fresh from a fresh artist, and appealed so well (perhaps better than any other song) to the Pop audience.

The album is for the biggest part for teenagers and young adults, while the description Gaga gives for the album is for art students and 40+ people, and the lyrics of a big part of the album aren't appealing to anybody but Gaga's fans and herself. The music is way too diverse too, she has a song that only (with exceptions, of course) appeals to a rap audience, J&D. DWUW is a mainstream R&B song, DOPE is an emotional ballad about d--g addiction. There's only a handful of people to which this album is appealing. That's a HUGE factor as to why this album is doing bad.

Mess at you thinking she never catered towards a specific audience. The Fame, TFM were both catered towards the two bolted demographics while BTW was more catered towards a smaller audience (homos-xuals, but also more appealing to older matured people). ARTPOP fails at catering to a specific audience (or multiple, which makes the album have the potential to be as big as 21 or a song to be as big as Blurred Lines or Happy).

:tea:  :tea:

Nowhere tbh. People need to think about stuff before they post it. How's a performance going to help when it's so low on iTunes and has radio support so small? That was one of the biggest (not the biggest :teehee: ) complaints about the DWUW era in this thread :toofunny:

I dont get it, u say a tv performance wont help? Why??

very goood lyric video's, at least

4,6M views now, quite okay tbh for a lyric video. Didn't Applause get the same?

Judging by the comment sections it's mostly American casual fans watching it, I think Birthday has a chance to enter the Top 100 next week.

MonsterMum

No to Wendy. She has been throwing too much shade the last year. I stopped watching because of it.

Yes I was just messing but tbh there is nothing going on atm.

She did 2 late night shows, she's done radio interviews, been twice on the biggest morning show. There are no performances yet on talent shows. MTV movie awards already been confirmed with other artists. It's a dead end atm.

VforVendetta

With DWUW we had different aims though, we wanted thr single to enter top 10. Now we need the single to get introduced to the public. I couldn't care less if it will fall a lot after it, it won't land lower than its now and the song will take off much quicker.

I dont get it, u say a tv performance wont help? Why??

Because it'll go ~#50 on iTunes and the next day it'll stabilize at like #200. Nobody will notice it. If it's already Top 40, it'll go Top 20 and stabilize in the Top 30 which is noticeable.

ViviLittleM

Judging by the comment sections it's mostly American casual fans watching it, I think Birthday has a chance to enter the Top 100 next week.

Yes, with more US views than G.U.Y's video :toofunny:

chris777

Capitol just need to put Katy to perform Birthday and even if its a bad performance it will be flying up on iTunes

Archived