Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Raven Symone on Caitlyn's transition "too fast too soon"

Barbados

Featured Posts

Barbados

http://www.newnownext.com/raven-symone-voices-concerns-over-caitlyn-jenners-too-fast-too-soon-transition/07/2015/?xrs=_s.fb_main

“Stories of other people in the community and the struggle and the transition,” Raven explained. “I think it’s wonderful and yes, it needs a light shined on it, it’s just a lot for me in one show and you just came out and you’re just doing this now. When I came out, I didn’t go and go hardcore and be like ‘I’m going to save the world for LGBT.’ You gotta learn it first.”

Does anyone agree on this? Do you think it's too much that Caitlyn is all of a sudden coming out and acting like our saviour? 

She does have a point. As Bruce, there was nothing he did or mentioned for the LGBT community. In fact, his stepson in law (Kanye) was a known homophobe who made several public remarks towards the community, and we never heard Bruce take a stance about this.

*RAVEN WASN'T REFERRING TO CAITLYN'S TRANSITION SPECIFICALLY, JUST HER TRANSITION INTO THE LGBT COMMUNITY AND HER VOICE*

dont get confused and READ the article

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tokyo Rose

Why sit and dissect someone's transition in a negative way like that?

I don't have any interest in the Kardashians, but it isn't Raven's place to publicly dissect Caitlyn's transition. 

Checkers

What I love about Caitlyn and her show is that it focused on her raising awareness on LGBT issues instead of it being more about her and how glamorous she is etc, while the latter isn't a bad thing, it's just that it doesn't make as big of an impact as trying to help others.

Nicole

Of course it seems quick but it's been a lifetime for Caitlyn. She's waited, what, 60+ years? The fact that she has the financial means as well has a lot to do with it - many don't have the money to do a full transition so quickly, or at all. 

But no, calling it too quick is very insensitive when she's spent her life waiting for this moment. 

Barbados

Why sit and dissect someone's transition in a negative way like that?

I don't have any interest in the Kardashians, but it isn't Raven's place to publicly dissect Caitlyn's transition. 

it's healthy to discuss things like this. Don't act so taboo about it. 

Especially when Caitlyn is capitalizing on her transition

Raven has a voice in the LGBT community too, she can say what she thinks, nothing is negative about it

Quasi

I think whoever wants to contribute their voice to the LGBT community can do so in whatever time frame they choose. Obviously Caitlyn's transition to a spokesperson of the transgender community was indeed quick. But better late than never I suppose. I wouldn't have expected Bruce to speak up for LGBT people because he probably knew he wouldn't be taken seriously given his status as a wealthy, presumably straight, white male. But as Caitlyn, she had more of a voice because she got people's attention with her transition.To be honest, that's a perfect time for her to shed light on the subject because of all this exposure. Using that experience in that short time frame to bring light to issues is nothing to be ashamed of nor should it be frowned upon. I love Raven, but I just don't see her logic here. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Tokyo Rose

it's healthy to discuss things like this. Don't act so taboo about it. 

Especially when Caitlyn is capitalizing on her transition

Raven has a voice in the LGBT community too, she can say what she thinks, nothing is negative about it

She's the one making it taboo in a way by sitting there and saying "oh too soon!" 

Hexxx

yeah kinda.

But I believe Caitlyn's spotlight was paid for. i think Caitlyn's story is nothing MORE than what other transgender people have gone through.  

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Katsuki Bakugo

I am ****ing sick of this twat tbh

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Ferrer Zorola

I understand both sides.
And I also used to love That's so Raven :nick:

LIFE IS GOOD

Barbados

She's the one making it taboo in a way by sitting there and saying "oh too soon!" 

The transition isn't too soon, just her voice for the LGBT community

Especially when so many have been struggling for so long on the fore front and then all of a sudden Caitlyn is our saviour and goddess. At least thats how the media makes it out to be

RAMROD

Don't even.kniw what is Raven Symone anymore tbh.

I think what Cait been.doing is very encouraging.

There is nothing.too soon nor.too.late for trying to give awareness to the masses and fix their ignirance and hate towards LGBT.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Tokyo Rose

The transition isn't too soon, just her voice for the LGBT community

Especially when so many have been struggling for so long on the fore front and then all of a sudden Caitlyn is our saviour and goddess. At least thats how the media makes it out to be

She can't be a voice for the community yet because she hasn't been out long enough?

Everything the Kardashians do is media oriented, that's the way these people live.

Why pick on Caitlyn for being media-oriented with her transition when we've already known that's what this family is?

Archived