💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Project Runway S14 (spoilers inside)

My Little Phoney

Featured Posts

I feel like the blue collection was a bit over-hyped in general but when you see it next to the purple train wreck, I don't blame the judges

:omfgaga:

the purple Barney-inspired collection :sharon:

æœˆă«ă‹ă‚ăŁăŠă€ăŠă—ăŠăă‚ˆïŒđŸŒ™

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

So disappointed with how that girl who's really crafty acted in the last challenge, I was beginning to like her so much and the serious girl with the glasses but I was disappointed with their attitude this time :giveup: I feel like Amanda should've gone earlier :emma: 

I'm rooting for Ashley and Candice (love her aesthetic SO MUCH) the most I think :party: I like Edmond too but not as much :yes: 

****ing love this show! 

Watching other reality competition shows is hard after this one. This one is just so flexible, really focused on bringing out the best, and has a lot of integrity while still managing to keep you on the edge of your seat with the drama.

So disappointed with how that girl who's really crafty acted in the last challenge, I was beginning to like her so much and the serious girl with the glasses but I was disappointed with their attitude this time :giveup: I feel like Amanda should've gone earlier :emma: 

I'm rooting for Ashley and Candice (love her aesthetic SO MUCH) the most I think :party: I like Edmond too but not as much :yes: 

Amanda was always hanging on by the skin of her teeth and she was so full of herself. 

I feel in that team challenge, purple/pink/orange team (seriously, what kind of color combo?) made a mistake in how they chose their team. Amanda was chosen first as a way to boost her ego, but in reality she needed to be cut down a peg or two- someone picking her first basically gave her a ton of confidence at a time when she should have been proving herself. And the girl with the purple hair (I'm so bad with names :sweat: Ashley?) being picked last killed her confidence, which means she was down on herself and not performing to the best of her ability. So when two people on your team aren't proving themselves, either because they feel they're so good they don't have to prove anything (Amanda, who throughout the competition was blaming her team for her ****ty dress), or because they feel so crappy that they can't get into a creative mindset (Ashley) you're not going to get good results. 

Haroon

Amanda was always hanging on by the skin of her teeth and she was so full of herself. 

I feel in that team challenge, purple/pink/orange team (seriously, what kind of color combo?) made a mistake in how they chose their team. Amanda was chosen first as a way to boost her ego, but in reality she needed to be cut down a peg or two- someone picking her first basically gave her a ton of confidence at a time when she should have been proving herself. And the girl with the purple hair (I'm so bad with names :sweat: Ashley?) being picked last killed her confidence, which means she was down on herself and not performing to the best of her ability. So when two people on your team aren't proving themselves, either because they feel they're so good they don't have to prove anything (Amanda, who throughout the competition was blaming her team for her ****ty dress), or because they feel so crappy that they can't get into a creative mindset (Ashley) you're not going to get good results. 

I totally agree, watching them pick team members I was a bit confused that Ashley wasn't among the first few, then towards the end I was like " :wtf: " because it was ridiculous that she was last, like I don't understand it and I'm SO glad that Heidi noticed it and called them out about it too :crossed: 

I really liked Amanda at first because I always like it when someone comes back and tries again (hence why I'm rooting for Edmond a bit) but she always had these mean comments to say about people's work but her garments never really did anything - like talk the talk if you can walk the walk, and her ensembles didn't unfortunately :sweat: 

Oh and I'm really bad with names on this show too, at least until it gets down to a smaller group and the contestants have really differentiated themselves from each other :laughga: 

Thanks for tagging me Haroon! :hug:

I've been really tired of Project Runway for the past few seasons. To me it's been more about the drama and less about the fashion. It's like they're not trying to find the greatest designer but instead the one who can sew the fastest. I mean come on, the time they have for the challenges has been getting shorter and shorter as the seasons go by and the work presented is not good at all. I think about the first seasons, Jay Mcarroll, Kara Saun, Laura, Christian Siriano, Korto, Seth Aaron... They all did amazing stuff on that runway. Now all I see are knock offs and uninspired pieces. And don't even get me started on challenges like "make a garment inspired by a frozen yogurt flavor" like wtf?

That being said, I like Swapnil and I get pissed that he never wins. He should have won every challenge up until now (except for the last one, that skirt was hideous). I also like Merline, she always brings cool designs although not really that polished (but how can you be when you have 8 hours to make something?). Ashley is so overrated, all she does is Forever 21 clothes with box pleats. I was starting to like Candice but she ruined everything after that last one. Blake is the most overrated one tho. He tries too hard to be Christian Siriano but he doesn't have the talent.

I read an interview with Tim saying he flips out with the designers in the middle of the competition because everything was so mediocre. I can see why. Not that it's totally the designers fault but the show needs serious changes in its structure. 

Thanks for tagging me Haroon! :hug:

I've been really tired of Project Runway for the past few seasons. To me it's been more about the drama and less about the fashion. It's like they're not trying to find the greatest designer but instead the one who can sew the fastest. I mean come on, the time they have for the challenges has been getting shorter and shorter as the seasons go by and the work presented is not good at all. I think about the first seasons, Jay Mcarroll, Kara Saun, Laura, Christian Siriano, Korto, Seth Aaron... They all did amazing stuff on that runway. Now all I see are knock offs and uninspired pieces. And don't even get me started on challenges like "make a garment inspired by a frozen yogurt flavor" like wtf?

That being said, I like Swapnil and I get pissed that he never wins. He should have won every challenge up until now (except for the last one, that skirt was hideous). I also like Merline, she always brings cool designs although not really that polished (but how can you be when you have 8 hours to make something?). Ashley is so overrated, all she does is Forever 21 clothes with box pleats. I was starting to like Candice but she ruined everything after that last one. Blake is the most overrated one tho. He tries too hard to be Christian Siriano but he doesn't have the talent.

I read an interview with Tim saying he flips out with the designers in the middle of the competition because everything was so mediocre. I can see why. Not that it's totally the designers fault but the show needs serious changes in its structure. 

YES Swapnil deserves some wins! His black dress was incredible and effing BLAKE won the competition for his parachuting accident dress. I agree that Blake is overrated. His designs are like...the first types of things you sketch when you are a beginner trying out "avant garde." 

YES Swapnil deserves some wins! His black dress was incredible and effing BLAKE won the competition for his parachuting accident dress. I agree that Blake is overrated. His designs are like...the first types of things you sketch when you are a beginner trying out "avant garde." 

ugh gurl this is some serious shade you've thrown :omfgaga:

didn't even know you were capable of that :laughga:

æœˆă«ă‹ă‚ăŁăŠă€ăŠă—ăŠăă‚ˆïŒđŸŒ™

My Little Phoney

Bye Blake. You were likeable but lack experience. I kinda think Jake should've gone too, he has never impressed me with anything so far!

Merline deserved that win :)

(Swapnil is soooooo annoying to me ugh)

Totally is! I was so mad they didn't pick Ashley, Kelly, or Mr. Matronly for the win but when I saw the product online it made sense. Overall, after seeing it in production, Merline's look does fit best into Heidi's line. I just don't see enough of Merline's signature look in it. 

tbh though, this episode went from being my favorite episode in the history of Project Runway to my least favorite (I may be exaggerating in the moment). The only critique of theirs I completely agreed with was the one for Ashley and I feel she deserved the win. I also feel Mr. Matronly (I always forget his name <_<) did a beautiful job, and Kelly's design looked very much like it would fit into Heidi's line but also showed her signature style. When we look at the rubric for the challenge, I actually feel Kelly hit the nail on the head. 

My Little Phoney

Totally is! I was so mad they didn't pick Ashley, Kelly, or Mr. Matronly for the win but when I saw the product online it made sense. Overall, after seeing it in production, Merline's look does fit best into Heidi's line. I just don't see enough of Merline's signature look in it. 

tbh though, this episode went from being my favorite episode in the history of Project Runway to my least favorite (I may be exaggerating in the moment). The only critique of theirs I completely agreed with was the one for Ashley and I feel she deserved the win. I also feel Mr. Matronly (I always forget his name <_<) did a beautiful job, and Kelly's design looked very much like it would fit into Heidi's line but also showed her signature style. When we look at the rubric for the challenge, I actually feel Kelly hit the nail on the head. 

I also think Kelly got snubbed... Swapnil's James-Bond-Moment-Gone-Wrong shouldn't have been in the top three

• 2 weeks later...
My Little Phoney

EPISODE 7 SPOILERS!!!!

Kelly's win was so well deserved, her look was stunning, I loved Ashley's as well. 

Seeing Jake go like that made me kinda sad but he didn't create many memorable looks so his time was up soon anyway. Joseph has bored me from the started so it's only fair he's out to be honest... I must say I really enjoyed this episode, there was a lot of creativity. I'm glad Swapnil got called out for being lazy, like wtf is he doing?? Candice can be very b---hy but I do agree with her most of the time. I think she should have been in the top three instead of Edmond! Laurie is very lucky that she wasn't in the bottom, her look was droopy and unflattering. I thought Merline's piece was interesting, glad she took the risk! Lindsey needs to step it up soon or she'll be out, mark my words. I'm intrigued who'll get the Tim Gunn save, something tells me it might be Merline.

Just finished watching Ep8 :flutter: 

DAMN Candice and Edmond are doing amazingly and I'm fully rooting for them! I'm surprised Ashley fell flat, she'd been doing so well :cry: Initially I thought Lindsey would get through but then I realised how she'd been in the bottom a lot and hadn't really wowed the judges at all, she had enough chances :emma: I'm becoming a fan of Kelly as the weeks go on but something's missing for me, like she's good but she doesn't WOW me like Candice and Edmond do :giveup: 

'm intrigued who'll get the Tim Gunn save, something tells me it might be Merline.

I totally think so too :toofunny: She's kooky and full of ideas and I think Tim really believes in her kook, I don't blame him either really, she's like a jack-in-the-box :dies: 

Archived