đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why was TFM censored?

Slade

Featured Posts

Slade

This may be status worthy, but it felt a little long for a status. I was definitely a stan during The Fame/Fame Monster eras, but I wasn't involved in online forums or fan sites like this, so I missed out on a bunch of info and behind the scenes stuff that gets talked about on here. So I was wondering if there was any particular reason that only the censored version of The Fame Monster was initially released. Does anyone know if it was something with the label or anything?

My personal opinion back then (seems a little silly now but whatever) was that Gaga didn't want to have the explicit tag on the album artwork maybe because she thought it took away from the image or vibe or whatever. The ARTPOP tag is a little different because Jeff used it in the artwork and it was foiled and all of that. But now that seems silly because I would think that Gaga would care more about the music being heard the way she wrote it rather than worrying about the album cover.

So this is kind of dumb, but I was just curious is there was a specific reason that it was censored that I was unaware of.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

Um, my copy of The Fame Monster from iTunes Store is explicit.

​I think the OP meant physical copies.

Bebe

You don't hear much swearing from the likes of Katy and other pop stars. I'd say it was a decision by the label, maybe she wasn't really a free bit baby after all.

artpopmess

I think she was still considered a kids artist at the time, lots of pre-teens listened to her Fame singles and they didn't want to lose any possible sales

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

SonOfAphrodite

You don't hear much swearing from the likes of Katy and other pop stars. I'd say it was a decision by the label, maybe she wasn't really a free bit baby after all.

​That line in DITD always bothered me :madge: Imma Free BIT!

RebeldeFaith

She probably posted it on GGD first and the system censored it. :fat:

Something something idk

narcoswing

The re-release with The Fame is censored, but the standalone 8-track ep is not. I have both, it's actually the only reason I bought the physical EP.

Slade

The re-release with The Fame is censored, but the standalone 8-track ep is not. I have both, it's actually the only reason I bought the physical EP.

​I have the physical standalone version, and it's censored. Where did you get an explicit physical copy??

TimisaMonster

She says B**** over and over in Bad Romance, DITD, and Teeth

She says f*** in Monster and Speechless

Alejandro and Telephone are the only clean songs tbqh...

That's why...no shocker. Its only 8 tracks and probably way over the limited amount of cussing so they censored it

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

​I have the physical standalone version, and it's censored. Where did you get an explicit physical copy??

​this

like what ¿¿??¿?

Archived