• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

Lion Heart

^ :nasty:

Lots of News Today, here we go

*EMILIA CLARKE (DAENERYS) INTERVIEWED BY GLAMOUR ENTERTAINMENT

When 24-year-old Emilia Clarke found out she’d been cast in HBO’s cult fantasy hit Game of Thrones, she was thrilled…and a little petrified. “It was like, Great, I’m getting my dream job! Wait a secondâ€â€I have to have my boobs out all the time?†says the British actress about her oft-nude character, Daenerys Targaryen, an exiled princess who’s vying for control of a warring world. Now Clarke’s the pinup girl for fantasy nerds everywhere. “My hair is brown, and Daenerys is a blond, so that allows me to hide!†Clarke says. Game of Thrones’ first season was capped by a thrilling final scene in which Daenerys emerged from ashes, breast-feeding one of her three baby dragons (yes, it was as crazy and fabulous as it sounds). “The dragons were CGI, so I was just butt naked on a cliff, with a brightly colored toy in one hand and dots painted all over me. I had to use my imagination for that one.â€

The show returns April 1, and great news: “In season two, I get to wear clothes!†says Clarke. “I’m super happy.â€

*DIY INTERVIEWS MICHELLE FAIRLEY (CATELYN STARK)

We were lucky enough to be part of an intimate and entertaining day of roundtable interviews last week with the cast of Game of Thrones. In the first of our interviews we speak to the wonderful Michelle Fairley.

Making a huge impression as Lady Catelyn Stark of Winterfell, she has also appeared in Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part One as Hermione Granger's mum and has a long and varied career in the theatre.

Spoiler warning if you haven’t seen Season One of Game of Thrones.

Why does Catelyn focus her hatred on Jon Snow when it's Ned who betrayed her?

That's one of the many aspects about Catelyn that I was fascinated by. She, on the surface, seems to be this incredibly loyal, honorable (woman) from a noble family who acts in the right way but the one thing she cannot control is this absolute hatred that she has for Jon Snow. She allows him to be in her family but it's almost like it eats away at her and she can't control it. She doesn't take it out on Ned she displaces it entirely and takes it out on Jon Snow because it's the whole thing of looking at Ned and seeing that he betrayed her. And it's not being able to deal with that betrayal and the manifestation is Jon Snow.

What do you think about the evolution of Catelyn, from wife and mother to leader?

Well she has to take on that role, reluctantly I think. She doesn't ever set out to be that I don't think she ever wants to be Queen or whatever, she's quite happy to be the wife and the mother that's her main role. She runs a very happy Winterfell, she's very happy as a mother, both of them parent well, the children seem extremely happy and they have good morals. I think when she goes south to warn Ned about the dagger and who it could be, she's observed men for years and years and in that society that's how it goes. And she's not a coward, she's actually somebody who's got all those qualities inside her but she's never had to utilise them in that way until she's on the way back from Kings Landing and suddenly Tyrion Lannister walks into the bar. So she's acting on instinct there. She has sense of right and wrong, she has a moral compass and she wants that man to pay for what he has done to her son. Little does she know what she's opening up at that point. That catapults her on a different trajectory and then she keeps going. Then she loses her husband, I think all of these different things which happen to her just add to her strength.

With Ned's death I think at that point, which I find very interesting, is they don't have the big emotional breakdown scene which you would expect because basically she can't indulge that, she has to keep going or I think she would collapse and she can't because she has children to think of. It's almost like the grief that she has for Ned is the energy she requires to keep going, to propel her forward to get revenge actually.

What did you use as a reference to get into the fantasy world?

I do a lot of theatre, a lot of Shakespeare, Ibsen, Chekov, Sartre you name it - all the comedies! I think whatever way you're approaching a character like that you have to come at it from a base point of view from a humane (way) they're real people and the boys, David (Benioff) and Dan (Wiess) and the other writers plot that journey very clearly. So for me I understand the reasons, I understand the causes, I understand the reveals, the simmering points and the explosions when they can. Also the games of power and she starts to play that. She starts to think more like a man and starts to play a man's game.

She's a Lady Macbeth type of character isn't she?

She has qualities of strength, depending on how you see a Lady Macbeth character. She isn't after power like Lady Macbeth is, she has a sense of right and wrong and she wants revenge for her husband’s death and she wants her children back.

What do you think is the global attraction of Game or Thrones?

It's character driven which is one of the main strengths so you get to know in episodes 1 & 2 of season one - which Tim van Patten directed - they give you time to get to know these people, they give you time to get to know their world, how it works, the intrigues, the deceits, the lies. The goodness as well, how people exist, their moral basis. If you strip away what genre it is, it could be a very contemporary, modern (piece). It could be today because of the issues these people are dealing with. I think it's very human, people can understand, viewers can identify with these people and the struggle that they have and the dilemmas, the quandaries. It's intriguing, it's about power and wealth and how you abuse that. And also the weakness that lies behind someone who is that power driven and that mad and nobody is who they seem in this series. You think you know what you're getting but actually you don't.

I think the crew and the art department, the costume people have done wonderfully. They have created an entire world. Your costumes, the jewellery, the armour, the sigils, the sets. You walk onto set and you're completely engulfed in a world. If a raven flies in and you're handed a scroll it's written on beautiful parchment paper, it's got a stamped sigil on it, someone's done the calligraphy for it. Everything you have there is of that world, it's beautiful the detail is wonderful.

It enables you. You walk in feeling you're already a part of it. If there's a banquet the food's real. Everything is real, the fires are all real if there's a spit then there's the real animal on it. The attention to detail is there. Like when Bran is ill in bed and I'm burning incense, that is proper incense it's not just smoke it actually smells of churches, it's wonderful.

It's an absolute delight to go to work on something like this it really is. The quality and production is something you dream of. That's HBO for you and the quality of people they have working for them, the craftsmanship. So it's lovely, I feel very privileged to be involved in it. Very much so.

Have you read the books?

I started when I heard I'd got the part and I of course went straight in and then I found I was getting too far ahead, I was having too much information too soon so I pulled back a bit. What I do now is I read a book per series.

So you felt this knowledge affected how you play Catelyn?

Yes very much so. It's fine if it's history, if it's about her history with Littlefinger for example. If your character is aware of it then that's absolutely a given that you should know that. But if there's other intrigue that the character is not yet aware of well then I don't think I should know that yet because it could affect how you play it, it could.

Do you know where Catelyn will end up?

I do know, because most people tell me. I think her journey's fantastic, which I love actually. The heartbreaking thing about her is her one goal is to get her children back together again and that's all she wants and she'll do anything for that.

Someone described Catelyn as a "momma-bear." Is that an accurate description?

Aw that's nice. She is like one of the direwolves, she is basically. She has teeth.

What do work on when you aren't filming Game of Thrones?

I've just finished a play, Huit Clos, which is a Jean-Paul Sartre which was a nice little light piece! That was for the Donmar. I started rehearsal for that in December and I finished about 3 weeks ago and then I did some filming for Channel 4.

You hope that you continue to work. I can't really do theatre when I'm filming because filming is six months, you may not be on every day or every week for six months but it means you have to travel to go to a different country. So you can't be doing theatre in London if you're meant to be filming in Belfast or wherever.

We're in a very wonderful position to know that we have that chunk of work per year anyway but it's also a plus if you can utilise the other six months which is brilliant and sometimes you can and sometimes the dates clash so you just have to go, "I'm on first call to HBO and that's it." I'm very lucky to have the job.

What are your thoughts on the second season?

I think it's wonderful, that's all I can tell you. I'm not allowed to talk about it. Sorry, sorry sorry! Don't shoot the messenger! I think you're going to be amazed actually, you're gonna be absolutely amazed by season two, it just looks incredible and there are lots of new characters.

How do you feel about shooting in Northern Ireland?

It's fantastic because a lot of the locations are places that I know particularly well which I think adds to the nature of how comfortable or uncomfortable you feel in that environment because Catelyn isn't originally from the north but she lives in the north and has lived in the north for a long time so she would know it very well and that's the sort of relationship I have with Ireland. I know it, I've lived there. A lot of the locations that we went to or have used in the second season are places that I grew up in.

Have you become something of a tour guide to the rest of the cast?

Usually you're travelling there at like 4 o'clock in the morning and it's pitch dark so the only thing you can see are the other car lights. It looks amazing though, they've really utilised the north-coast and it just looks stunning actually, so beautiful.

Do you get recognised by fans?

I don't read any of the internet stuff at all. I avoid that completely, for various reasons. I don't read reviews either. I prefer to just go by my gut. In America you get recognised a lot in the strangest, weirdest places. I think it's more widely watched in America than it is over here but you do get stared at a lot. But because you're not in costume they're not really sure. I did (get recognised) on Sunday evening after a very late night on Saturday. I had a big hat on and I was in a supermarket and this young lovely girl from Denmark came flying up to me going, "excuse me are you Catelyn Stark?" "Oh God you bloody recognised me looking like this!" It's incredible, I'm delighted for the production because it deserves to have such a wide audience because it's so, I think, wonderful.

It's going to get worse as the series progresses. You'll have to wear bigger hats!

I'll just allow my hair to grow greyer and greyer! Then get it dyed every season.

Game of Thrones The Complete Season One is available on DVD and Blu-ray from March 5th.

Catelyn Tully- Master of Disguise :nacho:

*WHATCULTURE! INTERVIEWS NIKOLAJ C. WALDEU (JAIME LANNISTER)

Last week I attended a round-table interview with some of the cast and producers of HBO’s award winning new series Game of Thrones. They were in town for the press launch of the Season 1 DVD/Blu-ray which actually hits stores today and we reviewed it HERE. We are also giving away copies of the release HERE.

In the lead up to the Season 2 Premier on April 1st, we will be posting the series of interviews to wet your appetites for what will surely be another monumental season.

First up is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the charismatic Danish actor who plays Jaime Lannister, a controversial character because of his incestuous relationship with his twin sister Cersei (Lena Headey). Like all Lannisters’ he’s a bit of a villain, but he has no care for the politics of the realm – he’d much rather be soldiering.

Please note the interview was from a roundtable session and not all questions were asked by WhatCulture….

Q: Tell me, how did you get involved in this series?

Nikolaj: Well I was in Los Angeles, this was two years ago, and I had a meeting with Dan Weiss, David Benioff and Carolyn Strauss where they told me about this pilot. I didn’t know anything about George Martin’s books but they just described this character and this world and I just thought it was really interesting and then I read the pilot script of episode one and when it came to the last scene where you find Jaime with Cersei and Bran and he pushes the kid out the window and he says, “the things I do for love,†I thought wow, this is fantastic! It’s such a great place to start for a character; it’s so dark and twisted. And then I auditioned and that was it.

Q: And did you read the book afterwards?

Nikolaj: I read the book after yeah, which was great because it was great to have read the scripts before, so the book would inform what I knew from the scripts. I still do that today; I will read the scripts first, because that’s my focus. I mean the first season was very close, very loyal to the books but because of the nature of the books that follow, there are some tough choices they (Producers) will have to make because the books are so big, so I like to focus on the TV Jaime.

Q: Why do you think you were chosen for the part of Jaime? Can you relate to him?

Nikolaj: Well you’ll have to ask them (Producers) why I was chosen. I can relate to Jaime. For a lot of the characters I think that’s why they’ve been so well received because they are human and I think for Jaime if you say incest, you think, “Oh no that’s children being abused and it’s just wrong,†but then you think about someone who’s in love with a person who they really shouldn’t be in love with. I think a lot of people have had moments in their life where they’ve fancied someone that they shouldn’t and then you just build on that. Like a friends girlfriend or something like that, you don’t want to do that but you can build on it. Anyway I can relate to Jaime at the core what I think is having to deal with people’s pre-conceived opinions about you, like how you walk into a room and you meet someone and they already have a view of you. They know who you are. I don’t know about you but I find that so annoying. Of course for Jaime it’s extreme because for him because in a way his finest hour was when he killed the Mad King and became the Kingslayer and instead he’s been hated for that and he thinks, “hang on a second, what’s going on here.†As I said I can understand him, I don’t feel that I resemble him at all but I can understand and I think that’s interesting.

Q: What has been the public’s reaction to the incest theme? What feedback have you received?

Nikolaj: Well I think most people just go… “Eurrgggh, that’s weird! I don’t want to have s-x with my sister aarrggh… unless they look like Lena Headey!†(chuckles) No it’s like again, most people find it pretty disgusting, as do I, just the idea, the thought of it. But its not that many years ago that it was kind of normal especially in royal families that you would marry cousins. The families would stay together and keep the blood within. We even have it in this show where the other family, the Targaryen’s, would marry brother and sister so… it’s a story… and I think within this world it makes sense.

Q: The show’s become enormously successful, are the fans quite obsessed with it, do they know every last detail?

Nikolaj: Some do I mean I think the vast majority of people watch the show as you watch any other show and you get excited about it but then there are fans that are very knowledgeable about the world and have read all the books. They recognize all the littlest, tiniest changes but that’s great. I went to the Comic Con in San Diego where we met a lot of the fans and it was great, they’re very passionate. Some people are passionate about bird watching and these people are passionate about television shows and comic books.

Q: During the first season there were a lot of villains, but if the books are anything to go by, this season the characters will become more complex. What can you tell us about that?

Nikolaj: Well what I think is interesting with show for example is that in Season 1 you had the Stark family being like the hero family, the victims of this brutal world but as you find out about how Robert Baratheon came to power, it was with the help of Ned Stark. Now the only way to get the throne is if you take it by force, and that meant there were families that we might not have met before but we might learn about in Season 2. Whole families that were killed by the Starks so I mean its not all black and white and basically I think at the end of the day its quite obvious that it’s a story about what power does to people and how unhealthy it is to have all the power in one person. Where we ended Season 1 we had the little boy devil Joffrey and you can imagine what kind of a world that is when you have someone like that on the throne. I just saw the first two episodes of Season 2 and its very good… but now we’re talking about Season 1 right?

Q: You don’t live in the US. Is it hard for a European actor to get parts in US productions?

Nikolaj: Yes, well yes and no. I have a family, I have kids, and we have talked about if it makes sense to move to Los Angeles but it’s never been a real choice because first of all, most American movies they don’t shoot in L.A. so the idea of having a family just to sit there while I go to Toronto makes no sense. But also I’m a European, and there is a difference. I love going to America but I also love to come home and for us I think it’s important to have a base that we can kind of recognize. But you question was, is it harder? Maybe? I don’t know but it’s also hard for my friends that live in L.A. It’s a very hard place to be if you’re not working because you’re reminded constantly about your inability to get a job.

Q: What are the biggest difference between working on a European production and an American one?

Nikolaj: Well I don’t think there is that much difference. Not in the work, that’s the same. The difference is always more the scale of things whether you do something with a low, low budget and minimal crew or whether you go and do something like Game of Thrones, which is just massive in scale, but the actual work, it’s really the same. I think on some American productions I’ve worked on there were a lot of people, I mean there’s a lot of people working there, the crews are bigger than in Europe but still at the end of the day you have a camera and you have someone in front of it and you shoot that.

Q: Would you say Game of Thrones is the biggest production you’ve worked on then?

Nikolaj: Actually the biggest difference I’ve ever had was on a French movie, it was called 24 Hours in the Life of a Woman with a director called Laurent Bouhnik. We shot that and at lunch they would have like an hour lunch, and it would be beautifully set up, silverware and the whole thing and wine at all the tables. You would have a proper set up it was very cool. When you did night shoots half the crew was a little drunk! (laughter) No they weren’t, they weren’t, they weren’t I’m kidding! It was an amazing experience but yeah also almost ten years ago I did a movie called Black Hawk Down that was also really big but this (Game of Thrones) I think is bigger because this Season there was two full sized crews working at the same time in different countries. It’s vast. I don’t know how they do it to be honest because as you know there’s so many characters and they all have to be dressed, every extra has to be dressed I mean just the costumes alone, it’s insane! So yes, this is the biggest.

Q: What projects have you been working on since Game of Thrones?

Nikolaj: I’ve just shot a film before Christmas called Mama, an American film it was kind of a ghost story with an Argentinean director called Andres Muschietti and the actress Jessica Chastain and now I have a part in a movie called Oblivion with um, it’s a new up-and-coming actor what’s his name… Tom Cruise! (chuckles) and Morgan Freeman, which is a small part but I can’t wait because that’s going to be a big sci-fi/action!

Q: When you sign up for a show like Game of Thrones do you have to sign up for six years? Is that true?

Nikolaj: Ahh, you’ve really scared me now! Yeah I think so, yeah I’m sure. I hope it goes for six years it would be great. The thing about it, unlike these network shows where you work 9 months a year, on Game of Thrones these first two seasons I’ve been able to do other work. Even if you are working everyday it’s only for four or five months. But at the core of it I really, really enjoy doing Game of Thrones, it’s a great bunch of people so I’ll take six years anytime!

Q: Is it hard for you then to switch to other roles whilst you’re still working on Game of Thrones?

Nikolaj: No I don’t think so no. I can’t speak for other actors but for me it’s not really a problem. I think I have all my mental capacity… I don’t stay in character; I can let go of them. It’s a great, great job but I don’t carry Jaime Lannister around with me… at all.

Q: Would you like to act in another fantasy series like Game of Thrones?

Nikolaj: I’d like to act in anything that is well written because it’s so much easier. People would ask, “what’s the hardest thing to do?†But I don’t think it’s hard when the scripts and the characters are so well developed as they are on Game of Thrones. It’s only hard when you do something that is not clear or if the director asks you to do something that’s not on the page. That’s when you see bad acting. It happens to all of us, that’s when you go “oh I thought that actor was supposed to be really good, why is he so terrible there,†well it’s because it doesn’t make sense, what he does. So yes, if it’s well written. Absolutely.

Q: So you haven’t had any of those issues on Game of Thrones?

Nikolaj: (looks over shoulder) NO! (laughter) no, no it’s been really good. It’s been really good.

Keep your eyes peeled as we post more of the interviews in the days leading up to the Season 2 Premier on April 1st. For our top 10 reasons to watch Season 2, read here:

http://whatculture.c...es-season-2.php

On March 5th (6th in US) you can also pick up the Season 1 DVD/Blu-ray set, which I highly recommend. For our full review of that, read here:

http://whatculture.c...-experience.php

*Adding more interviews*

Edited by King
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

*2nd INTERVIEW WITH (JAIME LANNISTER) @ SERIESLIVE.COM (Translated)

L ondon, February 29.

It was at the Soho Hotel that part of the cast and production of the HBO series event received journalists from around the world for the release of the first season on DVD and Blu-Ray comes a month before launching the second season in the United States. The opportunity for players to return to the world imagined by the writer George RR Martin and the television adaptation driven by creators David Benioff and DB Weiss. Throughout the month of March, you will discover six major interviews with four other international journalists.

: The success of Lord of the Rings film helped popularize the fantasy on the screen. Since then, many projects are linked with a real demand from the public, how do you explain that?

Nikolaj :

After the success of the saga, Hollywood has tried to ride the wave and has produced many films, most of whom are of average quality.

Les moyens techniques ont évolué très rapidement et ont permis de rendre ces univers imaginaires crédibles à l'écran.

The technical means have evolved very quickly and helped make these imaginary worlds believable on screen.

à la télévision, c'était encore plus difficile.

On television, it was even harder.

Xena la guerrière n'avaient pas la moitié du budget alloué par HBO pour Game of Thrones , et pour être honnête on le voit à l'écran.

Des séries comme

Series like Xena had not half the budget allocated for HBO Game of Thrones , and to be honest we see on the screen.

Après il ne faut pas oublier que même si nous bénéficions d'un budget conséquent, il n'a pas été évident de créer le monde de Westeros et les équipes techniques font un travail formidable.

After it is important to remember that even if we have a large budget, it was not obvious to create the world of Westeros and technical teams do a great job.

Q: In your opinion, what differentiates Game of Thrones other productions of the genre?

Nikolaj :

Nikolaj: I think everyone would agree that this show is really different.

While the world around them is nothing real management of the characters is really successful.

It attaches to them, we can understand their decisions and actions.

They are real human beings.

Q :

Q: Had you read the books before becoming part of the adventure?

Nikolaj: Not at all. knew absolutely nothing about the universe before being contacted for the series.

!

I had to do one of the few people who never heard of George RR Martin!

(rires)

Two years ago in Los Angeles, I met the creators Db Weiss and David Benioff and Carolyn Strauss [executive co-producer of the series, editor's note] to me first about the history, the character Jaime Lannister.

I read the first script and I was blown away by the power of the last scene with Bran Stark.

Once the hearing is over and after getting the role, I decided to read the book.

Q : Juste

Q: Exactly what was your reaction when Jaime Bran pushes the top of the tower?

Nikolaj: I thought: "Wow! There, it gets really exciting!"

(rires).

(Laughs). One feels that Jaime is not pleased by this gesture, he knows, as soon as he saw Bran, he will have to do and know the consequences. Yet there is this nonchalance, very characteristic of the character when he says "the things I do for love". The viewer soon discovers that the children of King Robert and Cersei are biological father Jaime and we now understand his choice: save his love, his children, at any price.

Q: And have you continued reading the other books?

Nikolaj: No, but I know the rest.

It is not obvious to know everything to play a character. We always tend to consider the history of the character, or should just break away, because some events have not yet taken place and can influence us.

Q: What do you think of Jaime?

Nikolaj: It does not change a lot during the season, but we will discover new aspects of his home during the second season. It's very interesting, because when we met him in the first episode, it clearly identifies as THE villain.

Q: In the first volume, Jaime Lannister is not one of the narrators of the story. How did you work on this character who is described only by the opinions of others?

Nikolaj: Bryan Cogman , which is one of the writers of the series, knows everything about the universe inside out. He has written for each character a little bible to whether we all know the story of our characters and their characters.

Q: In the fantasy genre, more than any other kind, perhaps with science fiction fans are very attached to their favorite work: they know the least stage and sometimes react harshly if a piece of history n ' is not transcribed on the screen. How do you feel?

Nikolaj: I see a very positive way

They have a real passion for this world and I totally understand.

My passion is to be an actor. I could go on all night, and you would find it terribly boring by asking you why I'm so obsessed!

(rires)

Last year I had the chance to go for the first time at Comic-Con in San Diego

It was crazy and very touching to see thousands of people come from around the world to satisfy their passion with a mindset ultrapositif

We were all surprised to see how the adaptation was well received and appreciated, despite some liberties taken with respect to books. I think the presence of George RR Martin and his involvement in the project has somehow erased all fears. Fans have known how to love the show and consider it as such.

Q: Filming the second season is over, if HBO renews the series, is expected when filming the third season? Would you still be as enthusiastic to continue the series?

Nikolaj: For season three, if HBO gives the green light, the resumption of filming is scheduled for July 1. You know, this is a great pleasure to be part of such an adventure. I have already participated in several major network series for U.S. [ New Amsterdam and without a pilot Virtuality command, note], it was not unpleasant, but it commits you to at least nine months and one can hardly participate in other projects. With Game of Thrones , I've done two movies and a season before Christmas Mama I turned to Canada in full season 2! If ever my character is part of Season 3, I do not want spoilers, do not shoot that will take me 4 or 5 months

In addition, the team is fantastic and we all get along really well. It is a pleasure to work with them and with such freedom.

Q: There are many s-x scenes in the series, some players hate running, others find the exercise fun, do you mind?

Nikolaj: It's always weird.

(rires).

I do not really take any pleasure, but after all depends on the scene. When you have to turn completely naked, I'm really uncomfortable. We can not be more exposed front of the viewer!

It is there, standing or lying down, naked, a whole film crew looks at you, you have no idea of the camera angle. We must succeed, and it is very difficult to ignore his own body and think it is that of Jaime, and this, the viewer is never done! He no longer sees the role, but the actor and his body. I keep thinking about what they can think of mine, Shame to admit that, everyone was amazed and impressed with some scenes of Michael Fassbender !

(rires)

(Laughs)

Q: Did you meet George RR Martin?

Nikolaj: Yes. It was really intimidating. I did not know what to say.The only question that came to mind, "Will I die?" Has not been answered. We understand that.

Q: Finally, are you surprised by the success of the series?

Nikolaj: Absolutely. We did not think that the series would take on such a scale in the first season. We were happy with the work done, and it was seen as an introduction and hope went even further if HBO gave us a second season. We have had and we really hope she will delight the audience as the first!

*NORTHERN NOISE INTERVIEWS KIT HARINGTON (JON SNOW)

TV shows don’t get any more violent, s-x-filled and treacherous than HBO’s epic Game of Thrones. They also don’t get any more Northern. Brit powerhouse Sean Bean heads up a stellar cast of old and new Northern faces who spend the majority of the show’s ballsy first series prepping for a bloody-battle with the South. With the show available to buy on DVD and Blu-ray as of today, we caught up with famous face Kit Harington, AKA the valiant warrior and bastard son Jon Snow, for a quick chat. Check out the Q+A below where Kit talks about the challenges of playing Jon, the physical demands that came with the role and even spills some titillating details of what we can expect when the show returns this spring…

What originally attracted you to the role of Jon Snow?

I think it was two and half years ago that I got the pilot through and it’s weird now thinking about reading it because I know what happens in the story and I know Jon’s story, but when I originally read it it was quite a bizarre script and it took some getting your head around but initially the character was all there and I was just attracted to it from the word go. It was just one of those scripts where you go ‘I can do this and I want to do this’ and you get excited by it and it was a HBO script which I was also pretty excited about.

The books have been out for a while. Was it harder going into the project knowing Jon’s character arc?

Yeah, I mean I love how we have source materials to work from, I love the fact that there’s these books behind the series. Some people don’t want to know where there character goes or know anything about the original source material but I loved it. I had it all there in a book in front of me, so I poured over the book for a long time trying to figure him out. But yeah, there’s a point when you can rely on the original material too much and you have to look at the script more and just try to focus on where he is in the first series at the start of the story.

So yeah, it had its issues but at the same time I think it was useful to refer back to George’s (RR Martin, Author) books and try to get an interpretation that’s good for a TV script and an interpretation that’s for the book. They can be slightly different at times but if you put the two together you come up with your own take on him.

Series one hints that Jon is destined for big things. Does this add pressure on your portrayal of him?

I think it’s more exciting than anything else. Again, when I read that first pilot, even having not read the books you could see he has that mystery about him. There’s the question of his mother, he was singled out from his family as the bastard child and he finds this white wolf as appose to all these other wolves. So there’s that thing about him that sets him apart slightly and of course as the series goes on he goes off and has his own story arc and it does feel like there’s bigger things to come from him and I think there is. He has a great story but as far as the pressure goes I just like it. I like that there’s a lot riding on him but there is pressure in that there are fans out there who know who he is and have big ideas about what he is and what he should be so it’s about trying to live up to those expectations and also maintain a mystery about him and an excitement about him but not get too far ahead of yourself so you’ve got an arc to carry on with. So not a whole load of pressure, I just enjoy it.

It looks like quite a physical role, did you enjoy that side of things?

I always really enjoyed sword fighting at drama school and I love stage fighting and if I can do a stunt in the show I want to do it myself, if they’ll let me and I’m insured to do it. Sometimes you just can’t do everything, but yeah all the sword fighting we did and all the horse riding…I’d never ridden a horse before so that was a new thing for me. I find with the physical work you lose yourself far easier because you’re not trying to think as much you just kind of go with it. I enjoyed getting into the thick of it.

How loyal is it to the second novel?

The original idea was that the first book is the first series, the second book is the second series and so on. That’s still the case but it’s always going to be an adaptation, so the writers are making clear that. Whereas the first book is the first series, it drifts, there are blurred lines between the books and the TV series and that will continue to happen. So bits of the third book will bleed into the second and so on and it may get more adapative at it goes on but that’s how you have to do it if you want to make a thrilling TV series as well as staying true to the books. You have to make sure people know it’s an adaptation rather than a strict telling and there are more added scenes that weren’t in the books and there’s more scenes that have been taken away and characters that have been taken away. We come out with a nice middle ground hopefully.

What’s in store for Jon in season 2?

At the end of season one we see that he’s definitely not going to join The Fray down with his brother and down South where all the political turmoil’s going on and the wars are happening. We see that he’s heading out North beyond The Wall. So his story gets more and more isolated from the rest of the story whereas in the first season we did see him interact with his family and his brother, now he’s further away from that. It was stranger this season because it was almost like we were doing this separate TV series. It’s a bit like Viserys story line across the Narrow Sea, where two very separate stories go on.

Season one had loads of s-x and violence, does season 2 top that?

Yeah, it does. I thought that and then I read the end of episode one. It gets really dark, of course before it was dark but now we’re going into war and what war and battle means in this world and it’s a whole new thing. Before you had battles and incest and you had some really graphic s-x scenes, anyone who was offended by the first season really isn’t going to enjoy the second. I’m not sure if it gets worse, it just carries on very much in the same vein. It’s a very graphic world, it’s a graphic novel that George has written and we wanted to be true to that and make this world as vivid and as shocking as we could and it carries on. There’s more s-x, there’s more violence, there’s more blood!

Is there anything in particular from season two that you’d tell fans to look out for?

Yeah, without spoiling any particular scene because I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who hasn’t read the books. Essentially all of my stuff was filmed in Iceland and we were filming in such stunning locations whereas before things were shot in Belfast. Any snowy area we had to fake snow, any big land mark was CGI – this is all real and that’s why I’m really excited about my part of the storyline in the second season. We were on location the whole time, there was no studio stuff at all. So I think the things you can look forward to are Jon finally gets to meet a girl, she’s an actress called Rose Leslie and she’s fantastic. There’s a whole host of new actors who come on across the board during the show like Stephen Dillane and Carice Van Houten that you’re going to be able to invest in new characters, while you lost Sean Bean you’ve now got Stephen Dillane, it’s a new story from the start. It asks you to invest in a whole host of new characters but from what I’ve heard and what I know they do a terrific job and it’s going to be very exciting.

*SCIFiNOW INTERVIEWS GWENDOLINE CHRISTIE (BRIENNE) :legend:

As one of the newcomers to Season 2 of Game Of Thrones, Gwendoline Christie, who plays one of the knights in Renly Baratheon’s retinue, is stepping right into the fire, as Westeros hurtles further and further into outright warfare.

“[There's] masses of action scenes,†confirmed Christie at the launch party for Game Of Thrones: The Complete First Series on DVD and Blu-ray. â€There’s lots of sword fighting, lots of fighting… there’s some canoeing.â€

Christie plays Brienne of Tarth, a remarkable role even on a show like Game Of Thrones which has no shortage of strong female characters. In George RR Martin’s second book, A Clash Of Kings, Brienne is a loyal knight and fearless warrior, who holds fast to an idealised vision of knighthood almost at odds with the cynicism of the world around her, constantly forced to stand her ground against the bitter jibes of her male rivals

“I think it’s a really inspirational character to have on a programme of this type,†agrees Christie, “because there hasn’t been that sort of character in a mainstream show before, particularly one that’s defying so many gender stereotypes and hopefully it’s a very inspirational character for women.â€

Does the blu ray come with more extra features than the regular dvd? :huh:

I must know.

I know hbo likes to divide the extra features, it aggravates me :mad:

Does the blu ray come with more extra features than the regular dvd? :huh:

I must know.

I know hbo likes to divide the extra features, it aggravates me :mad:

Well, Amazon lists these as Blu-Ray exclusives

Blu-ray Exclusive Features-

Complete Guide to Westeros

In-Episode Guide

Anatomy of an Episode

Hidden Dragon Eggs

Edited by Rito

Well, Amazon lists these as Blu-Ray exclusives

ouu

omg at cheap amazon prices :omg: I looked at hbo.com and it was $70

oh but they do have blu ray exclusives. are they any good?

hm it doesnt seem like much though. but whatever I guess i'll get blu ray :lala:

Whats hidden dragon eggs? I was just imaging some photoshopped easter eggs throughout the episodes. :sad:

Lion Heart

ouumg at cheap amazon prices :omg: I looked at hbo.com and it was $70

oh but they do have blu ray exclusives. are they any good?

m it doesnt seem like much though. but whatever I guess i'll get blu ray :lala:

Whats hidden dragon eggs? I was just imaging some photoshopped easter eggs throughout the episodes. :sad:

These are the exclusives btw:

Blu-ray

- Blu-ray Complete Guide to Westeros, PLUS 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms

- In-Episode Guide

- Anatomy of an Episode

- Hidden Dragon Eggs uncover even more never-before-scene content.

- Making Game of Thrones

- Character Profiles

- Creating the Show's Opening

- From the Book to the Screen

- In Depth Look at The Night’s Watch

- Creating the Dothraki Language

- Audio Commentaries

DVD

- Complete Guide to Westeros

- Making Game of Thrones

- Character Profiles

- Creating the Show Open

- From the Book to the Screen

- The Night’s Watch

- Creating the Dothraki Language

- Audio Commentaries

I think the "Dragon eggs" are more like... metaphors you know- not literally dragon eggs randomly hidden somewhere on the screen :sweat:EDIT: I just discovered they contain audition tapes for some of the cast members :eek:

tumblr_m0iziojBAH1qfgo5mo1_250.gif

Hidden Dragon Eggs uncover even more never-before-scene content.

I have yet to pick up my box set btw :sad:

EDIT: adding this smiley here bc I really love it hAFyw.gif

EDIT2: By the way, i added a cool new gif to the front page! :party:

Edited by King

Disappeared due to school craziness. :crazy2:

But anyway, I'm not that huge of a fan of the series to watch all the previews and extras. I watched the trailer for season 2 and will definitely watch it come April, but I prefer the books more. How ironic considering the series is what got me into the books in the first place.

Speaking of which, more than halfway through Dance with Dragons and considering I have a week off, I expect to be almost done soon. :party:

Anyway, I'm very proud of the show for its Saturn nominations! Not sure if Kit or Lena deserve acting awards though. I'm very surprised Peter Dinklage didn't get nominated. But Sean Bean... :golfclap:But then again, I'm such a Sean Bean stan, so...

Lion Heart

^ There you are! Glad you're back :)

Btw everyone, this video perfectly summarizes Season 1. Volume's kind of low :nails:

Perfect summation, tbh.

Also reminded me to post random GoT pics I have. Not sure if AP, but fun to look at anyway.

251497960410778641_1GIO6VXj_f.jpg

272608583664002556_gadhE5NX_f.jpg

183240278558193768_mPRNv4kh_f.jpg

67202219409281475_SBS2WSCe_f.jpg

190910471673564924_kzUl9x5Y_f.jpg

190910471673544542_nsrlh2u1_f.jpg

190910471673544545_pS5Jv8F3_f.jpg

190910471673544556_b215qotU_f.jpg

And my personal favorite:

"After Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, I want to write a medieval fantasy for Sean Bean where he has a nice day and things go well."

190910471673544554_5wb75fgv_f.jpg

Lion Heart

^ lol. I love 'em :dies: Slow news today, so I guess it's time for.....

*A Song of Ice and Lolz Episode 2 Part 1 :awesome:

Daenerys is taking five when Jorah comes over because Jorah is never anywhere farther than 5 seconds from being up Daenerys’s ass at all times. Jorah is like, “You need to take care of yourself,†and gives her a horse slim jim. Her face says, “If I eat another piece of horse meat I’m going to ralph.†Jorah tells her the Dothraki believe in a ghost grass that will destroy all living crops and take over the world because they are super concerned about global warming. Daenerys, “Is this supposed to be making me feel better or…†Jorah sees Daenerys looking apprehensively at Drogo and tells her it will get easier. She looks at him like, “Gross old man, why would you say that?†and rides away. Jorah, “A swing and a miss.â€

shrmps1325822520.jpg

The Dothraki make camp. Jorah stops Viserys and is like, “Uhh dude don’t you wanna go back to the hotel, it doesn’t really seem like camping is your thing.â€

Viserys, “I don’t want a hotel I want an army.†He picks up on Jorah’s condenscion and brings up his slave trading because Viserys is a manipulative dick. He makes Jorah tell him about how he got caught selling slaves by Ned Stark. Viserys, “Sucks to be you dude. Btw you can totally do that when I’m king and there will be a soda machine in the cafeteria, senior parking on Thursday and

Friday!

Winterfell!

Tyrion is sleeping in what appears to be a kennel surrounded by a bunch of literal dogs. I’ve had some crazy nights but I’ve always woken up surrounded predominantly by members of my own species. He looks around confused:

djdjbk1325822770.jpg

And then he immediately rolls with it. I want to party with Tyrion so bad, a man who wakes up in what looks like a pig sty and isn’t thrown is a man you want to get a drink with. (Also Bran fell from the tower at like, what, 1 pm yesterday? You would think the mood in Winterfell would be a bit more somber. Who was Tyrion partying so hard with he couldn’t find a bed?) Joffrey’s standing there, watching him sleep…? How long were you standing there Joffrey?

Joffrey, “More b---hes than you’re used to right Uncle?†Ugh, go die in a hole Joffrey, you aren’t even funny. Joffrey tells him Cersei’s looking for him. Tyrion’s like, “Again?†I love how much Tyrion avoids the **** out of Cersei. Sometimes that’s the sanest way to deal with your crazier family members. Joffrey tells him that they’re going back to King’s Landing today and he should really stop sleeping in a kennel and probably change out of last night’s clothes. Tyrion tells Joffrey that he has to go see the Starks and give them his condolences about Bran. Joffrey, “I don’t want to and you can’t make me. Plus I can’t stand the wailing of women.†The kid who’s cast as Joffrey does a great job of being a terrible little ****. I hate him more than I hate Draco Malfloy, more than George Bush, more than Lea Michele. Tyrion hauls off and slaps the **** out of Joffrey’s face while he whines and cries and it is so wonderful.

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

Joffrey, “I’m going to tell my mom!!!â€

Tyrion, “Go for it she hasn’t been able to find me this whole trip. Now go tell the Starks how sorry you are! Ya dig?â€

Joffrey, “Not really.†OH and he hit’s him again!! If there was a television show that was just 60 minutes of Tyrion slapping the **** out of Joffrey, I’d probably only watch one episode (where’s the character development?) but I would enjoy all 60 of those minutes.

Tyrion wanders away all, “Time for breakfast!†But he has a moment where his face looks troubled and he’s like, “Eehhhh maybe I shouldn’t have done that.†I think the reason Dinklage won the Emmy (and should win all the awards) is because his performance is so confident. You feel that Dinklage understands the **** out of his character and is having so much fun. He joins his siblings in the great hall (which has a giant painting of a wolf in it, little on the nose Starks?) He starts placing his breakfast order, “Greasy breakfast sandwich with a side of sausage, hashbrowns and ketchup, ginger ale, orange juice, some eggs scrambled with cheddar, and bring me all the Doritos you have, especially the pizza kind….and a beer!†Then he proves he’s after every lush’s heart by ordering bacon. Tyrion!! Let’s be hangover fat together! He can’t wait for the chefs to begin to make everything he just ordered so he steals food off Tommen’s plate. The man is in desperate need Tommen! Shape up or ship out!

cfri7x1326047927.jpgTyrion tells them that it looks like Bran is not going to die.

Tyrion, “Speaking for the grotesque, I disagree. Death is so final, whereas life is full of possibilities.†I wonder if any of the actors get pissed that Tyrion gets all the best lines.

Then Tyrion tests the waters, “I wonder what Bran is going to say when he wakes up.â€

Jamie, “You know, sometimes I wonder who’s side you’re on.â€

Tyrion, “Brother you wound me, you know how much I love my family.â€

They finally bring him his beer. Hungover and pre hair-of-the-dog Tyrion 1. slapped Joffrey 2. lolled with his nieces and nephews 3. pissed off Cersei and 4. discovered that his siblings had something to do with Bran’s fall. When I’m that hungover the most I can hope to accomplish is opening Tumblr and even that is a bit of a stretch (my password is long and hard to type.)

Jamie and Cersei steal a glance which Tyrion notices. They say it’s not great to have kids in threes because one kid always winds up feeling left out. Could you imagine if your siblings were twins and ****ing? Talk about a third wheel. Tyrion tells Cersei that the charms of the North seem to be entirely lost on her (and everyone has noticed her constant b---hface.) He is now stealing food off her plate. (Dinklage delivers every line in this scene with a piece of meat in his hand. You can stop trying to win me over!! I’m already there!!)

Arya’s Room!

Arya’s packing for King’s Landing when Jon comes in. Now around the time I was reading the first book and my roommate was reading the second we had this exchange:

me: also are arya and jon snow gonna ****? cause it kinda seems like she wants to **** him. and on one hand, get it girrrrrrrrrrrl, amiright? on the other hand, he’s your half brother and you’re ten, so maybe i don’t know calm your knickers down?

Jacob: She just loves him. Don’t be gross.

me: loves him in a s-xual way? orrrrrrrrrrrr…….

Jacob: If I were a ten year old with a half brother as hot as Jon Snow, I’d probably bang him. She just loves him. Also, Arya is basically a lesbian.

me: well i think jon snow needs a lesbian. he has too many daddy issues to be with a straight girl? LOOK IM NOT SAYING I WANT THEM TO ****. IM NOT SAYING THAT. it just SEEMS like they MIGHT.

Jacob: They aren’t even going to be in the same place. He’s up on the wall and she’s down in King’s Landing.

me: well, does jon snow **** ANYONE? THESE ARE MY GoT CONCERNS.

Jacob: No. Jon Snow does not **** anyone. He’s a brother of the Night’s Watch. He takes no wife. Fathers no children. He and Sam Tarly get close once. But that’s only because they think they’re going to die and Sam is like, I want to know what my dick feels like inside someone and Jon Snow is like well, I am hot and a gentleman.

me: WHAT?? i havent gotten to any weird sam/snow s-x stuff.

Jacob: You’ll get there.

me: dont spoil gay s-x for me. you know how much that bothers me.

Now I’m not saying I want Arya and Jon to bone. I’M NOT SAYING THAT. AT ALL. LET ME BE CLEAR. I just get frustrated sometimes that so far only Sam seems to get how awesome it would be to **** Jon Snow all day every day. Anyway Arya’s pissed because she has to refold her clothes because her Septa called her a slob.

Arya, “I’m gonna have to iron them anyway when we get there, it’s a ****ing suitcase and it’s 18-Whatever the Hell we don’t have garment bags yet.â€

Jon, “Well at least you got your direwolf helping you.â€

Arya adorably and awesomely goes to show off how she’s taught Nymeria, her direwolf to fetch her gloves for her, but Nymeria just sits there and blinks at her. If you think for one second that Arya hasn’t successfully taught Nymeria how to pick up every object in that bedroom and Nymeria isn’t just refusing to participate to **** with her in front of Jon, then you are underestimating the complete and total awesomeness of Arya Stark and shame on you. Jon cuts her off quickly, embarrassed in a sweet way about what he’s about to do. He tells her to shut the door and gives her a sword. Arya face is, “This is the coolest thing that’s ever happened.†Jon’s like it’s skinny like you and you have to practice everyday. Ughhhh Jon why are you the best older brother ever!! (After Robb)

Bran’s Room!

Jon, “I just came to say goodbye.â€

Catelyn, “Well, you said it.†Damnnnnnnnnnn that is cold. Jon says a very lovely monologue to Bran about how he’s going north and how Bran can come visit him on the Wall when he’s better. Catelyn stares at him through this with pure hate. After he’s done Catelyn says, “I.Want.You.To.Leave.†Ned’s standing in the doorway this whole time and doesn’t say anything to Catelyn about what a **** she’s being. Ughhhh you guys are such dicks. You’re the reason indie music exists. Jon’s like, “Seriously lady, with this ****? You know you’re totally the reason I need to get the **** out of Winterfell you could at least act contrite about it,†and then he kisses Bran and peaces. Catelyn yells at Ned about how he left with Robert Baratheon before and came back with a baby and that ****ed her entire life up for 17 years.

Ned, “Come on don’t be like that.â€

Catelyn, “I can’t do this.â€

Ned, “Them’s the breaks.â€

On the Road!

The men going to the Night Watch and the caravan going to King’s Landing part ways on the Kings’s Road. Jon and Ned say their goodbyes. Ned makes a point to tell him that even if Jon doesn’t have the Stark name he does have Stark blood. What an ambigious, mysterious comment Ned! Jon’s like, “So you know how you’ve never told me anything about my birth mother and your wife was a complete dick to me all the time and it completely destroyed my self esteem and ruined my perspective on life.â€

i12f3b1325823589.jpg

Jon, “So, you wanna like tell me now who she is? Or like anything about her? Hair color? Favorite food? Diseases she’s prone to?â€

Ned, “Next time we see each other.â€

Jon, “You sure? Cause we got time, we’re on horses, we can always catch up with the people we’re traveling with? It’s not like the train is leaving the station? No? You’re going? It’ll take what five minutes? Okay well, maybe send me an email about it? No? Text message? Just 140 characters. No? Has to be next time we talk in person?â€

Night’s Watch!

Tyrion’s reading and Jon Snow’s sitting by the fire, Jon looks at the other new Night Watch recruits who are in handcuffs. Tyrion breaks it down for him, “Those are rapist, they’re given a choice castration or the wall. You don’t seem like you’re into it?†Jon looks at Benjen who is sitting there all, “Ugh I could go for a ****ing cigarette right now.†Jon, “Why are you reading? I didn’t know you were so political.†Tyrion tries to explain to Jon that when you aren’t born physically beautiful you have to develop other attributes such as intelligence, humor or a personality.

uplmoc1325825912.jpg

Tyrion’s like, “Of course you don’t. Also, there’s nothing worse than being an ugly royal person. My mind is what I have going for me and a mind needs books like a sword needs a wet stone.†He then points to Jon and is like, “What is going on with all this?†Jon, “Ask me nicely and I’ll tell you, dwarf.†This is the exact moment when Tyrion decides he likes Jon. So he tells Jon the truth about how the Night Watch is kinda a joke in the Seven Kingdoms and no one really takes them seriously. Then he passes Jon his bag of wine and is like, “Now would be the time to develop a drinking problem.

Edited by King

Lion Heart

*A Song of Ice and Lolz Part 2

Winterfell!

Maester Luwin comes in to check on Bran and that ugly thing that Catelyn is making. He’s like, “Uhh so I got like a million questions.â€

Catelyn, “Find someone else, can’t you seem I’m busy?â€

Luwin, “Riiiight, so about the appointments…â€

Catelyn, “I don’t CARE about the APPOINTMENTS.â€

Luwin, “So…how long….is this going to….go…â€

Catelyn, “Until I say so!!â€

Robb unnoticed had entered the room and in the doorway says forcefully, “I’ll make the appointments.†ROBB BE HOTTER I DARE YOU.

ewkdoa1325826102.jpg

Robb, “I’ll step up and be the man of the house since my mom has lost her damn mind.â€

Luwin, “Works for me, handsome,†and then subtly makes a whirly notion with his fingers by his head while pointing at Catelyn and whispering “cuckkooo†and leaves.

Robb walks into the room and opens the window and is like, “We need to have a serious conversation about when the last time it was that you showered.â€

Catelyn, “I have to take care of Bran!â€

Robb, “Knitting that creepy twig doll doesn’t count as taking care of anyone. Also, what about your youngest son Rickon? He follows me around all day, hanging on to my leg. He’s totally salting my game.â€

Catelyn, “Nice try Robb, but the only person who gives less of a **** about Rickon than I do right now is George R. R. Martin. Now shut that window and get out of here.â€

Robb sees a fire in one of Winterfell’s tower and is like, “I’m on it,†and rips off his shirt and somersaults out the door. Catelyn goes to the window and turns around and sees a stupid creepy looking dude standing there.

xilezk1325826477.jpg

He says, “You weren’t supposed to be here. No one was supposed to be here.â€

Catelyn, “Yeah well I lost my mind, didn’t you hear this is the only place I ever am now.â€

Dude pulls out a knife and Catelyn and him fight. He goes to cut her throat and she straight up GRABS THE BLADE WITH HER BARE HANDS!!! I can’t even. Catelyn, that is stupid bad ass, you just won 1000 points. My hands hurt watching it. He throws her to the ground and goes towards Bran’s bed when Summer, Bran’s direwolf, comes CHARGING into the room JUMPS on top of him then RIPS HIS THROAT OUT WITH HIS TEETH. Summer jumps on Bran’s bed and lays down and is like, “So are we going to do the Electric Slide next or cut the cake?â€

Dothraki Party!

Khaleesi talks to her annoying handmaidens while they give her a mani pedi about dragons and whether or not any exist. One of them worked at a “pleasure house†and started boning dudes when she was 12. Khaleesi’s like, “Can you teach me how to give a blow job?†She’s like, “Duh. We’ll xtube some gay ****, you’ll get it.â€

CSI Winterfell!

Catelyn goes out to where Bran fell and finds the room Cersie and Jamie were boning in and finds a long blond hair. (Long blond hair, always giving away the Lannister’s dastardly plots.)

pboif31325826826.jpg

Catelyn gathers Robb, Theon, Rodric and Luwin in the Godswood and is like, “So, TWIST! I think Bran was thrown from the tower.â€

Everyone, “Seems legit.â€

Catelyn, “Why murder an innocent child? He probably saw something weird and I think the Lannisters are involved.â€

Rodric, “This is a pretty sweet blade, someone probably gave it to the assassin.†UGH WHERE IS STABLER, this murder mystery is taking FOREVER.

Robb, “They came into my house, tried to murder my brother, if it’s war they want I will take off my shirt and fight them.â€

Theon, “Yeah! Me too!â€

ssiu721325827023.jpg

wps3ad1325827090.jpg

Catelyn, “First I’m going to ride to King’s Landing and tell Ned what happened.†Robb wants to go.

Catelyn, “No, there must always be a Stark in Winterfell and we both know Bran and Rickon don’t count.â€

Rodric, “I’ll come to make sure you don’t get raped.â€

icw0uw1326050575.jpg

Robb, “What about Bran, and the not whole not showering thing and that crazy doll you were making, did you ever finish it?â€

Catelyn, “That was just a phase Robb, I’ve moved on.â€

Catelyn goes to Bran’s room to say goodbye and places the (apparently finished) creepy Blair Witch doll above Bran’s bed. It’s a dreamcatcher? Does Westoros have dreamcatchers?

Bran “Thanks, no I love it, but I just like don’t know if I’ll use it.â€

Khaleesi!

Lesbo scene for the bros in the audience. Her handmaiden is like, “You gotten look your dude in the eyes, love comes in at the eyes, also cum.†Then she’s like, “You’re a queen now get on top and ride that mountain man.â€

Khaleesi, “I don’t think this is the Dothraki way.â€

Handmaid, “If he wanted the Dothraki way, why did he marry you?â€

Khaleesi, “Hmmmm. Didn’t think about it like that way before but that is a super good point, I am totally going to mess his world UP.†Drogo comes in naked ready to bone and she’s gets on top of him. At first he’s like:

q9khhx1325827416.jpg

But then he’s like:

zmwhyo1325827483.jpg

Kingsroad!

Spoiler alert: Everything that happens next is TERRIBLE.

Sansa is walking her adorable direwolf Lady through the camp. Sansa’s terrfied of Joffrey’s personal soldier, the Hound, and the royal executioner, Ilyn Payne, who had his tongue cut out by the Mad King. Joffrey comes over and starts showing off for Sansa, throwing his princely weight around. He tells Sansa to go for a walk with him and she tells Lady to stay. Joffrey and Sansa are pretending to be adults on a date. Joffrey offers her a bag of wine and is like, “I have a fake I.D., I totally get wasted in my parents’ basement all the time, I mean it’s pretty cool.â€

Meanwhile, Arya found a little ginger kid to play wooden swords with her so she can learn how to use needle, because Arya is a strong, proactive, independent woman.

Joffrey and Sansa come upon Arya and her red-headed pal. (All of what happens next is so bad: children, with their miscomprehension of how the world works can be so sad and terrible sometimes.) Arya sees Joffrey and Sansa and knows this isn’t good.

Arya, “What are you doing here? GO AWAY.â€

Joffrey can’t handle people doing things that he’s not involved in so goes up to the red head to have a dick measuring contest. He pulls out his real sword to show up the red-head and is like, “You wanna play, let’s play.†Joffrey brought a gun to a knife fight.

The kid is like, “Uhhh yeah don’t want to play games like that with you lord/rich kid let’s just call it off.â€

Joffrey, “I’m your prince not your lord,†and takes his sword and starts cutting the boy’s cheek. God, this kid is an insane little psychopath. Arya can’t take it anymore and grabs her wooden sword and whacks him over the back!! Girl’s got ****ing balls. The red head runs away and Joffrey ****ing loses it chasing Arya around till he has her pinned on the ground shouting, “I’ll gut you you little ****!!†Nymeria hears him use that derogatory word for women to Arya and comes running up.

Arya takes his sword and ****ing flings it in the river then runs off with Nymeria. Sansa’s like, “My poor prince, it’s going to be so hard to be attracted to you now.†Joffrey’s super embarrassed and his pride was hurt so he has to be a total dick to everyone around him all the time cause that’s how he is.

Later that night!

Ned is in the woods ****ing losing his **** over his lost daughter because Ned is the best dad in the world. His dudes are like, “Uhhh, she’s found and she’s with the king.†Ned’s ****ing PISSED that the Lannister’s found her and didn’t take her to him. He straight up SHOVES people out of the way trying to get to the king.

Ned, “Why wasn’t she brought to me?â€

Cersei, “What happened was your daughter and her wolf beat up my son, and now he’s bleeding, and I’m a mama bear, and I will literally eat every single person in this room because you made my son cry.â€

Arya, “Nothing you just said is close to being rational or correct.â€

Joffrey, “You’re lying and I’m telling the truth and weird sobbing noises.â€

Arya, “****ING LIAR.â€

Robert, “This is some he said, she said bull****.â€

Cersei, “Let’s ask Sansa. I am a terrible adult who puts children into incredibly difficult situations to get what I want. I should probably never be in a position of power because I will abuse the **** out of it.â€

Sansa, “I don’t really remember what happened. I was drinking, there was a lot of noise, it all happened so fast, what day is it, don’t listen to me.â€

This makes Arya ****ING lose it and she straight up attacks Sansa in the middle of the hall.

Cersei, “That child behaves on the outside the way that I feel on the inside all the time.â€

Robert, “Children fight, it’s better if they suffer embarrassment and take the consequences now it will make them stronger as adults. Let’s all get some healthy perspective of this situation, calm down and move on.â€

Cersei, “That’s literally impossible for me to do.â€

Robert, “You let a girl disarm you Joffrey?â€

Joffrey looks like his balls just shrunk three times, if they could get any smaller. (I wish Arya and Robert got to spend more time together, I think they’d really like each other.)

Robert, “Discipline your kids Ned, I’ll discipline mine. We’ll all have a drink later and laugh about this.â€

Ned, “Sounds good.â€

Cersei, “What of the direwolf?†Cersei is amazing in this scene because she is almost whispering. Her voice never rises and everything she is doing is so straight up mother****ing evil I can’t even. They tell Robert that Nymeria disappeared.

Robert, “Welp that settles it.â€

Cersei (in the smallest whisper), “We have another wolf.â€

Robert, “Mother****er. Fine. As your will.â€

Ned, “For SERIOUS?â€

Robert, “Direwolf isn’t a pet, get her a kitten.â€

Sansa realizes they’re talking about Lady and Arya and Sansa LOSE IT while Cersei and Joffrey’s expressions never change.

7bxzdk1326053176.jpg

Even if the Lannisters did nothing else for the rest of the series but anonymously donate to charities they would be infinitely hateable for this moment right here. Cersei, “Where is the beast?†Like shes asking where the ****ing tea is. Sir Ilyn goes to do it and Ned’s like, “NO. I kill things. It’s the way I am.†Cersei assumes Ned is trying to find a way to keep the wolf alive because Cersei assumes everyone is like her. Arya is looking at Joffrey and already mentally preparing to kill him. Sansa is never coming back from this. Ned goes to kill the wolf. He passes the Hound with the butchers boy dead across the back of his saddle. THIS IS ALL SO AWFUL. Ned finds Lady and it’s horrible and terrible.

ldt6rp1326343306.jpg

When the knife goes in it cuts to Bran in his bed - his eyes open.

anelag1326053388.jpg

END OF EPISODE.

(Happy Endings: The dog that plays Lady was adopted by the girl who plays Sansa’s family, so it’s not all constant sadness.)

BTW Vote for Game of Thrones here: http://www.newnownex...ou-betta-watch/

Justtwo clicks away :party:

And here: http://www.hulu.com/bestinshow

Round 1 voting ends March 14. The competition's close :ohno:

This is kina cool: it's a tournament where all the GOT characters face off against each other. Some of the matches don't make sense but no1curr http://gameofthronestournament.com/

Edited by King

Amazon has season one on bluray on sale for $34.99 right now. :O

Lion Heart

Amazon has season one on bluray on sale for $34.99 right now. :O

Excellent price- beats HBO's 80 bucks :sweat: Thanks Vampira! :)

All this news :cry: Got some catching up to do!

Fey! Where have you been :cry:

I have two updates today: The Problems With Adapting "A Clash of Kings" (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

http://io9.com/58914...p-to-season-one

^ The link contains spoiler's to some of the character's story arc, so read only if you've read Books 1-3.

*HBO, Bigpoint to Develop 'Game of Thrones' Online Game

*game_of_thrones_game_-_h_2012.jpg

COLOGNE, Germany -- HBO has signed a deal with German gaming group Bigpoint to develop a massive multiplayer online role-playing game based on the premium cable network's fantasy series Game of Thrones.

GALLERY: Who's Who on 'Game of Thrones'

Bigpoint, which developed a similar MMORPG based on the Battlestar Galactica series, said it will give an exclusive first look into plans for the game next week the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, which runs March 5-9.

As with Battlestar Galactica, the Game of Thrones online game will be free-to-play. The game will be set in the series' fictional medieval world of Westeros and feature plot lines inspired by the show and George R.R. Martin's original A Song of Ice and Fire book series. The second season of Game of Thrones bows April 1 on HBO.

GALLERY: 'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Preview

“With a rich and complex story, expressed through an amazing level of detail, it’s easy to see why the HBO series Game of Thrones has amassed an army of fans worldwide,†said Bigpoint CEO Heiko Hubertz. “We intend to build a game that resonates intimately with its diehard community of followers, while also creating an authentic gaming experience that attracts newcomers to the franchise.â€

Norwegian games studio Artplant will develop the game, with a closed beta version expected to deliver this fall. Bigpoint is one of the leaders in the fast-growing free-to-play gaming industry. The Hamburg-based company has over 250 million registered users worldwide.

Just like the RPG-game that comes out on the XBOx and PS3 platforms, I'm a bit mixed... oh well, only time will tell I guess.

Game of Thrones iTunes banner :party:

yK4l9.png

Edited by King

• Lion Heart locked this topic