💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

The original VMA 2013 Stage

LaMaisonGaga

Featured Posts

Bad Bromance

Don't understand why MTV wouldn't allow a pair of hands on stage though.

It's not the pair of hands that were a problem.  Gaga explained that it was part of the overall performance that they wanted her to tone down so she left them out altogether.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

i really love the performance as it is, but the original concept sounds so much more complex and elaborate. FÜCK YOÜ, MTV!

amazing-blonde-fashion-f--k-you-gaga-Fav

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

I just think the original performance had nothing to do with Applause and it was for the best that she had to scrap it.

elijahfan

... um, that's the exact stage she used, apart from the hands, I don't get the hassle here

Giorno Giovanna

And the thing where she wanted a bunch of Gaga dopplegangers on the red carpet.  I wonder if she will still do that some day.  Prob not.

Now no one will be stopping her.  So exciting.

i forgot about this

actually this be genius and fkkking slay

ă“ăźă‚žăƒ§ăƒ«ăƒŽă‚žăƒ§ăƒŽă‚ĄăƒłăƒŠć€ąăŒă‚ă‚‹

elijahfan

I just think the original performance had nothing to do with Applause and it was for the best that she had to scrap it.

Right, I'm actually sure the original concept was for Aura tbh

She probably had two different themes in mind, the idea of being every icon for the catwalk and the original one for the stage. Seeing as MTV denied her performance on the red carpet, she decided to keep that theme for the performance. I always considered the props incredibly weird for the song, so I'm glad to know what occurred behind the scenes. 

Right, I'm actually sure the original concept was for Aura tbh

Didn't Gaga post a concept drawing of the performance on Twitter, after Applause was released? If that's the case, the performance was definitely for Applause.

evgenigerm2

Actually that is the stage that was on the performance

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

Bradley

yes, she was suppose to be on the red carpet with lookalikes dressed as her during her eras and she was supposed to be dressed in a colour changing dress that changed colours depending on where she walked past on the stage and she was supposed to be on a harness flying around the stage.

That would have been so rad.

yes, she was suppose to be on the red carpet with lookalikes dressed as her during her eras and she was supposed to be dressed in a colour changing dress that changed colours depending on where she walked past on the stage and she was supposed to be on a harness flying around the stage.

I feel like that would have been super cool, considering the execution would have more than likely gone well.

It's really disheartening to know so much of ARTPOP's first half was just occurrences, over and over, of things going unplanned for her and her vision of the album.

3 points in and ready for more

PartySick

Don't understand why MTV wouldn't allow a pair of hands on stage though.

It was this whole gore scene thing that she was going to do. Basically, she would have upstaged Miley so they told her "no" and she did what we saw. There's a bunch of pictures and the original concept floating around here somewhere. 

đŸ–€

She should do the multi-gaga red carpet thing, it's a brilliant idea ! 

I wish she had saved the original performance concept for the ARTRAVE... 

Bradley

It was this whole gore scene thing that she was going to do. Basically, she would have upstaged Miley so they told her "no" and she did what we saw. There's a bunch of pictures and the original concept floating around here somewhere. 

I can understand why the gory scene wasn't allowed but for the sake of Miley? How much had Miley paid to MTV to have done that?

Archived