💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jay Z: "Music became free, but people will pay 6$ for water"

700guns

Featured Posts

Supersonic

​Oh, I have. Are they 6$ a bottle? I think the only one I've seen here in Spain supermarkets is Vici and it costs around 2$ a 1L bottle. I feel like Lorde.

​Fiji is 4€ a bottle where I live, which is atrocious for 500ml. Evian and NestlĂ© are cheaper (2-3€), but way too expensive nevertheless when the cheapest option costs 15 cent per bottle and tastes the same. :emma:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baptiste

​Fiji is 4€ a bottle where I live, which is atrocious for 500ml. Evian and NestlĂ© are cheaper (2-3€), but way too expensive nevertheless when the cheapest option costs 15 cent per bottle and tastes the same. :emma:

​Vending machine or supermarket ? Because 12 x 1,5L-bottles are 7,89€ here in France. http://www.evianchezvous.com/evian-1-5-l.html :emma:

BornAsUnic0rn

He is so friddling right!! I never used any streaming site. I always bought the albums I wanted. But I WILL get Tidal. I didn't use streaming services, because I always had a problem with 1 Million streams giving the people who worked on the song 35$.. That's barely more than nothing.

I get your points with ''This is about making millionaires richer'' and ''why are there no small indie artists''.. But these two points are DUMB in my eyes. Do you think Tidal blew off if there were just artists like Azalea Banks, Natalia Kills her career, Foxes, ect. suporting it? It would get nowhere! And sure it's making rich people richer.. But first of all:

Aren't rich people allowed to earn more money if they are still working?

... and second: When this ''****'' is blowing up and really working, the small artists will profit from it too!! Because most of them barely get 1mio streams so they don't even get 35$ for the songs they put LOTS of work and heart in.

About the 6$ water-point: If you see it as a metaphor, it's just saying that we buy things we could get for free.. And even if you don't: Here in Germany you can get water bottles with 1,5l for the price of 0.35€ (around 0,40$), but you can also get water with 1l having the price of around 3-4€ (around 3,20-4,30$) and there are still people who buy the cher ones, [FUNFACT: Studies found out that the water out of the tap is better than most of the bottled water they tested. And no, the cheep ones weren't the ones with bad quality.] So what I get from his words is: There are things you can get for free, and you are still buying them. Some even buy the expensive ones, without them being any better. But people are not willing to pay artists for their work..

CroatiaGeisha

When people buy VOSS, they're paying for a glass bottle they can refill and use again as an accessory. They buy Fiji for similar reasons, for the bottle designs and to show off status. Few actually care (although they think they do) about the water in those cases. Furthermore, people buy bottled water in general out of the (perceived, although false) notion that it is cleaner and also for the convenience. 

The only reason people buy music is out of not wanting to do anything illegal and to support the artist. I don't see this service matching any demand, except for maybe some audiophiles who are after the lossless quality. I could be wrong I guess. 

If you really want to make a "revolution" in music in my opinion, come up with something that can't be replicated so easily (which is why concerts are still doing great). You can't rely on people's charity to create the next biggest thing.

Whispering

​Ever heard of FIJI water, Evian or NestlĂ©? People in the real world go crazy about it.

You can get Fiji water for about a dollar a bottle at Costco or on Amazon. Evian for about $1.25. 

I can't think of anytime I've ever paid $6 for a bottle of water. :shrug:

TraeumereiLPB

It depends on what kind of water you buy. You can either drink tap water, buy water cheap at the discounter for like 0.19€ a bottle, or can waste your money on sh!t like Fiji or Voss water which goes for about 3€ - 4€ for a bottle :air: 

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Vernier

That's cute, but I doubt majority of people using Spotify are the kind of people who'll pay $6 for a bottle of water, so his (exaggerated) point is kinda moot :smh: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Supersonic

You can get Fiji water for about a dollar a bottle at Costco or on Amazon. Evian for about $1.25. 

I can't think of anytime I've ever paid $6 for a bottle of water. :shrug:

​Gurl where do u live where that stil overpriced sh*t is so cheap. :air:

Whispering

​Gurl where do u live where that stil overpriced sh*t is so cheap. default_air.jpg

The U.S., where JayZ lives. 

Versace

At fancy places water is always 6$ to 10$ (places like 5 star hotels for example)

but the actual price for a 500ml bottle is between 0.5-2$ at most, I buy mine for 1$ and yes i'd pay that and still think that I should be able to download music for free. I get the whole concept, respect it support it and it is what is right technically. But these people have way too much money that I don't care. Writers will lose interest you say? GREAT, it's about time these artist right their own damn music. I mean I never talk about this, I usually let it slip always just cause some jams are too good. But honestly how can you call yourself an artist if your not saying your own words, how are people suppose to believe you. Your album is your story it's something personal you should always voice what you really feel inside rather than letting hits come your way. I am Proud that Gaga has created masterpieces that she fully crafted. Although I am not against co-writing for it's just another form of collaborating.

By the way don't be a mess and think that i'm directing this at Jay-Z cause I'm not. I'm directing it in general.

uo111

It's pretty laughable that he is talking about writers and producers needing to get a second job to make ends meet when the Carter's have a networth of 1 billion dollars.

Maybe instead of trying to get everyone else to pay them, you could spread the wealth around a little bit huh?

It's like hoarding food and then petitioning poor people to feed the hungry.

​yeah but he's acting as if there's more piracy than actual purchases nowadays, if that was the case; iTunes, HMV & many record stores would be shut down by now completely 

​Piracy IS more popular than actual purchases. Everywhere around the globe it is (maybe besides South Korea, Japan and communist countries), with extreme situations in developing countries like China. Almost all teenagers pirate their music. Adele sold over 20 million copies of her album, but 20 years ago it would've sold over 70 million copies. And that while people's purchasing power has only increased and the amount of middle class people in the world has increased at an extremely high rate.

TEANUS

Actually, the majority of people DON'T get music for free. Most still use iTunes to buy music, and that's $1.29 a song :awkney:

And let's not forget the astronomical prices we pay to see these people on tour :usrs: 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived