Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Opinion : Some Of Gaga's Fans Are Ungrateful Lately

antpats2

Featured Posts

antpats2

This is just my opinion so please don't drag me for it or anything. If you're going to disagree, then please discuss it in a mature way. 

Ok so I've really noticed lately that people seem to only like Gaga for her music, rather than for herself, or anything else she has to offer. This isn't ALL fans, but quite a few. Whenever Gaga says she has an announcement, everyone runs and assumes that it's about new music, and blame her when it isn't music related and get disappointed which is not fair. If you haven't already picked up on it, Gaga is being very secretive about this new album, besides a few lyrics and studio pics here and there because she wants to keep everything under wraps and its a great strategy and i hope she continues with it. Of course i would love an announcement about new music but im fine with waiting. Gaga gave us Cheek To Cheek less than a year ago, and most fans haven't even given it a chance which isn't fair to her. She spent 2 years at least working on that album and although it's had alot of success, its unfair of fans to act like she hasn't released music since 2013. Obviously some fans will only be here for 'pop music' but disregarding and shading CTC doesn't do anything. It means alot to Gaga and i don't think she would be happy seeing fans say bad comments about it, especially after the comments she got for ARTPOP which were totally unfair. When she announced the new dog clothing and food line, so many fans were saying horrible comments. Not even caring about all the 6-8 months of hard work done for this project. I just wish people would be a bit more mature and whenever an announcement about new music comes, then it will be the right time. But for now, accept that Gaga wants to focus on other things besides music, like her wedding, dogs, pet food and clothing line, perfumes etc. This isn't targeted at anyone in particular but I've just noticed this for quite a long time now and i hope there's others out there who agree with me. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alii

We have never been grateful. We didn't even see BTW as a success until ARTPOP happened.

AmLZnxk.gif

Nicole

It's sad but true. Some fans see Gaga as nothing but a product they think they can own + control. They think Gaga owes us something. Fun fact, she isn't obligated to give us ****. Making music is her job and she can quit any day, just like every one of us who work regular jobs. God knows how fans are gonna react when Gaga actually takes a real break one day for whatever reason.

For me, at the end of the day, there's gonna be stuff that Gaga does that might not interest me or where the business side of me would wonder how something would benefit her career. But my opinions give me no place to attack gaga and demand that she does things purely for our enjoyment. Let her enjoy herself. She is constantly being told what to do, who to listen to - by her label, team heck and even her own fans. Some fans need to lighten up and see the fun side of things - not everything has to be this totally serious profit generating send to #1 project. 

It must be hard for gaga to bite her tongue all the time lol. If i were her I'd be telling her fans to stop being ungrateful little ****s...

Wet Fire

So much truth spilled in one post. I'm glad you made this thread. Cheek to Cheek has such melodious music that it's better than some of her contemporaries' entire careers. She just won a Grammy. She gave a universally-acclaimed Oscars performance and people often describe it as a new career peak. Her vocals are getting rave reviews lately. She's not a pop music making machine who regularly sits with her team and says let's make another piece of a pop garbage. She makes true music and it takes time. Relax and let her work. If she posts so many things about new albums you guys will have meltdowns no matter how good the music is. I think it's better that sheisn't always being public about her recording sessions. And I despise the rude and immature comments 'monsters' are making regarding the dog clothing line. Some people actually exist who love their dog so much that they will do anything for them.

Creyk

I really don't think we should be grateful. What for? She didn't do anything good since the AP era.

She should be grateful to us, without us she would be nothing, and that we are still here after the AP era an an enitre era of singing nothing but jazz - not something her original audience (fans) is into.

And also I don't get why we should love Gaga as a person. You never spent a day with her, you never had a conversation. She is not your friend. She is not your family. She is a musician. I honestly don't understand people who love her for her as person more than they love her for her music. (and no I'm not saying it's wrong if someone does, but it doesn't make sense to me). She is a musician. I am interested in her work. She can keep her personal life for herself. So if I see her doing random things instead of giving me music - the one reason why I care about her - then of course I'm not that enthusiastic. 

antpats2

I really don't think we should be grateful. What for? She didn't do anything good since the AP era.

She should be grateful to us, without us she would be nothing, and that we are still here after the AP era an an enitre era of singing nothing but jazz - not something her original audience (fans) is into.

And also I don't get why we should love Gaga as a person. You never spent a day with her, you never had a conversation. She is not your friend. She is not your family. She is a musician. I honestly don't understand people who love her for her as person more than they love her for her music. (and no I'm not saying it's wrong if someone does, but it doesn't make sense to me). She is a musician. I am interested in her work. She can keep her personal life for herself. So if I see her doing random things instead of giving me music - the one reason why I care about her - then of course I'm not that enthusiastic. 

​this is where i completely disagree. To say that she hasn't done 'anything good' since the ARTPOP era is a lie and you know it. She's done a worldwide tour for ARTPOP, released a Jazz album which she is currently touring with and won a GRAMMY for, she performed at the Oscars, made a song with Paul McCartney for a movie, as well as Till It Happens To You, has gotten engaged, teased her upcoming album, and is now launching a dog clothing and food line. Of course we can love her as a person. Just because we dont know her personally it doesnt mean we cant love and care for her. She isnt just a musician. Shes a singer. a songwriter. an actor. a performer. and many, many other things. People just need to be a little more appreciative  

moonboywow

​this is where i completely disagree. To say that she hasn't done 'anything good' since the ARTPOP era is a lie and you know it. She's done a worldwide tour for ARTPOP, released a Jazz album which she is currently touring with and won a GRAMMY for, she performed at the Oscars, made a song with Paul McCartney for a movie, as well as Till It Happens To You, has gotten engaged, teased her upcoming album, and is now launching a dog clothing and food line. Of course we can love her as a person. Just because we dont know her personally it doesnt mean we cant love and care for her. She isnt just a musician. Shes a singer. a songwriter. an actor. a performer. and many, many other things. People just need to be a little more appreciative  

Yes. People need to treat her like a person. Just like you and me. She's not a pop music making robot. She's a ****ing human 

Creyk

​Well, I consider the tour a part of the era so I actually meant that too. And you are right, Till It Happens To you is an amazing song, I just wish it was actually released (even if just on soundcloud for fans), we only have an LQ recording.

The rest is irrelevant to me but It's okay if it matters for others. I am here for her work and C2C just isn't something I can appreciate. Except for Nature Boy, now that one song really is great.

Kayla

I totally agree. What we expect of her is really heartless at times. How much more does this woman have to do for these people to realize she's successful? We got these people here complaining about what Gaga is doing who will be lucky to even get Employee of the Month wherever they're working.

It's like the millionaire sports coaches who yell profanities at the athletes who aren't even paid for what they do but are putting in more work. Except here, it's the millionaire artist/actress/jazzmusician/popmusician/designer/producer/etc. putting in all the work being yelled at by people who don't seem to be pleased by multiple Grammy awards, other awards, broken records, contributions to charity, praise from legends, etc. etc. 

djBuffoon

Yes, very much so. Especially as Gaga gets older and gains more experience, she will inevitably branch out and do other things that have nothing to do with music. Hell, she already is. And these are obviously things that she is proud of, and will want to share with her fans

No one is saying that you have to love or even like it. But get a grip, grow up, and respect the fact that she is a multifaceted human with more to accomplish than another #1.

Mister Gaga

I have different opinions about this.

First i want to emphasize that i loved, love and will love Gaga until the very last day of my life. Despite i'm here since Jan/Feb 2014 (who else but the queen could make fans even in a blackout era), my thoughts on her never changed. And if they did it, to better.

I'm ****ing glad about Cheek To Cheek era. It completely changed Gaga's image in the GP. She succeded in rebuilding her image. And for the first time in months (and even more after the Oscars), i think that people is ready for another dose of Gaga. You know, 2009-2011 was too much to have a huge comeback in 2013.

I'm not against this thing about Asia, and not in favor, because i think this is related to her personal life and love to Asia. My position is neutral. I don't care about this, but not in an aggresive way. I simply don't care because i don't have dogs, and if i had one, i doubt i would care. 

The announcement shocked me, of course, because we've never had an announcement like this. But when you talk about Gaga, you never know. But she's not the only one. I hate the cheap comparisons, but in 2008 Madonna start a company of fitness (Hard Candy Fitness or something like that). And that have nothing to do with her music. She simply took a different course on her career; and Gaga is doing the same.

I'm not ashamed about this decision, neither sad or angry or happy; because it didn't connect with any aspect of my life :shrug:

Alien Tulip

I will never understand why fans care about what other fans think. It's kind of creepy that fans get upset over a other fans having a meltdown. You should only focus on your own love for gaga and not anyone elses. If I cared about what other gaga fans think about her then I'd be sensitive and always get angry since there's millions of other gaga fans on the internet. I really couldn't care less if people insult Gaga because I love her and that's all I care about. It's good to have a discussion about the scrutiny gaga gets but if it really bothers you that much to the point where you feel the need to put other gaga fans in a little corner and give them a time out then that's kind of overdoing it. 

antpats2

I will never understand why fans care about what other fans think. It's kind of creepy that fans get upset over a other fans having a meltdown. You should only focus on your own love for gaga and not anyone elses. If I cared about what other gaga fans think about her then I'd be sensitive and always get angry since there's millions of other gaga fans on the internet. I really couldn't care less if people insult Gaga because I love her and that's all I care about. It's good to have a discussion about the scrutiny gaga gets but if it really bothers you that much to the point where you feel the need to put other gaga fans in a little corner and give them a time out then that's kind of overdoing it. 

​but now youre creating negativity within negativity. It's not creepy to think that some fans might be bothered with fans who drag Gaga all the time and only care about the pop star rather than the person, and it not creepy for me to state what i've noticed either 

Archived