💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Bonnie McKee: Katy hasn't started on her new album yet

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

Are you working on Katy Perry’s next album?
I don’t think she has started yet. She just finished a tour and I think she’s taking a break for a second. She needs a break. I know she never stays out of the studio for long though, so I’m sure it won’t be long.

LG5 is safe :pray:

She also talks about her new EP (BUY BOMBASTIC EP ON ITUNES NOW! :legend: ), her problems with Epic and getting her old songs back

It’s so good to have you back on the pop scene. What happened after “American Girl”? We all wanted an album.
I signed to Epic and we put out “American Girl.” I think that there just wasn’t a plan. I had a whole album finished and had plenty of songs I felt were singles, but I was told to go back and keep writing. That delayed things and the more you delay things — the more momentum you lose. I went on the tour which was amazing and I started promoting a song called “S.L.A.Y.,” which I still love so much.

I was really unhappy with the label, but it’s nothing personal. Everybody’s fine, we all still love each other. I just felt like I knew what I wanted to do with my career and I thought it was time for me to step out on my own and do it myself. I’m in a weird place because I’m a new artist technically, but I’ve been in the business for a really long time and I already have a name for myself. I’m a baby artist but people’s expectations of me are so astronomical because I’ve written so many number one songs.

Interesting read!

http://www.idolator.com/7598858/bonnie-mckee-interview-bombastic-ep

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Good for her, she just came back from a hugely successful tour, let her take a break and come up with a good concept for #thenextone.

Tropico

Katy fans gonna have to wait till late 2016 or 2017 :deadbanana: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

SlaeUrAnus

I swear, I would lose my **** if there is another ARTPOP vs PRISM or Applause vs Roar :neyde: 

In my messy era.

Spock

The gap between Teenage Dream and Prism was three years so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Which is funny because Fall 2016 is when TS6 should drop, so that should be interesting)

Lassex

Who is she and how does she know :confused: ''A song called S.L.A.Y.'' tho, the impact of gays :laughga:

Edit: Oh, she writes songs with/for Katy :yes:

FrankGutz

I swear, I would lose my **** if there is another ARTPOP vs PRISM or Applause vs Roar :neyde: 

If this happens, Gagz needs to win, im gonna pray :pray:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Haroon

I'm sad that we won't be getting any Katy for a while and I'm also sad to read what happened in Bonnie's situation too :noparty: Sucks that the album she was ready for didn't come to light in the end. Even as someone who doesn't really know her solo music, I totally understand how she's seen as a new artist but people have high expectations of her, or at least I definitely do due to the material she's had a hand in in the past :omg: 

She can churn out an album very fast because she isn't very involved in the process. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Computer

Thank you Bonnie we appreciate the space for LG5

iZezm4NiWLTwe.gif

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

SlaeUrAnus

She can churn out an album very fast because she isn't very involved in the process.  

Noooo :lmao:  

In my messy era.

Spock

Who is she and how does she know :confused: ''A song called S.L.A.Y.'' tho, the impact of gays :laughga:

Bonnie's a pretty hot songwriter. She wrote Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Wide Awake, Last Friday Night, Roar, Birthday and a couple other songs "with" Katy, so basically almost all her iconic singles

Illuminati

pretty much

Bonnie's a pretty hot songwriter. She wrote Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Wide Awake, Last Friday Night, Roar, Birthday and a couple other songs "with" Katy, so basically almost all her iconic singles

Bonnie deserves Katy's success.

Life is unfair, but what can we do? 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Archived