WHAT ALBUM? :rip: i didn't hear nothing about a new album by tony 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one's who bought C2C should by his album. At least get him past 10k

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

inuborg

He was overexposed after the C2C era. He obvioiusly rushed this album, right now the public is tired him. He should have waited until Q4 2016 when he could have been a force to compete with the likes of Katy Perry and Taylor Swift :koons:

:lmao:

At first I was like...gurl... but then I got the joke :laughga: 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

NewYorkCity

Really feel bad for him... I mean, yeah sales doesn't matter for Tony but still... it is a bit sad after such a success with C2C. Still, this album wasn't promoted.

Anyway, to watch the good side... we can now clock the haters saying that all the success C2C had was because of Tony. :whitney: 

Didymus

Beautiful cover art. Wish we got something like that for C2C :air:

This was to be expected. C2C had some of the biggest promo ever for a jazz record in the last few years and to be honest, I actually thought C2C already underperformed compared to Tony's status.. could be wrong but I remember people making threads about C2C selling less than Tony's previous record.

Anyway, it's obviously not that much of an exciting release if you're not a hardcore fan so whatever. It's not like anyone will use these sales to dismiss Tony's legacy (which only happens in the pop girl sphere anyway).

NewYorkCity

Where are these monsters claiming his son/manager was as much as responsible for CTC promo as Bobby was

and this.

Bobby is slayage.

Paper Gangsta

Beautiful cover art.

it looks like spoken word album cover lol. that font and composition :emma: 

Didymus

it looks like spoken word album cover lol. that font and composition :emma: 

I don't have any experience with spoken word albums but I can sort of imagine it looking back now :air: 

Paper Gangsta

I don't have any experience with spoken word albums but I can sort of imagine it looking back now :air: 

mess I made mistake. SW albums look differently. I forgot which category it is but there is one that this cover reminds me of lmao.

This was to be expected. C2C had some of the biggest promo ever for a jazz record in the last few years and to be honest, I actually thought C2C already underperformed compared to Tony's status.. could be wrong but I remember people making threads about C2C selling less than Tony's previous record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Bennett_discography

C2C easily beat Tony's previous album. His 3 big albums this century are Duets I and II (2006 and 2011) and C2C in 2014.

1. No one even knew he was releasing this

2. Zero promo

3. He's a legend regardless and has proved himself countless times. He's making music for the love and passion of it.

4. HAHA SUCK ON THAT HATERS!! Everyone said C2C only sold because of Tony, Gaga is and always will be massive. I will never take hearing Gaga is a flop ever again, she is not and won't ever be.

Didymus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Bennett_discography

C2C easily beat Tony's previous album. His 3 big albums this century are Duets I and II (2006 and 2011) and C2C in 2014.

Reading a bit & I think it was about Duets and Duets II selling more in the opening week. Anyway, I don't give a **** about charts but it just fits in Tony's "decline" (only album-sales commercially of course) narrative that we see extended here as well and C2C actually fits in perfectly.

chiuga

Tony isn't a front loader like the majority of pop singers out there I guess? If he tours this album he should be able to get a more decent number

Cody Draco

He was overexposed after the C2C era. He obvioiusly rushed this album, right now the public is tired him. He should have waited until Q4 2016 when he could have been a force to compete with the likes of Katy Perry and Taylor Swift :koons:

Your sense of humor. :lmao:

LoveandMagic

Tony is such a legend and such a gentleman. He makes music and performs for the love of the art. He's also not hurting for cash, so doesn't have to worry about having to support his family. He is/will be just fine. :love:

Hmmm, I too see the ones claiming that most of the touring and music sales were mostly because of Tony and his crew are mysteriously silent. No worries though. When they can't find an excuse they will just pretend that this bit of news never happened and go on acting like Gaga isn't much of a talent, performer, or legend-in-the-making divine diva. :reductive2:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived