💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Compare current stars with ones that have come before

Bebe

Featured Posts

We all know that Gaga is the new David Bowie Madonna Iron Maiden, but what about our other stars?

To me Taylor Swift seems like the new Britney Spears. Girl next door, huge album sales, both briefly dated notable stars of the biggest boy-band of their times, american sweethearts. 

landscape-1431960244-brit.jpg

Miley Cyrus is the new Xtina. Move from innocent child star to highly provocative and s-xual starlets, vocally talented.

1393186057_miley-cyrus-christina-aguiler

Adele is the new Alanis Morissette. Both released albums about heartbreak, where not expected to be able to compete with the pop stars of their day, experienced huge album sales with defining albums.

main.jpg

Beyonce is the new Tina Turner. Vocal talent, dance routines, a penchant for leotards/sparkly stage outfits, acclaimed performers

beyonce-and-tina-turner.jpg

Ariana Grande is the new Mariah Carey. Huge vocal range, known for diva behaviour.

4AX0bBG.jpg.4a9f90d08eae68a977387a2317f8

Nicki Minaj is the new Lil Kim. Known to be the respective queen or rap of their generation, both refer to themselves as the black barbie, s-xual image at times.

nicki-minaj-vs-lil-kim-1407245550-view-0

Note that this topic is a little tongue in cheek and is not meant to be a "X ripped of Y!!" type thread. All artists are influenced by the ones that came before them and other similarities can be explained by artists filling a gap in a market that a previous artist used to dominate in.

What artists would you compare? 

caseymonster

agree on everything except ariana. shes not even close to mariah except the range. i cant see ariana as a serious musician to be honest 

Taylor is above Britney in so many ways. Britney sold s-x and a few nice dance moves. Taylor can actually compose music and write very well. Calling her the new Britney is degrading to her. She goes out of her way to not use s-x as a selling point.

The Child

Taylor is above Britney in so many ways. Britney sold s-x and a few nice dance moves. Taylor can actually compose music and write very well. Calling her the new Britney is degrading to her. She goes out of her way to not use s-x as a selling point.

Lmao Britney is above Taylor.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Cody Draco

Nicki Minaj is a rip-off in my opinion though unlike the others which are fair comparison.

Nicki is better than Lil Kim tho.

Must suck to be ripped off AND upstaged.

:xtina2:

PMKKARDASHiAN

"everytime" says hello. But I disagree with the two being compared anyways. I feel like certain entertainers cannot be compared and I've always said each decade has its one iconic pop girl 80s had madonna. 90s had Britney. 00s had gaga. They stand alone and don't have "the next" in the following generation

"everytime" says hello. But I disagree with the two being compared anyways. I feel like certain entertainers cannot be compared and I've always said each decade has its one iconic pop girl 80s had madonna. 90s had Britney. 00s had gaga. They stand alone and don't have "the next" in the following generation

perhaps, tthough I would say its Mariah to 90's, Britney started on like '99/'00 :) So Britney for 00's and 10' is still only half way through, but my vote still goes to Gaga for that unless something happens.

I agree on some lvl with The OP though I do find this more a question of ppl's obsession to gategorize everything and everything eventhough they really aren't alike... They are quite different ppl and artists as far as U know. :)

FrankGutz

so good :legend: the only one i disagree is maybe Alanis/Adele, idk

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived