đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga sincere about her integrity? (Read or don't post pls)

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

"I refuse to compromise and allow my talents to be monetized to the point that I don't even wanna be here anymore. I will stop. I will stop, I will quit, I will retire from the commercial market if I have to do something other than be myself because if I can't be myself in this moment then everything I have said to my fans since the beginning would be a total lie."

This quote has always fascinated me and left me frowning.

giphy.gif

It makes me think of Interscope editing her vocals on every album except Cheek to Cheek, MTV cancelling her first 2013 VMA performance, Gaga being criticized during the release of Applause because of her commercial tactics (fans having to buy Applause multiple times to win a meet & greet), Gaga admitting to hating releasing singles, not being able to decide what songs become singles or become album tracks,...

Also, in the same interview:

"There's many volumes of work over a long period of time that have just not been released to the public 'cause I've chosen not to put it into the system. (...) And yeah I have a whole second act of ARTPOP, I do, and I love it."

It's hard to harmonize the two quotes and Gaga's criticism of the industry on the one hand and her artistic output on the other.

I don't want to bash Gaga here, because I actually think that if she were free from the shackles of the music industry we'd see a whole other artist and she's not to blame for her inability to do whatever she wants now (actually I blame her fanbase more for that), but my question is: shouldn't she have retired from the commercial market a long time ago if she was actually serious about the quote at the top of this post?

anigif_enhanced-25441-1391019873-5.gif

When do you think Gaga will have had enough? What's the limit?

Do you think Gaga has and will change(d) herself for fame and profit and wasn't being sincere?

Do you think that Bobby and her new career era changed her mind?

What do you think would change if her fanbase stopped supporting Interscope's way of suppressing her as an artist?

Let's say she did retire, what would be your reaction?

Enough to discuss. Fire away & keep it nice.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gianni Versace

She's a walking hyperbole, don't take anything she says 100% factual

This. She contradicts herself all the time.

degenerate

I've considered her a pathological liar for a good amount of time now. Just wish she was better at it!

Didymus

I never liked this "defense".

It's almost a disguised attack on her integrity, actually but I don't think most of you realize that when you type things like this :dies: Anyway, I'd be disappointed if she wasn't at least serious on some level when she says things like this. Wouldn't you be? :what: 

Didymus

I wouldn't grab on every single sentence she or anyone else says.

I'm not just singling out a sentence :neyde:

And I could've easily picked more quotes that have the same aim but I wanted to keep the OP readable. Though apparently it's already not working like this :later:

VOLANTIS

Well she very strongly believes in Rebirth and alter Egos. Maybe her ideas and values and moral codes are reborn from their dead ashes. Or it could be Candy Warhol and Seashell Girl feuding in her head. So much us lesser beings cant comprehend. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Gohan

When will you guys learn that every person changes their mind every once in a while? She's also said that she doesn't like sleeping with random men, because she's afraid of them stealing her artistic visions from her vagina :rip:

She was damn depressed by that time and I know for sure that depressed people never recover themselves completely. They could have ups and downs all the time... So:

She was so angry during that interview. She said so many times that she hates how pop music is manufactured, but she NEEDS pop music in order to have fame. Why don't you quote that too? :proud:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Sam Dey

where's that gif of gaga's interview at google where she's laughing at all the stuff she said she'd do but never did like the telephone continuation and bad kids verse etc

Didymus

Well she very strongly believes in Rebirth and alter Egos. Maybe her ideas and values and moral codes are reborn from their dead ashes. Or it could be Candy Warhol and Seashell Girl feuding in her head. So much us lesser beings cant comprehend. 

This is a very interesting theory :flutter: I'd love it. Kind of like a living social commentary like her The Fame persona :legend:

degenerate

But on other note, obviously she wouldn't have been able to just quit in 2010 if that's what you're implying. It's just recently that she's realized she's capable of doing things "free from the shackles". She's established herself enough. Plus that entire era was supposed to exude an idgaf additude. Even her tone of voice for that whole interview sounded like she had just taken a handful of Xanax

Didymus

She said so many times that she hates how pop music is manufactured, but she NEEDS pop music in order to have fame. Why don't you quote that too? :proud:

Whut? She never said that :rip: If she did, that would be horrible.

Didymus

But on other note, obviously she wouldn't have been able to just quit in 2010 if that's what you're implying. It's just recently that she's realized she's capable of doing things "free from the shackles". She's established herself enough. Plus that entire era was supposed to exude an idgaf additude. Even her tone of voice for that whole interview sounded like she had just taken a handful of Xanax

That's interesting and I'd like to believe that's true.

That's why I added the: "Do you think Bobby etc. changed her mind?" question :yes:

Archived