šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG5: Critical or Commercial Success?

Harry

Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?

Featured Posts

When Lady Gaga finally releases her fifth album, we as fans will likely be interested in how the record performs on the charts, as well as how it is received by critics.

But which is more important to you, and why? Would you rather her achieve a 90+ score on Metacritic but free fall on the Billboard 200 and produce no hits, or receive a score of 52 on Metacritic and have several smash hit singles?

And before this b---h pops up

enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg

It's a hypothetical question, obviously having both would be v nice xo

So what would you rather, critical or commercial success?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

critical!Ā 

im always perched for meta scoreĀ 

sCigSu6.gif

and most of the time i agree with meta scores (i disagree with blackout american life title born to die mdna rebel heartĀ and paradise)Ā 

Commercial.

I'm here for the bling this time.

:awkney:

Fair play for admitting it! Most people wouldn't even though there's nothing wrong with wanting that imo :)

critical!Ā 

im always perched for meta scoreĀ 

sCigSu6.gif

and most of the time i agree with meta scores (i disagree with blackout american life title born to die mdna rebel heartĀ and paradise)Ā 

lmao yass you and me both

"And before this b---h popsĀ up"Ā :rip:

But I'm here for critical success. I don't get the point in listening to a commercially successful album if the songs are crap. It's like you're forcing yourself to like it and I don't have enough energy for that. I'll love LG5 because the music will be good, and not its position on the chart.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Cody Draco

Critical since reviews speak for an album to potential listeners more so than sales do.

You don't look up the sales figures for an album you are interested in.

Unless you're only interested in music that slays the charts.2f010f9e.gif

Warholian

Commercial success means a larger exposure of her image, message, and lyrics to the public. Critical success means, well...Ā not a whole lot, and probably not a whole lot to Gaga either.Ā 

And to everyone saying critical success means better music none of Gaga's albums have been seriously critically acclaimed other than Cheek to Cheek. The average is a solid 70. Majorly, the music that a Lady Gaga fan is going to call incredible would seem subpar or lowbrow to music critics.Ā 

Ā 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Born To Slay

I don't care about either, I often disagree with both critics and charts, so there opinions are irrelevant to me. If I need to pick one to worry about tho, it's the charts, at least it's an irreverent system that actually kinda matters.

joemayzzin

i just want new music to be honest hahaha to me everything she releases is golden anyway but if she has a few top charters i would be okay with that (: neither is THATĀ important to me as long as she is happy with what she puts out then i'm good!

giskardsb

If she achieves a 90 percent metacritic it probably would be commercial success;Ā it would probably be her "21" moment. Ā  I just don't see her straying so far from popular styles ofĀ music to where an album critiqued that well wouldn't explode.

In all cases though, music quality is the most important thing to me. Ā  At the end of the day, I either want Ā to listen to it or not. Ā I really don't care if a million other people agree with me.

Ā 

FrankGutz

i always say Critical, but now i gotta say Commercial only 'cuz i'm so ****ing tired of the: let's kiss Taylor $wift's ass

Dį“„ ā€¢ Dį“€Ź€į“‹ Hį“Ź€sį“‡ | Hį“Ź€Ź€į“Ź€ ā€¢ TŹœŹ€ÉŖŹŸŹŸį“‡Ź€ | EŹŸį“‡į“„į“›Ź€į“É“ÉŖį“„ | FÉŖį“›É“į“‡ss | Mį“€É“į“…Ź Mį“į“Ź€į“‡ ā€¢ Lį“€į“…Ź Gį“€É¢į“€ ā€¢ Sį“į“˜ŹœÉŖį“‡ Bį“‡xį“›į“Ź€

Ā 

And to everyone saying critical success means better music none of Gaga's albums have been seriously critically acclaimed other than Cheek to Cheek. T

Ā 

btw the fameĀ and tfm are more acclaimed than c2c (?)Ā 

Ā 

swordstalker

I'm here for commercial success, because commercial success guarantees money, whereas quality doesn't guarantee critical success. Look at Aura, Venus, ARTPOP, G.U.Y; they all gotĀ mixed reviews, but they're fan favourites and excellently crafted. I don't hold critics' opinions in high regard and while it's great if they're on Gaga's side, in the long term, what they think doesn't really matter.Ā 

KyliesChild

Commercial success means a larger exposure of her image, message, and lyrics to the public. Critical success means, well...Ā not a whole lot, and probably not a whole lot to Gaga either.Ā 

And to everyone saying critical success means better music none of Gaga's albums have been seriously critically acclaimed other than Cheek to Cheek. The average is a solid 70. Majorly, the music that a Lady Gaga fan is going to call incredible would seem subpar or lowbrow to music critics.Ā 

Ā 

Actually, only ARTPOP and BTW: The Remix was less acclaimed than Cheek to Cheek.

Archived